Vince McMahon Reportedly "Heavily Behind" The Push Of Erick Rowan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Erick Rowan's current push on the WWE RAW brand may lead to big things as he has one significant supporter backing him - WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

There's no word yet on what the longterm plans are for Rowan, but Vince is said to be "heavily behind" the Rowan push, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The decision to push Rowan may have came back around the time of his Falls Count Anywhere loss to then-Universal Champion Seth Rollins on the October 28 RAW. A few weeks later on November 11, Rowan began the new storyline where he's been carrying around some sort of mystery pet in a covered carrying cage. He has been squashing enhancement talents since the mystery pet storyline kicked off. There's still no word yet on what exactly is supposed to be in the cage, or what direction they are headed in, but there should be some sort of reveal ahead of the 2020 Royal Rumble pay-per-view on January 26.

Rowan is one of several red brand midcarders that are receiving significant pushes. Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy are also being pushed on TV. As noted earlier this week, RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman has a plan for Murphy and Black to be pushed, with Murphy working as a strong heel and Black working as a big babyface. Black defeated Murphy at the recent WWE TLC pay-per-view but the rematch will take place on Monday's RAW from Hartford, CT, which is the final red brand show of the year.

Stay tuned for updates on Rowan and other WWE TV pushes as we move into WrestleMania 36 season.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...edly-heavily-behind-the-push-of-erick-664073/

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah typical. Push the guy who's trash and shit on the guys who can actually work. Vince is such a dumbass I just can't.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How is Erick trash? Oh you just want your dudes with flips.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Rowan has improved quite a lot. At the same time, his strongest attribute is his creepiness. I have no issue with him getting a push because he was pretty damm great in his feud with Reigns and Bryan. But at the same time there's always that bit of resentment when you hear someone like Rowan has McMahon's support, while a lot of people I consider better than him toil away in the midcard or worse.

In summation: meh

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
No I loved Luke Harper.

He learned a lot from Harper. I guess you never saw The Shield v.s Wyatt Family from Elimination Chamber.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
And he was okay then. He certainly doesn't suck now.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And he was okay then. He certainly doesn't suck now.

Literally the only good thing he did since then was the bludgeon brothers and that's when he was with luke harper

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I guess you didn't watch the match with Reigns

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I guess you didn't watch the match with Reigns

Oh my god wow one good match. Cool. I'm kind of just more salty that Rowan is still here and Harper isn't. I genuinely have no idea why Vince had a personal vendetta against Luke Harper but has a hard on for Erick Rowan. Even Stevie wonder could see that Harper was the better of the two.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Oh my god wow one good match. Cool. I'm kind of just more salty that Rowan is still here and Harper isn't. I genuinely have no idea why Vince had a personal vendetta against Luke Harper but has a hard on for Erick Rowan. Even Stevie wonder could see that Harper was the better of the two.

How many other chances has Rowan had at a good match lately? There was also tag against Roman/Bryan at the next PPV that was fun too. When he gets the chance he delivers. I ain't sayin' he's better than Harper either but he knows how to work now. It's like you're upset at squash matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How many other chances has Rowan had at a good match lately? There was also tag against Roman/Bryan at the next PPV that was fun too. When he gets the chance he delivers. I ain't sayin' he's better than Harper either but he knows how to work now. It's like you're upset at squash matches.

No I honestly just see him as a poor mans Luke Harper lol. His in ring work does nothing for me. Sorry.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
No I honestly just see him as a poor mans Luke Harper lol. His in ring work does nothing for me. Sorry.

Nuthin'? You don't like his runnin' crossbody? Does it need a flip?