Vince McMahon Rants About Wade Barrett's Wardrobe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Vince McMahon apparently wants Wade Barrett to have less gimmicks that conflict with his fight club-inspired persona. According to a source, Vince recently ranted about the flower briefly returning to Barrett's wardrobe and was asking what it had to do with his character.

Vince isn't angry with Barrett, but believes that he needs to focus on one thing and stick to it or else he risks looking too cartoonish. In recent months Barrett has gone from wearing jeans and being a bare knuckle fighter, then wearing the robe, then having the rose and then adding the anchor to his tights.

A lot of wrestlers believe it's a case of creative giving bad direction to a wrestler on where to take their character.
Sounds believable given how shitty he's been in this new gimmick. He really should have just kept the jeans and boots combo he had in his hype packages as it actually fit the gimmick rather than standard wrestling gear.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't understand why they got rid of the jeans. Like you said, it looked much better, and fit his gimmick. I was curious as to why they gave him the jacket with the rose thing though. Totally seemed weird.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
he debuted on NXT with the jacket and rose combo, so i guess he just wanted to go back to that.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Maybe the arrogant, rose-wearing guy that loves money and opportunity is what Barrett naturally falls back to since its been his schtick for most of his career as far as I know. He's not committed enough to either that or the bare-knuckle slugger gimmick and as a result, he's kind of all over the place. I'd say get Barret to go all out with whichever one he'd be more confortable with and see how that can be expanded, because both gimmicks are still stones left unturned, really.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This new gimmick just isn't working, should just resort back to his previous gimmick. It was a bit strange to see the jacket back whilst he is in the street fighter gimmick. They should just pick one direction and stick with it.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Motorcycle style vest with some cool patches on it, and jeans and boots. Sort of a "DDP" look, but with a little more variety.

There you go.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
His first style was the best one, also his first attire was the best one as well.