Vince McMahon Makes WWE Network Announcement for UK and Ireland Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- WWE's website has a video message at this link of Vince McMahon announces that the WWE Network is finally coming to the UK and Ireland, and this time he means it.

Beginning Monday January 19th, fans in the UK and Ireland can visit WWE.com to sign up. It will be available on the Web, iOS and Android devices, gaming consoles, Smart TVs and digital media players.

WWE Network will be available £9.99 in the U.K. and €12.99 in Ireland with no commitment.

Source: https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-is-coming-to-the-uk-and-ireland-26972520

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That's what he said the last time and it worked out great. :smug:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- WWE issued the following:

WWE® NETWORK COMES TO THE UK AND IRELAND

STAMFORD, Conn., January 4, 2015 – Beginning Monday, January 19, WWE Network will be available in the UK for £9.99 per month and Ireland for €12.99 per month on a direct-to-consumer basis, with no commitment and the ability to cancel any time. Fans will be able to sign up in time to watch Royal Rumble® LIVE on Sunday, January 25 and see which WWE Superstar competes for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania® 31.

WWE Network subscribers in the UK and Ireland will have access to the U.S. English language version of WWE Network with all 12 annual pay-per-view events LIVE at no additional cost, 24/7 scheduled programming and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library with more than 2,700 hours of content, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view.

“We are thrilled to start the new year by offering WWE Network directly to our fans in the UK and Ireland,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “I want to thank our fans in the UK and Ireland for their patience, and I’m confident it will be well worth the wait.”

Like other digital subscription services, such as Netflix and Hulu Plus, fans are able to sign up online by going to WWE.com and can watch WWE Network on their TV through connected devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku streaming devices, Sony Playstation 3, Sony Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Smart TVs including Sony and Samsung.

WWE Network programming includes groundbreaking original series, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches, exclusive coverage of special events and more. The U.S. English language version of WWE Network is available direct to consumer in more than 170 countries and territories.

For a complete listing of WWE Network availability by country and device, please click here.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Kinda bummed since Canada still has the shitty version of the WWE Network. :sad1:

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Canada gets to pay more than the $9.99 and we get less on the network ...what a deal! But the line that really upsets me is: "...And if you're not a Rogers subscriber, do our job for us and bug your cable provider by begging them to add the network."

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Good to hear they finally rescheduled the launch of the Network over there, hopefully everything goes down properly.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Can't wait to get the WWE Network in September 2015. :kiss:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
This is laughable... after what 2 or 3 failed launches they now launch it and it's £10 a month? That's $15. No incentive for anyone who currently access's the US version with a VPN to cancel and get it legitimately... I'm surprised considering we only used to pay £17.95 for a PPV which is about $27, compared to the $50 you paid over there, I thought they'd keep the network cheaper also, considering Netflix is only £5.99 here.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No, not at all.

Anyways, everyone should stick it to Vince and not buy this thing.
Exactly the point my precious post was trying to make. This seems like an act of desperation, rather then an act of mending a mistake. To little, to late in my opinion.