Vince Gilligan CBS Drama

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ahh Criminal minds I was forgetting one :) I liked that show a lot when it first started.. this is my favorite episode;
f7ce5af47642a98a546ba6898590741d.gif

^ Does this Satanic Cult Leader look familiar to you :jesse:​

I see a pentagram and Lucifer's all seeing eye. Instant-like

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I know quite a few people that are "mad" at Gilligan for "borrowing" a decent amount of stories/angles from the legendary The Shield. I'm not mad.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I know quite a few people that are "mad" at Gilligan for "borrowing" a decent amount of stories/angles from the legendary The Shield. I'm not mad.

Like what? I'm a huge fan of both, and if you wanted to, you can easily draw parallels between the two shows (they're both dramas centered around a protagonist who lives a life of crime and constantly has to stay one step ahead of the law, etc.), but I don't see any specific storyline that was borrowed. I suppose the Walt/Jesse relationship somewhat mirrors that of Vic and Shane's relationship, in the sense that Shane was always fucking up and Vic was always having to clean up after him (just as Walt so often had to do with Jesse), but that's about it.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
** SPOILERS **

Jesse = Shane. The character arc is there: enigmatic sidekick; both are under the thumb of manipulative women (they also bear a resemblance) in the early seasons of both shows; drug addicts; Vic comes to the rescue of Shane (against the Armenians), Walt comes to the rescue of Jesse. These secondary characters become the main characters’ primary foes. Breaking Bad obviously ends it on a far more positive note.

The family dynamics of the main characters are quite similar. Both have emotionally/physically challenged children. These are either used as a tool to keep these characters oblivious or to gain sympathy from the audience. Both wives start and end in similar situations.

The germs of these ideas are contained in The Shield:

• Colored drugs
• Walking naked through convenient store
• ‘'Money train’' is one of the bigger action sequences in The Shield. It is the term for an Armenian money laundering operation. In Breaking Bad, they quite literally fleece a train in one of the larger choreographed action sequences.
• The way the money is stashed and moved.
• The idea of going off the grid. Pretty much all the main characters in both shows entertain the idea. We see the process play out.

These are things I picked up without even trying. There are many parallels in their rhythms.