Villas Boas sacked by Chelsea

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Sky Sports said:
Chelsea have confirmed that manager Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked and that making a change was the club's 'only option'.

Villas-Boas only took charge at Stamford Bridge last summer following the departure of Carlo Ancelotti, but has endured a difficult time at the helm.

A 1-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday proved to be the final straw for owner Roman Abramovich and Roberto Di Matteo has now been placed in charge until the end of the season.

A club statement read: "Andre Villas-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first-team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."
Thoughts? I honestly feel it's a bit harsh. Villas Boas needed time to build his own squad but their so quick to sack people.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If Aston Villa ever needs a new coach they should totally hire this guy just because his last name is an anagram of "A Villa Boss".

Of course its also an anagram of Saliva Slob, which may explain why he got fired.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Real weird timing.

I honestly thought they wouldn't upset the team too much while they're still in the FA Cup & Champions League, if anything this makes their progress in both more unlikely now. Also weird how Di Matteo will have the job until the end of the season, so it;s not as if he's maing way for someone else to come in straight away, they're still in managerial limbo.

I personally would've waited until the end of the season until making a decision. Still the fact they waited overnight rather than doing it immediately after the West Brom game suggests they at least slept on the decision before making it.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I knew by January that AVB was getting the sack before May. Imo, he wasn't tested enough at a top level to manage Chelsea to where they wanted to go. Awful timing as well.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I can see him following Mourinho and after leaving Chelsea going to Inter Milan.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Favourites are Rafa Benitez & Jose Mourinho at the moment. Either would be a good appointment, lord knows if either want the job though.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Benitez is one of the favourites due to his Torres connection but I don't think he would do that well back in the premier League. Would love to see Mourinho back in the EPL.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I love this idea of hiring Benitez so that Roman can FINALLY get a return on this Torres deal :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Thats the sort of mentality Roman has, then if Benitez didn't get Torres scoring quick, he would be sacked.