Video: Child falls into gorilla enclosure at Cincinnati zoo - Gorilla shot dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Gorilla did nothing wrong. That's fucked up
It's a shitty situation.

They can either tranquilize and wait until it takes effect, but then there's a chance the gorilla would erupt and harm the child. No point in risking the chance, so they just kill it.
Mother should definitely be charged though for not watching the kid.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I would've just let the gorrila keep the kid as a toy, but then I'd get sued :okay:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It's a shitty situation.

They can either tranquilize and wait until it takes effect, but then there's a chance the gorilla would erupt and harm the child. No point in risking the chance, so they just kill it.
Mother should definitely be charged though for not watching the kid.
Gorillas seem pretty logical. I would have grabbed one of his gorilla buddies for a Mexican stand off. He probably would have released the kid to save his primate pal

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Kid break his fucking legs or something? Could've easily looked for an opening and bolted, or tried to chill with it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It takes at least 10 minutes to get in to that enclosure. You have to climb down, under, and over several barriers. This means the parents were not paying enough attention to the child for at least 10 minutes. The zoo had to kill the gorilla because the people screaming were making him upset and he likely would have killed the child. If everyone stayed calm maybe they could have swayed him away with food but they only had seconds to act. I do think the parents are to blame here. There is no excuse to take your eyes off your child for that long in any place, specially a zoo.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just watched the vid.. from what we saw the Gorilla wasn't being the least bit violent toward the child. Looked like he was concerned for the kid to be frank. The kid was in the water and the gorilla probably was trying to help him not drown. The gorilla obviously wasn't threatened by this tiny child.

People be stupid as fuck

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They shouldn't have shot the gorilla, the parents are to blame here.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think the mom of the child should be thrown into a pit of the gorillas family with bananas shoved up her ass

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I just watched the vid.. from what we saw the Gorilla wasn't being the least bit violent toward the child. Looked like he was concerned for the kid to be frank. The kid was in the water and the gorilla probably was trying to help him not drown. The gorilla obviously wasn't threatened by this tiny child.

People be stupid as fuck

You don't know gorillas very well. lol He was running around that like while holding the child because he was scared of the screaming. The way he was holding the child was that of a toy, not to protect it. If he was protecting the boy, he would held him close to his chest - Female gorillas are way more likely to do this than males so it is no supirse he didn't. He could have snapped and killed the kid. If everyone actually stayed calm, I don't think he would have had to been shot but the chances of getting a large group of people to shut up during something like that is impossible.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You don't know gorillas very well. lol He was running around that like while holding the child because he was scared of the screaming. The way he was holding the child was that of a toy, not to protect it. If he was protecting the boy, he would held him close to his chest - Female gorillas are way more likely to do this than males so it is no supirse he didn't. He could have snapped and killed the kid. If everyone actually stayed calm, I don't think he would have had to been shot but the chances of getting a large group of people to shut up during something like that is impossible.
Probably had a bunch of faux-gorilla experts in the crowd such as yourself that wouldn't stfu

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Probably had a bunch of faux-gorilla experts in the crowd such as yourself that wouldn't stfu

I wouldn't have been screaming or making noise. I read a lot and study a lot on animals. That is the one thing I actually do have knowledge on.