Video: Child falls into gorilla enclosure at Cincinnati zoo - Gorilla shot dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
The Cincinnati Zoo shot and killed a western lowland gorilla on Saturday after a 4-year-old boy slipped into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said at a news conference.

Harambe, a 17-year-old, 400-pound gorilla, carried the boy around its habitat for about 10 minutes in what the zoo's dangerous animal response team considered a life-threatening situation, Cincinnati Zoo Director Thane Maynard said at a press briefing.
After the gorilla was shot with a rifle, the child was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, CNN affiliate WKRC reported.
Maynard said it appeared the boy went under the rail, through wires and over the moat wall.

Full story

Madness.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Gorillas are so chill, sucks it had to die :'(

There's petitions to take the child away from his mother lol.

Reactions: Solidus1

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The real people to blame for the death of the Gorilla in Cincinnati Zoo are not the parents of the child

The people to blame are those responsible for poaching, those responsible for civil war, and those responsible for habitat destruction

Humanity rarely exists in many of us these days, and if we're not destroying each other, then we're destroying nature and everything around us

So let's raise a glass to Harambe, and remember that the animal should never be in a position where he is held captive against his will, because of all the aforementioned

Reactions: Swift and Solidus1

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Parents were stupid, but they made a mistake and had no real control over the situation. The zoo overreacted; better to tranquilize the Gorilla and bring the kid back.

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
First thing I thought when I saw this on the news was tranquillise it, parents fucked up but it was a mistake we are all capable of that and does not warrant the death threats they have received.

Reactions: Roadster

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Parents were stupid, but they made a mistake and had no real control over the situation. The zoo overreacted; better to tranquilize the Gorilla and bring the kid back.

It would take a while for the gorilla to pass out. It'd most likely go ape shit once it was shot by the dart or what have you. The mom is likely a blueberry but I think most of the blame should go to the Zoo. If a kid can just fall into the gorilla's enclosure like that, then it probably means the security isn't that great.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It would take a while for the gorilla to pass out. It'd most likely go ape shit once it was shot by the dart or what have you. The mom is likely a blueberry but I think most of the blame should go to the Zoo. If a kid can just fall into the gorilla's enclosure like that, then it probably means the security isn't that great.
There's a range of different options. Both to sedate the gorilla or to get the kid out. They could've sent a trainer in, since the gorilla was chill and calm. Plenty of options.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
That said, I'd still have no problem with taking out the mom though. Humans are pretty shitty and there's way too many of us. Gorillas on the other hand are pretty fucking cool.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There's a range of different options. Both to sedate the gorilla or to get the kid out. They could've sent a trainer in, since the gorilla was chill and calm. Plenty of options.

I really don't think it's that easy. And there was a video showing the gorilla dragging the kid around like a rag doll (lol). These fuckers are extremely powerful, a gorilla being "gentle" would still break a person in half. Especially a 4 year old child.
I fucking love animals and this breaks my little black heart, but all things considered, I don't think there was much else they could do if they wanted to save the kid.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Blue kid < cool ass gorilla

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I wish they hadn't shot and killed the gorilla. A lot of the blame should go on the parent, these things do happen but there's a lot smaller of a chance if you actually watch your damn kids.

It's heartbreaking that they shot it. I don't like zoos in the first place, I went to one twice when I was little and I've never wanted to go back. I've never liked seeing the animals obviously so unhappy in captivity, never getting to live a full life like they would in the wild.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
QopUVbC.jpg

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler