Vickie Guerrero - Performance Evaluation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On RAW next week Vince, Stephanie and Triple H will be giving Vickie Guerrero a job evaluation. She is currently RAW's Managing Supervisor and in recent weeks the McMahon's have all been pressuring her and demanding that she listen to them whilst feeding her three different sets of instructions. Next week we should find out whether she keeps her job, is upgraded to RAW GM or is fired.

I wanted to get people's thoughts on what will happen next week but I also wanted to talk about Vickie Guerrero herself and how she has evolved over the years in WWE.

She started appearing in 2005 during Eddie's feud with Rey Mysterio where Eddie revealed that he was Dominick's (Rey's real life son) papi. This culminated in a ladder match where the winner would get custody of Dominick, still can't believe that went through with that angle and used Rey's real son but I digress, and in the end Vickie cost Eddie the match so that Rey would still have custody. During this initial run she was used as the voice of reason and was definitely a face.

After Eddie died WWE brought her back in as an onscreen character in a remarkable gesture to ensure that her family would still have a steady income. When Vickie started appearing on WWE tv again this time as the peacemaker between Chavo and Mysterio. Eventually during this angle she turned heel and started managing Chavo. From the outside it looked like a strange decision, did people really want to boo the real life wife of Eddie Guerrero who had died only a year early?

WWE stuck with it though and after Chavo dumped her as manager she eventually became Smackdown Assistant GM and eventually took over when Teddy Long had his "heart attack". This was where Vickie really started to shine as she became an onscreen item with Edge and did everything she could to make him World champion. Even when Vickie was hit with a Tombstone and ended up in a wheelchair she was still a hated heel and it drew her even more heel heat. She continued in this role for a couple of years before being leaving in 2009 for real life reasons.

She eventually returned later that year and began her long run as a manager. Starting with Eric Escobar before eventually moving on to Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. During this time she was getting phenomenal levels of heat, and all she would have to do was say "Excuse Me". Then in late 2012 she split with Dolph was made RAW Managing Supervisor and it has come full circle for her.

When she started appearing she was always incredibly nervous and definitely wasn't a natural in front of the camera. She worked hard though and for years has managed to be on of the top heels in the company which is a remarkable achievement. I am liking her in her current role as RAW Managing Supervisor, especially with Brad Maddox as her lackey, and I hope that she is kept in that role after next week. Even if she isn't though all WWE need to do is pair her up with a struggling heel and immediately she will get him heat.

What are your thoughts on Vickie throughout the years and in what role (Manager or Authority Figure) do you prefer her?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not a fan of her at all, I appreciate she can get some insane heat but I don't think any of it is down to skill or whatever you want to call it. Shreiking 'Excuse Me' as loud as she can isn't a skill or something that nobody else could quite easily reproduce.

No idea where this angle is going but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see on this coming weeks RAW one of the McMahons about to fire Vickie and mid-sentence another one comes out and overrules the decision blah blah blah. I see it getting to a stage where she does get fired, or all 3 of the McMahons want to appoint themselves as their own General Manager and it leads to some sort of triple threat where the winner gives the said McMahon the power to appoint their GM.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Vickie has evolved over the years in the sense that she's learned more and more how, and more importantly when, to get under the audience's skin. Her "Excuse Me!" may be all there really is to her but she always says it with such awesome timing. It's like she's fully aware when the audience's attention will start to slack a little after a short statement or two, then SCREAMS to make them snap out of them and pay attention. It's great.

That said, I still find Vickie really dull and frustrating to listen to, especially in "acting" situations where she delivers every line like a 1st year drama student. She's been playing the same character in the same angle for years and I don't really care about anything she does or what happens to her.

The current McMahon power struggle angle (while kind of incomprehensible, I can't figure out when it began or how everyone got involved) is only interesting to me because of how things will culminate between the McMahons, not Vickie.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nobody else is better at getting heat than Vickie Guerrero, which is why she is probably going to be made to look like a fool and buried by Stephanie and Vince at her evaluation. Make jokes about her age, her weight and all the other standard stuff aimed at authority figures who get more heat than Vinny Mac or Steph......like Eric Bischoff.

Shes had a good run, hopefully she saved up her money, highly doubt she loses her job, but would rather know that she is sitting at home with a drink in her hand enjoying early retirement, then having to sell verbal jabs from McMahons for the rest of her career. Thats just me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a fan of her at all, I appreciate she can get some insane heat but I don't think any of it is down to skill or whatever you want to call it. Shreiking 'Excuse Me' as loud as she can isn't a skill or something that nobody else could quite easily reproduce.

No idea where this angle is going but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see on this coming weeks RAW one of the McMahons about to fire Vickie and mid-sentence another one comes out and overrules the decision blah blah blah. I see it getting to a stage where she does get fired, or all 3 of the McMahons want to appoint themselves as their own General Manager and it leads to some sort of triple threat where the winner gives the said McMahon the power to appoint their GM.

I highly doubt that if someone else started coming out and yelling "Excuse Me" that they would get the same amount of heat that Vickie does with it. She gets consistent loud boos whenever she talks and it isn't some XPac heat. In the end it is her character and delivery that gets her the heat, she has been booked well enough that she is a hated authority figure and manager so plenty of credit must go to the writers but she has delivered in the roles that she has been given.

For this current storyline I can see her being removed so that the McMahon's can take turns running the show and she will go back to being a manager again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nobody else is better at getting heat than Vickie Guerrero, which is why she is probably going to be made to look like a fool and buried by Stephanie and Vince at her evaluation. Make jokes about her age, her weight and all the other standard stuff aimed at authority figures who get more heat than Vinny Mac or Steph......like Eric Bischoff.

Shes had a good run, hopefully she saved up her money, highly doubt she loses her job, but would rather know that she is sitting at home with a drink in her hand enjoying early retirement, then having to sell verbal jabs from McMahons for the rest of her career. Thats just me.

Agree with this, this story has been done so many times before anyway.

Think it might be time to give Vickie a break from TV, but she has been one of the surprise's of the last decade.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
WWE really love doing performance evaluations, don't they? It's really only something they seem to have brought in over the past couple of years as well.

I'm kind of tired of it all to be honest. There seems to be so many authority figures these days, between managing supervisors, interim GM's, and even the board of directors have been brought up over the past few years. I wish they'd just go back to having one GM, and leave it at that.

I kind of hope Vickie gets 'fired' here. She's a good heel and everything, but with the McMahon's decision on taking up air time this year it's probably best we see as few authority figures as possible.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So in the end she was fired from her role as RAW's managing supervisor. Still can't see her dropping off television though so I presume she will be used in another role. One of the odd segments on RAW was when she was leaving backstage, Ryback approached her and hugged her. Could we see Vickie become Ryback's manager? Would help draw some more heat to him and he isn't the best talker. It is best if he only yells his catchphrases so it could help to have Vickie do all the talking for him.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Vickie as Rybacks Manager?

It’s likely that Vickie Guerrero starts working as Ryback’s manager and mouthpiece soon

First off, there was a spoiler in this little article I was reading so I deleted it out of there for those of you that don't want to see a spoiler. I read this and I suddenly believe it. Because they are not going to just get rid of Vickie, and making her manage somebody is a good way to keep her on the screen. It will defiantly help Ryback in the promo department.

What do you guys think?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
NOTE: Merged the threads together as they are basically discussing the same thing.

After what happened on RAW between Ryback and Vickie it does seem like they are heading in this direction, otherwise what was the point in a heel like Ryback hugging Vickie? There has to be a reason behind why he was chosen and so I expect Vickie to become his manager in the coming weeks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Meh, totally unnecessary and does absolutely nothing for Vickie. Ryback is perfectly fine cutting promos, it's his god awful Blue booking that's his problem.

Also, where has this sudden Vickie/Ryback alliance come from anyway? I swear he was constantly blaming her for getting screwed out of the WWE title and all that jazz? Am I forgetting something obvious?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bad booking? Why because he lost to Cena? Ryback hasn't been setting the world on fire with his promo work. Guessing WWE is finally getting the message that some of these guys need a heat magnet. Sheeet, even good promo men were paired off with Heenan. Doesn't hurt getting yourself some extra heat.

He hugged Vickie, maybe he just isn't an asshole. Seems to be the big thing to gain heat from WWE audiences.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bad booking? Why because he lost to Cena?
Yes, exactly that. Nothing to do with this supposed "machine" and main eventer failing to win a PPV match for going on a year, nothing to do with him losing to Henry in a throwaway WrestleMania program, nothing to do with him being turned heel for no real reason at all, nothing to do with him calling off a match against Miz.

The guy was right there challenging for top spot in the company but he's just nosedived so badly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yes, exactly that. Nothing to do with this supposed "machine" and main eventer failing to win a PPV match for going on a year, nothing to do with him losing to Henry in a throwaway WrestleMania program, nothing to do with him being turned heel for no real reason at all, nothing to do with him calling off a match against Miz.

The guy was right there challenging for top spot in the company but he's just nosedived so badly.

Oh, so you are saying he should've beat CM Punk for the title, took out Rock at Rumble and faced Cena at Mania? You expect 20 minutes out of a guy who can barely go 10?

Turned heel to give him steam, and guess what? Heels can do whatever the fuck they want, lose to everybody and still get booked back into title contention of ONE dastardly deed. Do you actually watch wrestling or just nit-pick it to death?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Keep on making those stupid assumptions, because I never even suggested or hinted that he should of done any of those did I?

And yeah, that heel turn sure has done him a world of good hasn't it? He's gotten even less steam than he had before turning heel, so I don't know why the hell you would bring that up.

And I don't know you're telling me what they COULD do with him, I know what they could and should do with him but I was talking about how badly booked he had been until you came in with your usual elitist bullshit.