Ventura Promotions 98 | TEW 2020 Diary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Spider Matthau

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb

LxCbU5XVBNbkF9-fo3mv7R2FycbTUPg_dzRdYtgPad2C5YoCOgPCU_I7XxK4HB-DI8M_Y0i67c_mfGdQiecoj27BqX7696YWNOmODUSlTP3peav35hTnLyXMZlWnz3BJH3bu1HAjnsoFQL6Kp7GmPtM

Remember 1998?

Pro wrestling grabbed the younger generation in a stranglehold, with crotch chops and eyebrow raising a common sight on the playground.

Jesse Ventura finished his term as mayor of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 3 years ago, and considered running for governor of the entire state.

But ultimately he decided against it. Who can blame him? Wrestling is hotter than it’s ever been, yet money was being left on the table. Ventura saw the hole promoters like Jim Cornette and Dusty Rhodes tried filling with their call for tradition, but The Body had his own idea of what that should mean.

FCW_alt3.jpg
WMCTV5.png

Ventura Promotions (VP) was founded, and the first power move came when he acquired the rights and titles of Florida Championship Wrestling and a late-night TV slot on WMC-TV 5 Memphis. Highly Pro Wrestling, the channel will air episodes every Tuesday and WMC-TV expects a 36 or higher score. The contract is good for 2 months, 3 weeks, and 30% revenue generated goes to VP. The broadcaster has exclusive rights in all regions they cover. VP has retained the rights to show footage on their own broadcasting platforms.

33 Companies are active.

VP enters the fold #16 in The United States, #29 in The World (Out of 33).

VPUSA.png
VPWorld.png

OOC Note:

The scenario is from the Hart of War mod. Any historical booboo is on them. I won't tamper with stats, but I may alter other things here and there for my personal engagement. I'll mention when I do, like Dave Heath aka Gangrel wasn't a vampire until he signed with WWF but he's gonna be one in VP. I'm going to share bits of the mod world I find interesting off and on but probably nothing like stable members or wrestling style changes.

As “The Body”, most talent I scooped up came from the South East. I looked for wrestlers with 50 Toughness and 50 Stamina to give the program a specific personality. A few surprising names like Madusa and Sabu accepted a contract, but the manager Slick wouldn’t because the company is Tiny.

I started on Hard with $250,000.

The Production Room

VPProduct.png

1MonthProduction.png

1MonthRivalry.png

Merch Last I Checked:

ABACKSTAGEGROWING.png

No true cash cows designated yet.

VPCurrentSettings.png

The Locker Room

Active Wrestlers: 17 Faces, 15 Heels.

40 Workers to start, asterisk indicates a non-wrestling role.

Major StarAgeAlignmentGimmickKnown AliasBackstage
B. Brian Blair41FaceNo Gimmick Needed (Great)The Killer Bee+ Mildly +
Bobby Knight33HeelPowerhouse (V Good)Moe- Mildly -
*Boni Blackstone32FaceSportscaster (Great)+ Extremely +
Candi Devine39HeelBitter Legend (Adequate)+ Mildly +
*Ernie Ladd59HeelShit Kicking Manager (Great)+ Mildly +
Hercules41FaceBrawler (Great)Hercules Hernandez+ Mildly +
*Jesse Ventura46FaceUnique Charisma (V Good)None
Koko B. Ware40FaceFun Babyface (Awful)- Mildly -
Leilani Kai38HeelMortal Enemy (V Good)+ Extremely +
Linda Dallas39HeelSleaze (Adequate)+ Mildly +
Madusa34FacePatriot (Poor)Alundra Blayze- Mildly -
Mike Davis41HeelFabulous Heel (Great)The Dream in Sullivan's Army+ Mildly +
Nelson Knight30HeelTough Guy (Poor)Mabel, Viscera, Daddy V+ Mildly +
Penelope Paradise31HeelEgomaniac (Adequate)+ Mildly +
Sabu33FaceNext Generation (Great)+ Mildly +
*Sherri Martel39HeelFlamboyant Interviewer (Great)Sensational Sherri+ Extremely +
Sinn36HeelBitter (Adequate)Chris Champion+ Mildly +
Steve Armstrong32FaceOld School Face (Poor)+ Extremely +
The Warlord35HeelMonster (V Good)+ Mildly +
Tony Anthony37HeelConspiracy Man (Adequate)TL Hooper, Dirty White Boy+ Mildly +
Tracy Smothers35FaceBlue Collar (Great)+ Mildly +
Typhoon41FaceBad Ass (Awful)Tugboat, Shockmaster+ Mildly +
Vampire Warrior28HeelVampire (Adequate)Gangrel- Mildly -
StarsAgeAlignmentGimmickKnown AliasBackstage
Denise Storm32FaceAmazonian (Great)+ Mildly +
Judy Martin40HeelPrude (Adequate)+Mildly +
*Kim Anthony32HeelBabe (Poor)Dirty White Girl+Mildly +
Night Train Jackson37FaceNostalgia ActGary Jackson+ Mildly +
Tim Storm32HeelBiker (Adequate)+ Extremely+
Tom Davis33HeelDevine FollowerTom Burton, Beef Burton+Positive+
Vampire Warrior28HeelVampire (Adequate)Gangrel-Mildly-
Well-KnownAgeAlignmentGimmickKnown AliasBackstage
Abyss24HeelMasked Enforcer (Great)Prince Justice+ Mildly +
Blitzkrieg26FaceGerman Luchador (V Good)+ Mildly +
Jamie Noble21HeelRedneck (Adequate)James Gibson, Jamie-San+ Mildly +
RecognizableAgeAlignmentGimmickKnown AliasBackstage
*Dave Brown52FaceInterviewer (Awful)+ Positive +
*Ref Jerry Calhoun48N/AReferee (N/A)+ Mildly +
*Ref Frankie Reyes45N/AReferee (N/A)+ Mildly +
Shannon Moore18FaceWeirdo (Great)+Mildly+
Sindy Paradise31FaceUnderstudy (V Good)+ Positive +
UnimportantAgeAlignmentGimmickKnown AliasBackstage
Chase Stevens19FaceSurfer Dude (Great)+ Mildly +
Jazz24FaceFearless (V Good)+ Mildly +
Malia Hosaka28FaceDiplomatic Foreigner (Poor)None

I’ll update the roster when they lose or gain a level.

100% Backstage Rating to start.

(+) The backstage rules are having a positive effect on morale. No drugs or smoking / Yes hotels and transportation are organized.

RELATIONSHIPS.png

FCW has championships I will reinstate but I'm holding off and building talent up first. I also don't want to give a guy like Sabu my World cold just for WCW or somebody to grab him early in my scenario.

Jesse Ventura.jpg

Ventura
That doesn't cut the beef, jack.

Attachments

• FCW_alt3.jpg
    FCW_alt3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
  • VPProductionQuality.png
    VPProductionQuality.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2023-10-01 174017.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 174017.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Spider Matthau

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
wAoZ4V4YHg9KJDkN9eCZzainZ1JCjpfpffmgXMFcqBbbNBtduMpH8_WUS26P3qwyLc2Np04WTJVqDBfXKV5HrWzT5tttip3WK3wLkWYyK683e3Cx7Nwm1Lm0M4bF68jwrYo1uvRt60tSeIVNCOLP9Bg

VP Creative
Backstage1.png

Backstage3.png

Backstage4.png

Backstage5.png

Backstage6.png

Backstage7.png

Not interested in keeping up with who isn't hot or whatever decent wrestler I can use as long as I pay for their weekly plane ticket.

VP Features

Feature #1: Weapons Rule
In regular matches, an opponent may use foreign objects under one condition: the item must be stationary. That means they cannot pick it up to batter their competition. They are allowed to slam or attack an opponent who is prone against said weapon. An outside source like a manager may place an object inside the ring for the intended client to use, but they cannot assault the opposition with it. Once the object is there it is considered part of the scenery, like a golf hazard.

Feature #2: Classic Iron Cage Matches
No chainlink fences here.

Feature #3: Women’s Wrestling
Hey, it was a primitive time for the division just about everywhere.

Feature #4: TV Tron
Royal Rumble 1994 had a large titantron-like display with multiple TV screens. You may remember it was used as part of The Undertaker’s “ascended to heaven” segment. VP has something a lot smaller as its source of backstage footage when the need arises.

VP Awards

#1: The Tiger Crown
All champions including the winners of The Best of US are eligible to enter a tournament in December to, well, crown The Tiger of VP.

#2: The Best of US Award
The tag team division’s top prize is won in September in an event that will promote 2 teams in a Cage Match.

OOC: I am not a fan of writing tag feuds so this will give me some room to check out team chemistry and the like and maybe build something up organically.

VP Stables & Tag Teams

MonsterFac.jpg

Ladd’s Monster Factory
Ernie Ladd
The Warlord
Vampire Warrior
Abyss

The Southern Boys
Steve Armstrong
Tracy Smothers

The Harlem Knights
Nelson Knight
Bobby Knight

The Dirty Davis Brothers
Mike Davis
Tom Davis

VP Contracts

0iLnQ7w16b_bqU7H-Pwmag0lT2eT8tBiRyYNVpbjj79uGdq4w0UUTNSFNtMY3O67NNwzinFKzy1izfijU4QZzJGcm7nWpg-rE6erypt-QOoM3NbysKJcpvzemZGlTC0R40o577Ye2dHQT-Qegw5bXx4

All contracts are Ongoing.

I wanted to stick with workers whose asking price was $1,000 or below. So no Wendi Richter or Brutus Beefcake at least in the beginning. They also had some negative backstage flair attached to them and I gravitate away from that usually.

These workers will be paid more because they’re not local to the Florida region and I have yet to convince them it's a nice place to live:

*Harlem Knights
*Denise Storm
*Jazz
*Judy Martin
*Madusa
*Mike Davis
*Penelope Paradise
*Sabu
*Shannon Moore
*Sindy Paradise
*Tracy Smothers

3CpW4202ePrcoJTtglPsnoFlHok_OXGA13EDq5r7XS-M29-i06XomkTiQ3Z4sQ8QdcRMTXurT8URWLq7nA-VJyxtb4A4f0DVcop0sSmq3XUrJI8u1q68YJojAuEOdGI0X4nYYVQz6aWC_xseeLGIZ5A

Alliances In Game
(Rankings World Stage)

National Wrestling Alliance
NWA: Florida (#30)
NWA: New Jersey (#21)
NWA: UK Hammerlock (#20)
Ohio Valley Wrestling (#18)

Commision de Box y Lucha Libre Mexico
Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion (#9)
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (#4)
Grupo Internacional Revolucion (#22)

World Wrestling Council
World Wrestling Council (#28)

VP will not join any alliance at the start.

Next post will be the show, aiming for Sunday.

Attachments

• CREATIVE1.png
    CREATIVE1.png
    733.3 KB · Views: 25
  • CREATIVE2.png
    CREATIVE2.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 32
  • CREATIVE3.png
    CREATIVE3.png
    702.1 KB · Views: 36
  • CREATIVE4.png
    CREATIVE4.png
    688.5 KB · Views: 34
  • CREATIVE5.png
    CREATIVE5.png
    793.3 KB · Views: 38
  • CREATIVE6.png
    CREATIVE6.png
    753.7 KB · Views: 35
  • CREATIVEHOT1.png
    CREATIVEHOT1.png
    671.4 KB · Views: 27
  • CREATIVE1.png
    CREATIVE1.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 23
  • HOT1.png
    HOT1.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Spider Matthau

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
FCW TV Tuesdays #01

No national competition for late night timeslot.

OvaBeQU9KWc6xwkAridHuPpP4I30JNKwi3IVkziw-9B5t4l84EXg2VgbLGpm8CCBVS14Jg5aNBpmf6P32e8AJ5VMtWE9d3k2-q66jwdgAs1FO9QpH_goUck2r_IKAKffo0IF-x5mw2Huf7wbbdMcF_c

@ The Tiger’s Den (106/200 Capacity)
1,668 Viewers

In The Ring
Jesse Ventura stands in the center of the ring, an unlit cigar between his fingers. He hypes his show as the place for hosses and every other hard-hitting grappler who wants to prove his metal in his ring. He introduces his broadcast team (Boni Blackstone and Dave Brown) and lights his cigar, which gets a pop from the crowd. He takes a drag and lets the fans know VP will cater to the fans who have stuck around with a company like Championship Wrestling from Florida since the mid 80s, while welcoming the new breed of wrestling taking over the landscape. Before he left, he told everybody listening how he is keeping a sharp eye on talent to see who is ready for gold. He points out the Main Event to be exact - Sabu vs. Vampire Warrior.

Typhoon vs. Mike Davis w/Tom Davis

Mayhem Rules
TVM1.png

A lot closer match than you’d expect on paper. Typhoon struggles early with his Bad Ass gimmick, which is met poorly by the crowd. The Dirty Davis Brothers work outside the ring well, keeping Typhoon from doing much offensively around the ring aprons. After 13 minutes of a burn featuring steel steps and chair usage Typhoon secures the win by planting Mike in the center of the ring, running the ropes (which knocks Tom off the apron), and executing the Running Splash on Mike. It got the crowd buzzing.

Post-Match Encounter

As Typhoon celebrates, The Monster Factory (Warlord, Vampire Warrior, and Abyss) jump him. Ernie Ladd arrives at the ring later, barking orders to Warlord who scoops Typhoon up in a show of strength and Bearhug Slams him.

Interview From Women’s Division

Sherri Martel is with Judy Martin who wants to team with Leilani Kai. She says it's been too long since The Glamour Girls ruled women's wrestling, and she noticed Leilani sporting the signature blonde 'do so Judy knows she misses it. Ventura Promotions can be a tropical paradise for both of them. She'll be at ringside for Leilani's match up next.

Leilani Kai vs. Malia Hosaka

Technical Masterclass
iIavg4982w_gL8Drpxf5n9LNGhvkVsPkAQ-p1BRfLpn7TSApizHgNQ8hDPs7tLfA3XI9jtJLgecnBSZ6sU0Y0Z9OXUJPxksb9J1cCd8F9oVbs41glvfJnccWGWwgGkDDIGq7EvB-zPE9xKy3YgaluGo

The technical style of wrestling isn't good enough for the short amount of time they had, but it is clear to viewers they have chemistry as opponents. Leilani never stopped being in the driver's seat, grounding Malia with a series of gutwrench suplexes and hip tosses. A long one-sided match that cements Hosaka as a jobber. Even with Leilani needing no help, Judy Martin distracts Malia in 13:30.

Post-Match Encounter

Judy Martin coaxes Leilani Kai into allowing her to raise her hand, but she is reluctant to get closer to Judy. She realizes it and argues with her former partner. Referee comes between them before things get physical.

At The Broadcast Booth

Koko B. Ware comes out to the announce table with friend Denise Storm. He has what looks like a shoebox, and he shows Blackstone and Brown the contents: a parrot plushie with its head ripped off. He wants to know who did it, and if they really want to ruffle the feathers of The Birdman. The crowd turns on him, because it's '98 and sympathy is just a word between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

Blitzkrieg & Shannon Moore vs. The Harlem Knights

Tag Team Match
7UUBKwjlrGbVc5bqs2F7uBiJZLbNku_AKdAuBOegtNtBlKqnhYhNfe_z2A7lTGCnOdK7yfKaOoAb1mC2EoXakO-ftCzJGwtIklJ8ZRa_CHazsIIANbrVtdL2dzyYk_bNUVaAS8lJeE8K4r2gHJ3z1SU

The match did not reach the 10-minute marker. The high-flying pair could not connect as a team and so were upstaged by the 2 beefy boys from New York City. Mabel gets the most offense in as well as the butt-pin on Shannon Moore.

TV Tron: Outside Vignette

Hercules sits on a lounge chair on a beach. He gets fed up with enjoying himself apparently and dismantles the chair, throwing it into the ocean. He's not here to take it easy, he wants to bring the pain. He'll be at the FCW show next week. Crowd digs it.

Interview From Men’s Division

Sherri Martel has Sabu and asks him his thoughts on facing Vampire Warrior given what happened after the first match with Typhoon's beatdown. Before he can reply, Jesse Ventura steps in. He is still puffing at a cigar. Ventura knows Sabu is a next generation wrestler, capable of death-defying stunts. It may not be Classic Florida's cup of tea, but he has a good feeling about the style. Jesse Ventura gives Sabu his blessing to get hardcore in the Main Event but reminds him to stay vigilant. Typhoon was twice his size.

TV Tron: Locker Room

A quick peek at Madusa helping Sindy Paradise focus on her match against her sister (kayfabe) up next after commercial break.

Penelope Paradise vs. Sindy Paradise w/Madusa

Singles Match
fAvdXBbs0nMeIzFO-3U_Or960OlXOjNQDCmhA_MwaE1P8yRsTBILIPFMqiwuqPhfJNUXB_Ric7NlZhfuHlkLUeDuQYbG-m9fMmsl3pE4q_oMvV9UbMhRUn031Z85c8HSIocTb7IyVyD5CFNXz6zF9fs

Commentary sold the two being siblings. Both talents showed off an all-rounded match with more technical finesse than what was seen in the Leilani/Malia match, but dirty pool decides many a wrestling contest. Penelope uses the ropes at 10:30, leaving Sindy and Madusa with their hands on their hips.

TV Tron: Outside Vignette

Tony Anthony is with his wife Kim and Jamie Noble somewhere in the swamplands of Florida. They want The Southern Boys, who they believe are posers. Tony plays up his conspiracy gimmick and swears he saw Tracy Smothers faking an Italian accent "on that other rasslin show". The segment was badly placed on the card, but the heat is there for The Southern Boys to answer next week.

Pre-Match Encounter

The Monster Factory announce they've arrived to the Main Event by throwing Tim Storm out onto the stage. They get a few licks in, with Abyss getting the most with a chokeslam. Referee Jerry Calhoun breaks it up and sends them all but Vampire Warrior to the back. Ernie Ladd appears late again, and is upset when he sees his clients gone.

Main Event: Sabu vs. Vampire Warrior w/ Ernie Ladd

Hardcore Match
NdV3jeab4Kt-Xmgf0BBlvou7K9iBmKHZgFH7tfvOxONgIpVd9iN6pRXZH4hEqJKQapEJ7LVBOAFDCPWf6VDmCDdTJG6yttIh9WQo4lkZA5hxi_oiw12B6cjwBa2Gwl6zIU_TFpsi4MSfeLEtIx31v_Q

The alternative crowd ate this one up. Over 7 and a half minutes of chair medley to start. Vampire Warrior strikes first, getting handed chair after chair by Ernie Ladd to cut Sabu's legs from under him. A small pile amassed in the center of the ring, forcing the two to take their combat outside into the stands while an extra referee came out to assist Jerry Calhoun on clean up. Sabu borrows a fan's beer bottle and smashes it over the vampire's head to get blood the hard way. Warrior goes berserk, throwing Sabu down the bleachers and leaving a nasty bruise across the extreme superstar's back. Warrior is also given a biker chain from The Monster Factory manager, with Ladd telling him to end this trashcan circus right now. He didn't, Sabu dodged the chains and kicked him off his own legs. Sabu whips Vampire Warrior with the chains to get the audience rallying behind him. Ernie Ladd loses it at ringside, pulling the timekeeper out of his chair and ordering a restart. His plea goes unanswered. Sabu moonsaults and goes for the pin. Ladd throws a towel, confusing officials. Sabu sees what the manager is doing and goes even wilder, picking the chain back up and way-laying the bloodied vampire. The referee calls for the bell because Sabu's opponent shows he is incapable of defending himself. After a wee bit of talk from all officials present victory is awarded to Sabu. Ernie Ladd grabs what is left of Vampire Warrior and leads him out by the back of his neck at 15:30.

FCW TV #01 Rating: 52

+ Popularity in South East

Booker Notes: Jesse Ventra and Ernie Ladd stood out as stars. Leilani Kai and Malia Hosaka had pretty good chemistry. Blitzkrieg & Shannon Moore as a team did not work well. Madusa and Sindy Paradise had bad management chemistry.

Author Notes: All shows will be kept sorta shorthand like this. Gives me peace of mind.

I also turned off booking times for this episode because I didn’t modify how long I really wanted the show (it runs 99 minutes). Always something to miss when you play this game.

EDIT: After checking gimmick fan interest, I've learned Shannon Moore's popularity has gone up from Unimportant to Recognizable.

Backstage Pre-Show

JGCw5lwWz7vcFDRK6q3ORfcHrj7oK26rMPCxH6_nCD5wIdH069cthhCwUOdZL9tz5RvPt62VnlSdXhNp3Ar2F_LwSIm0144OENFfTxYNw0buyqBtWJ6b8HIF0Cj0YKvtvK3AERrBliLX5iUlqASwfzU

I'm glad I have this guy. Really caught my interest in the early Corgan days of NWA.

Attachments

• FCW_alt3.jpg
    FCW_alt3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Spider Matthau

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb

FCW TV Tuesdays #02

6vi02zbeYnFRTihmsdz_PjLJdbwxNSeZHf_2HeZl4yGUrDbLST-T_NbLqwivhEv_Nfbgmdgp6Ejc8r3jg6bFuyRcT_u7XdgiJPc5aYilDaZezyQa1fpjH6C78Tpjlk97GBCRLSXxeUQbhXJyWuYaXkI

@ The Tiger’s Den (102/200 Capacity)
1,652 Viewers

Tony Anthony & Jamie Noble vs. The Southern Boys
Mayhem Tag Team Match
efnyaSBiTIYcQzV1h1q1Y4qYt7gDSKVvewfNVuPRxFRd6ReaeG7r3JRnsy5XiHVfEQAv5ET0gECDCSfG9rAvhz_i1-gbLah1dexcWnZEgI--GrvUw3PA6UnTfZiGuR56oVYkxz6ZG0pATArB-kiFu2M

Whether it was intentional or not is a mystery meant for the most hardcore of fans, but the second episode starts amidst a wrestling match. TV gets weird sometimes. Tony Anthony and Jamie Noble challenged The Southern Boys last week, pegging them as phonies. Their method of proving so got bloody, giving both Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong matching color. The Southern Boys won’t use weapons, sticking to mat wrestling. Half the crowd appreciates it. Match ends in a draw due to neither legal man (Noble & Smothers) responding to the referee’s standing 10 Count at 15:05.

Post-Match Encounter
As The Southern Boys collect themselves, they are attacked from behind by The Dirty Davis Brothers Tom and Mike. They are accompanied by Candi Devine, Tom Davis’s girlfriend (TEW game says wife but my sources confirm this is a lie). She says they will not be bottom feeders because the more traveled like Typhoon, Blair, and Madusa are in Florida now. Commentary points out Tom Davis will compete later tonight against the workhorse B. Brian Blair. Candi and Madusa will as well, but in separate matches.

Sherri Martel is with Ernie Ladd and The Warlord. Ladd is asked about Vampire Warrior, and he tells the fans the bloodsucker has the night off “to feed”. He came into his match with Sabu famished last week, and Ladd thought it would make him tougher, but it didn’t. The reverse is true in Warrior’s “religion”. Next time Sabu and anyone brave enough to fight him won’t get so lucky. Ladd focuses instead on Warlord and his opponent in The Main Event. He believed it would be Typhoon, the man he attacked in last week’s opener. Tim Storm enters the fray in a black duster jacket and hat to tell them it’s not Typhoon Warlord has to contend with, but Big Tim himself. The Monster Factory had their fun on the debut show but it’s time to get to real men and women’s wrestling. He’s going to shut the circus down before it gets any crazier. Warlord and Tim Storm get in each other’s faces, forcing Sherri to scream for Security.

Candi Devine vs. Jazz

Singles Match
8gzODUGJ2CU1PY0v9M-Nfcc-zNT_WIAKw547Dh_T76SjoCYBb8JDqLyySnbx7fB6NKR65Oygk4L4rymoFMjZnEkxgjHlDEYW89pBBeZaja4-Tn4TwQo1B8H97uYVevK65g6QFquacYy5P9c-m8uYSjo

Candi Devine dominates the unknown at 10:44, making her tap out to a Camel Clutch. While it was one-sided for roughly 8 minutes of the 10, Jazz showed grace under pressure because even though Candi was the dirty player, she had a regional crowd on her side throughout.

Pre-Match Encounter

Hercules enters the parking lot with commentary telling viewers he has a scheduled match against Abyss. It doesn’t happen. Instead, Abyss jumps him without The Monster Factory’s help. The decision was costly. Hercules puts his head through a Plymouth's passenger window.

Sherri Martel is with Denise Storm and Koko B. Ware in tow. He’s still flustered over the plush parrot last week, but he’s here to promote his friend, who he believes has what it takes to win the gold Ventura promised her division. Leilani Kai steps in, but before she gets a word in edgewise Judy Martin is there shrieking in her face how they could have ruled the division together, but now she will have to teach Kai a lesson. They grapple, but Denise separates them. The Glamor Girls are outraged at her audacity, and take her out together. Koko tries to step in but Sherri tells him not to. This is women’s work. Crowd laughs and Koko is deflated, muttering how he can’t do shit. Yes, shit. Birdman dropped a no no word.

B. Brian Blair vs. Tom Davis w/Mike Davis

Technical Masterclass
JVD91uw33rSAq2qbDPN5HVL1B7ez3-83w-Kgj2l_QBshISc3XVUhOLnOhJv_S2qHA0D5P4tqyGsg0mnxClzi2H5ef3aJUejYxGKYLzInZeaBZnyzUWwYva5C2OmX3-_wS1ttmmryScRhseB10cWoAyc

“The Killer Bee” Brian Blair gets a hero’s welcome in Florida, and takes Dirty Tom Davis to his limits in a well-paced contest of counterholds. While quite good (game boasts exceptional), there was a feeling from the crowd that the match was poorly placed due to how rowdy the fans were getting with all the excitement. Blair pins Davis in 14:53 without much help from his brother, causing an argument post-match.

At Ringside

Brian Blair is sitting on the ring apron toweling himself off when a wrestler dressed like a militant Marilyn Manson made a beeline (pun intended) towards him. He introduces himself as Sinn, The Voice of Vice*. He’s cordial to Blair, asking permission to face him in a match of Sinn’s choosing. Brian is perplexed, but nods. Sinn asks Blair to shake his hand. Blair is worried he’ll get sick if he does, because Sinn looks like this:

f-J2txMHXnFR3j2cm0EYDK7S_5Ijh-ALslV8RHXtGkoJVs2556GPAXn-8PU1K1NQPopxzjWfpNdxUJfdV6Ksly0b143aUEa6vE_EMSa9QGZtORx7GyoxsEmxIwTb17Zd9eG425DAo1pNkFr769RUV9E

Sinn understands and looks forward to challenging Blair soon. Questions abound.

TV Tron: Locker Room

It may be the Women’s Locker Room, but Jesse Ventura is a special case. He talks with the bench-seated Madusa, Nasty Linda Dallas, The Paradise Sisters, and The Separated Glamour Girls to give them all an update on The Women’s Championship picture. Next week is the 3rd episode, and he wants to commemorate it with a 6-Woman Trios Match. It will be Judy Martin, Penelope Paradise, and Candi Devine vs. Leilani Kai, Sindy, and Madusa if Madusa is able to beat Nasty Linda Dallas next. If not Denise Storm is in. Ventura will be watching closely to determine who he feels is ready to wear gold. Ventura leaves, and Nasty Linda tells Madusa she appreciates what she’s done with women’s wrestling but she doesn’t have the juice anymore and should go back to being a novelty who fought washed up men.

Madusa w/ Malia Hosaka vs. Nasty Linda Dallas

Singles Match
_qVg2Pp_fIOA6khGo5VAUKpKM6xGnkOVzTgAYAn1gOjYjcEAigM6ySSy0yXQ_AAxnXkkDVyNBatd7aHvuyyS4bhXm_161-3XBeGthVfOxepdsRkyG1-OZWwznQzgldcVRLyjjYhRb9c_yTqI-Xaz6zs

Malia is in Madusa's corner as part of her ongoing diplomatic foreigner face gimmick, to learn from a woman who screams America. Madusa beat the piss out of Linda Dallas at the start, giving the first instance of blood in a women’s contest in VP. Ain’t even hardcore stips. Nasty Linda was formidable, fighting through it with criminally underrated technical skill, applying Octopus Stretches (which she’s done since ‘84) and class usage of the Irish Whip. But Madusa prevails in a hard one with a come-from-behind pin in 11:12.

TV Tron: Vignette

Chase Stevens is partying at a beach bonfire when The Harlem Knights intrude. They have hated being in Florida for the most part - they expected Scarface but so far they’ve been given Day of the Dead. Nothing but zombie hicks. Chase attempts to be friendly, inviting them to his party. They take it in their own hands by throwing partygoers’ belongings into the fire. Chase tries to stop them, but Harlem Knights make an example of him by Military Pressing him into the ocean though the sticklers would just call it the shoreline.

At Commentary

Ernie Ladd says he is tired of the sneak attacks on his talent, the unprovoked mannerisms of Tim Storm, and the unfair way officials have treated The Monster Factory in general. He has decided the referee can't get rid of him if he's parked at the table instead of at ringside with Warlord. He is smarter than the average manager. But make no mistake - he promises Boni Blackstone and Dave Brown he will complain the entire time.

Main Event: Tim Storm vs. The Warlord

Wild Brawl
Dt2yf-RKFiqcdO2JgfBYKsnFP9n-7O1ho4vp1FEPeOir5BfH6hLRdoQdxN1fzFZGyViD3sADjNjW2cDiVSJq2i2bf41SruHvtjEeiTsHzx-Du_XYGUsNa_9CN_ip5XO9a0E99VQ-hFefruIYEt1us-U

They come out of the gate swinging, Storm getting the upper hand early by throwing hands into Warlord backed into a turnbuckle and Tim dumps him out for the hell of it. Storm takes him around the ring, letting the front row see his ugly mug a bit. Warlord overpowers him in his bravado, launching Storm into the iron barricade. Abyss comes out in a daze. Warlord barks orders to him, but to no avail. Typhoon attacks Abyss from behind from the entrance area. Ernie Ladd is out of his seat from the broadcast booth, hollering for Abyss to pull himself together. He does, and together Warlord and Abyss make short work of Typhoon and Tim Storm before getting Big Tim back in the ring. Warlord Bearhug Slams him, pins him, and gets a 2. Hercules finally gets to the ring and Herc and Abyss go blow to blow from the outside, but then who shows up but Sabu from the crowd. He swings a chair around, becoming a danger to everyone. It's thrown....and it lands in the ring. Tim Storm grabs Warlord for a Sidewalk Slam onto the chair. Warlord is pinned but to no avail. Abyss left Herc looking worse for wear and goes after Sabu. Typhoon is up and slides into the ring. Warlord puts him on the ground with a Bearhug Slam again, mirroring last week. Warlord then lifts Storm off of his feet and Powerslams him for the pin. Would you believe me if I said this was all done in 9:46?

Post-Match Encounter
Jesse Ventura has had enough. He barks orders for them all to separate, drawing some boos. He tells the crowd he will give them blood but it will be on his terms. He’s announced the women’s division will have a 6-Woman Tag Match, and won’t retread it with another. What he will do is promote a tournament of sorts pitting adversary against adversary until only two competitors remain. Those two will fight for the Men’s World Championship. The first step to gold begins next week: Typhoon vs. The “Blooded” Vampire Warrior, and to prevent any interruption by either party the fight will take place in a Steel Cage.

FCW TV #02 Rating:

+ Popularity in South East​

*Sinn (Chris Champion)'s Entertainment Skills suck so I'm taking liberty with his character and using his Sex Appeal. I'd argue it works.

Booker Notes: Malia Hosaka has excellent chemistry with Madusa as manager.

EDIT: Candi Devine was demoted to Star. She's no longer in the Top 5 Franchise Players in Creative, The Warlord is.

Pre-Backstage

Backstage2.png

Evil bastards. I've decided to increase my Broadcast Quality to Hired Pro. It was giving me the icky red font and my reptilian brain says kill it.

Random Events

Backstage3.png

I must stay vigilant. Even though she'd add a lot to my division, bumping up Production is already going to cost me dearly.

Backstage4.png

Always unfortunate to hear news like this, but at least it happened in our reality. And heck, not like any of these divorces would have crazy ramifications, right?

Random1.png

Last edited:

Spider Matthau

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
FCW TV Tuesdays #03

URULU4s3DomyJahwJZmdJx0YBGwBHq9LPBzi5LMQ5p5-l0YR-SavO5AWoVN3Yi_aLiLcx2h-PWn8DYxojWB9eBsKP8ek0wfP2nkF2gonHiwXvkiGRYWBC0u5dWRFw1MzcVR6N4Zng9o-3ZBUuW_YCT0

@ The Tiger’s Den (102/200 Capacity)
1,533 Viewers

In The Ring
Show opens on Sabu already in the ring with the steel chair from last week. He sets it up and takes a seat. He is about to speak when he’s interrupted by The Monster Factory’s theme music. It’s Abyss and The Warlord circling the ring. Sabu is up with the chair in hand. Vampire Warrior comes out with Ernie Ladd, who shouts at his men to “take that trash artist out!” They all slide in, Sabu with the offense, delivering back headshots. It keeps them down except Vampire Warrior, who commentary reminds viewers has “been blooded”. Vampire with an Impaler DDT. All Monster Factory are back up as Ernie orders them to break his legs. Tim Storm comes out with a baseball bat in each hand. Knocks Warlord down. Knocks Abyss down. Vampire Warrior escapes the whirlwind of wood. Ernie Ladd pulls him close, telling him to pay it all back in The Steel Cage coming up.

Madusa, Leilani Kai, & Sindy vs. Candi Devine, Judy Martin, & Penelope Paradise

6-Woman Storytelling Tag Match
jtjm6iefJExw08Up9OtHRe8bwXjqw08nNKnl7DcQdUUMWSRkOMufaQkmqB-mGcuJciWXswiW5fvdGrDiZLIQUmsZ-b7nBFgVenhsNiixPr2xs0cq0RXIcMR8BUJrzOwh4Gin_m8oHPDC_js3ZxYswB8

The Dirty Davis Brothers are at ringside on behalf of Candi Devine. This isn’t the high-energy brawl fans in attendance expect; the actual fight was another display of technique the girls didn’t really show in America at the time. It was one of storytelling, and that story catches Madusa in the face. Once Madusa tags her partner Leilani, Leilani turns around and clobbers her. Kai tags Sindy in by grabbing her and pulling her over the top rope into the ring. Judy Martin is the legal woman from the other side, taking advantage of the confusion with a schoolgirl pin at 9:58.

Post-Match Encounter

Amidst the chaos the betrayal causes, The Wild-Eyed Southern Boys sneak up on The Dirty Davis Brothers. They get some revenge from last week by putting the boys in the ring and embarrassing them with stereo Texas Cloverleafs..leaves..

Sherri Martel with Chase Stevens & Shannon Moore as they say they’ll teach The Harlem Knights a lesson in humility after how they treated Chase on the beach.

Chase Stevens & Shannon Moore vs. The Harlem Knights
Tag Team Match
coQuOivY818nLBX0twyIryhiLUFX530tAjC4vjmDq43CgHdq6Lo1Wv_onREB4zv4Wt1CJzqXm8Dt_2aZcR0jxGvgpxr3HK0Ilx_Rry51qzWqJdZeD6VaZK7EEMpTt7qFB3xKTOvRQBkV3w602O9t5XQ

Another big men pummeling little men, but with more fight than Shannon had with Blitzkrieg. Nelson puts Shannon down with another booty pin at 13:56. That makes The Harlem Knights the most successful team so far for The Best of US later in the year.

TV Tron: Vignette

The TV Tron goes static, followed by tracking footage. Actual tracking, because it’s a trainyard. Night Train Jackson wants The Harlem Knights to know he’s coming for them. He watched their progression ever since USWA and he won’t let their urban influence corrupt this beautiful state. He whips out a harmonica and plays The Funeral March terribly.

At Commentary

Nasty Linda Dallas comes out to tell Denise Storm to dump Koko because he’s barely a man. Going on about ripped dolls or whatever. Team up with her if Denise wants a future in this business. She’ll show her and the rest of the division who should lead as The Women’s World Champion.

Denise Storm w/ Koko B. Ware vs. Nasty Linda Dallas

Singles Match
74GW3RjREYnHj1jbaOBAopUKPXaoAQL5E8eMCJfDafIFoFd58msiEbEdbjet1oLtpFZCkKpwj2zgQ6rsFLQsHgehh4OmbmmnEjLoOJS2K03SNoDtBONR5eoweEicQslXVZ3-68a8p-NJqSI--NQSeLA

Nasty Linda was in control for most of this match, but Denise Storm is warming up as a top babyface and had a heroine comeback with a barrage of strikes and more youthful athleticism. She scores the upset at 11:15.

TV Tron: Men’s Locker Room

B. Brian Blair is lacing up his boots when Sinn walks in with Referee Frankie Reyes. Sinn reminds him of the match he agreed to. Blair remembers and tells him he’ll have to wait next week because he has a match with Tony Anthony coming up. Sinn tsks and says that’s incorrect. Blair is too special for the ring. He’s a leader, a guy one would argue should go into politics…and Sinn admires that power. Blair is uneasy. Sinn brings up the “match of Sinn’s choosing” and that choice is Falls Count Anywhere. Sinn takes his hat off, where the brass knuckles is hiding. He suckerpunches Blair and immediately covers him for a 3. More questions abound.

Sherri Martel talks to an irate Madusa. She doesn’t care who Ventura chooses as The Women’s World champion, as long as she gets Leilani Kai for her next match. She doesn’t understand Kai’s motive, but she understands a line in the sand has been drawn and she can’t work with the snake who caused it.

Blitzkrieg vs. Jamie Noble

High Spots
XFVeRlsJBIhPlfJWVkRVElVALuU_6M8hDVjSVFuxDP4nlXGC2NM_PoA_L2pbzg4KonOJUR5yFEJq0k3Koe7wqx-Tfa16CY5zoqnSF8pUtYSHkn4qi3CiDUVtGRdywhAUg03bAqBsZqN9l3iIgnE3kIM

A match that happens "to fill time" entertains with dazzling moves as their high flying style gets some love from the crowd. The ending does fall short though as Jamie Noble pins Blitzkrieg at 11:31, using the ropes for leverage.

At Commentary

While staff go to work constructing the steel cage for the main event, Jesse Ventura is out near the broadcast booth. He has made a decision on the Women’s World title next week, so remember to tune in on Tuesday for it. But right now he wants to take the time to reach out to one of his employees. He seeks out Koko. Koko B. Ware returns to the stage, curious and still a bit upset with recent happenings. Venture understands it hasn’t been easy for him, but it’s time to toughen the hell up. A broken toy is what children cry about. He also points out Nasty Linda’s demasculating remarks. But Jesse Ventura is here to help. Koko needs to wrestle. Maybe if Koko’s grit was tested he can regain his confidence. He will compete in the opening match next week. His first opponent? The Monster Factory’s Abyss.

At Ringside

Cameras are quick to catch Hercules Hernandez settling in with fans in the stands. He’s here to catch The Steel Cage Match, which commentary reminds viewers will be fought under regular pin and submission rules because the point of the cage is to keep them inside and the rest out.

Main Event: Typhoon vs. Vampire Warrior

Steel Cage Match
e1EHl2NAS6ofy4_ktNQJvye7THSMAO1uS27kUbUtb5RfreIQgYbiUZbP9SAksQfZs0b_hWsJVDXR64wG10Q2PTfP9q0dje36yHGiWk4n_lkHiXV7ctPnUMisWTkPUaYKC_ePRC6dSDcYWWbFT9ItGAw

The blue iron-barred cage lowers, and so does my grade. The game says it had great heat and great wrestling, but the score randomizer disagreed and I like sticking with the score for narrative. This was shit, but hey it was on commercial TV. Typhoon climbs the cage to deliver an elevated Elbow Drop, and he felt the sting on it and never recovered. A tiring brawl that was thankfully cut short at 9:45 when Ernie Ladd produces the same biker chain that was used on Vampire in the debut episode. He hands it to his client through the bars, and knocks Typhoon down for a pin and cover. The scene ends with Vampire Warrior wrapping the chain around one side of the cage and Typhoon’s neck on the other. He strangles him and Hercules watches on in horror. Ernie Ladd gleams.

FCW TV #03 Rating:

+Popularity in South East

Booker’s Note: Ernie Ladd’s performance is noted for being good and he’s getting better at his shit-kicker manager gimmick (I’ve grown partial to him). Candi Devine and Denise Storm had an off-night.

Author’s Note: The Blooded Vampire build was done so I would have better quality images of the dude instead of Satanic Eyebrows. Sometimes I just do shit and it gets my desire to write goin’. The Sinn/Blair is meant to be light stuff and I’d label it Comedy but the game penalizes for Comedy in most scenarios in a way I’d argue is unfair. But eh, this game is really a writing template for me and I shall do the worst I can.

Vampire Warrior has been promoted to Major Star. I'm editing in updates in my OP between shows when I have time to check.

Pre-Backstage

rZ0Yg403j9tM5iY2XoQ-JKBGLuF6zc4sU94COnNaltHe1o9kEnR44QHtNm9MrjCf9S03zYXBidQQEvNRFfd5aVBZ3Sv0VEqBLpKRTVuqpv7XyJgcyzhnz_7N1CBq3d3RjxxqDglAha2OVYui-aJHzYs

I’m glad we’re all on the same page now. May the Battle of South East’s Minor Leagues begin.

simesDRdlx8hduHUJyNJoBjsDn-4SDQCcDfDaMNLnzuuUeM03_u20SLRhddt1fsx1Q2A0HqFfoNaL969cRlzvhQ72c6LKlvIWdYVohyQ3DdH35kyy42vq6CywuJE6FsbWIlP35JQbAWdY5GBygZ9mAQ

Hey remember when this was the darndest thing in your life, Spidey?​

Last edited:

Spider Matthau

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Monthly Update #1

gUzGmmWiTCQ-5p4XWQ-iTjbiArHc9SMTEsA7s2esThBOyfPwS4U7g2e3cEj4mnxcZXWXI5xXsO6Vo-max4niODT9nfZ7jlaq6hFpTOFWFc_fh2m1wt0RJsqBASNsitjxy6CQKuWNVuPJIjfkBFBcBH8

Shoo that’s a lotta make believe money to lose but lose it I did.

-1GSsmDtevnARUBpO8CLW2qR1YF_pm5a3zSXzSkssaRGCxFkIhLgBWGqkMpDHmCBEtgwE3we9sL8a6JbQ9DTR-UklT5KHZSapglajKqiPqidIUHPgk-l-pwacB_W1IaAQPbiGqdGfprW-jInpQMxQA4

South East Minor League Battle

lH1uuu1-n4ZQAs8zXzPrlMjrCjsNOhCmH3D6Oq_xUOWVM2Fjz1c_dEYqBTmX05ZWqgbDZuE2h8z_tcJv70Vy1VX5mWMtByNvcEU6cfdKOgE58iFarAYh-FJPFrLJjp1A2Mg7wN2hGhgLr32LK3ljmJE

In The US, IWA Mid-South is #1 sitting at #13
NWA: Florida is #3 at #17. I'm still #16. It's about to get bloody.

The Roster and Creative Corner are updated.​

Last edited: