Velasquez V Dos Santos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Well I know it'll be a way away, but I want to get your thoughts on this fight.

People are still buzzing from the Lesnar/Cain fight, and I think a lot of people are over looking that Junior is his next, and possibly one of the top guys going for the title!

I haven't seen a LOT of his fights, but he looked DAMN impressive in his last fight, can't remember against who. Looking it up, Roy Nelson was the guy.

So what do you all think about Velasquez/dos Santos?

Highwave

Reaction score
I thought jR was going to be the one to beat brock.He has the the best hands in the heavy weight division great take down defense and a good KO percentage.On the ground he appears weak he lost by submission to Joaquim Mamute.Lately I havent seen him in trouble but if cain gets him on the ground I believe he will be pounded out.I got cain winning this one by ground and pound.Cain can take a punch so im not worried about JR's power.

Switchy

Reaction score
Velasquez 'should' win considering his skillset and as long as he uses his far superior grappling, he should pick up the win but Dos Santos is VERY dangerous on the feet. I beleive their stand up is equal in terms of technique and power and but Dos Santos' chin hasn't been tested yet, while Velasquez has shown he has a good chin from the fight with Kongo so that could be a factor but this fight could go either way on the feet but if Velasquez can get JDS down and keep him there, it should be an easy win for him.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
This fight will be interesting... You have a wrestler/grappler and a dominant and feared striker with a pretty solid ground game also... I am looking forward to this fight, JDS is very underrated imo and could very easily take Cain's title... However I do think that Velasquez will be on a mission to prove that he isn't some paper champion and just got 'lucky' in TKOing Lesnar... I am looking forward to this fight, I am predicting sometime around June for it to take place