Velasquez/Lesnar talk~

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I really legitimately have noticed this fight more that many others as of late is extremely split on who is backing who. On every forum/website/blog you see the Velasquez and Lesnar supporters about 50/50.... I think it will be a great fight, and I am seeing a knockout finish, I am NOT expecting it to be a one round affair... I think both men are very evenly matched, but I do think Cain will pull out the win.

nation

Reaction score
lmfao, all that hype, all that media, all that talk. Brock Lesnar just got butt raped. I like Lesnar but its funny to see the result after all that media and hype about him and to shut the Lesnar fanboys up. There should be no rematch, Cain is just superior to Lesnar. I didn't want him to lose but for the reasons I stated its good.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Lol Lesnar, what were you doing? At the end of the fight, that cut on his face looked like Sable's vagina.

Switchy

Reaction score
cain-lesnarfspt.gif

Veritas

Reaction score
Awesome fight, lol. We had about 20 people over and, while most people were bouncing in and out of the living room for most of the show, everyone was scrambling for a seat when the Lesnar/Velasquez fight started. I actually won a buck off one of my buddies, lol. I should've took the $100 bet when he offered but I wasn't completely sure Velasquez would be able to stop Lesnar's takedowns. Congrats to Cain.

We'll more than likely be getting Lesnar/Mir III and Cain/Dos Santos now.

...god...

Reaction score
Sigh, I can't believe he lost to this little piece of shit.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Lesner beat Mir so I'm glad that smurf was taken down by an equally gay smurf with BROWN PRIDE tattooed to his chest.

Reaction score
Why on Earth would there be a rematch? Lesnar got dominated in the fight. It wasn't like this could've gone either way. We'll get to see Lesnar now fight his way back to the top. Frankly, I still don't see Lesnar as a fully formed fighter. I think he will just have that immediate advantage over some fighters because of his size-athleticism ratio. It's freaky how fast and agile he can be, for his size. Plus his background in wrestling helps.

Cain really surprised me, in this fight. I thought he would go a few rounds in and win, but he just owned him. Good fight, and the cut afterwards looked nasty, lol.

pumpt73

Reaction score
There won't be any rematch. Junior dos Santos is next up. It's sad because it seems people have forgotten about him. Now, I picked Brock, but, Im always humble in my picks. Cain straight up took it to Brock with one of his glaring weaknesses, his standup. Yes Brock has power, but you have to have better knowledge of how to box and kickbox/muay thai. This is where Brock is lacking. He needs to get his arse to a World Class striking instructor like Mark Della Grotte, ASAP!!!

What happened was simple. Technique won out over brute strength. Plain and simple. Brock is still coming back. And he will come back with better knowledge, because you learn from losses. I think a lot of fans didn't give Cain his due with the Wrestling. While yes, Brock was a National Champion, Cain was no slouch placing twice at the Nationals himself. I thought Brock may have had the slight edge in wrestling, but like I said before, if these two met up in a straight wrestling match, who knows.

I like Cain, but Im not entirely sold on him yet. Im impressed, but Junior dos Santos is the one who scares me the most. JDS is a Jiu Jitsu Black Belt. 12-1 with 11 finishes. Thing is, 8 of his finishes come via KO/TKO. He can stand and trade. I also think JDS has fought the better overall talent. JDS is 6-0 in the UFC with TKO wins over Stefan Struve, Gilbert Yvel, Gabe Gonzaga, and Fabricio Werdum. He sumbitted Mirko CroCop, and Decisioned Roy Nelson. While yes, Cain is the current champ, it may be a pretty short run.

As for Brock, he's gonna have to fight some guys like Rothwell, Schaub, Gonzaga, Yvel, etc. And I would say at least 3 wins before another title shot. However, people can talk smack about the guy, but to attain what he attained that quickly, was fantastic. He's 5-2. In the UFC, he's defeated 3 former UFC Champions, and his only 2 losses come to a former UFC champ, and now the current champ. I don't know too many guys who can do what he's done. But Im sure the Brock trashtalk will go on for a bit.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
That fight was just wow... I am a huuge Velasquez fan as well as a Lesnar fan, but I was backing Cain 100%. I wasn't expecting Brock to get rocked like that... I hadn't even seen him dominate like that let alone get dominated like that. But like Pumpt said, Cain out wrestled Lesnar.... Let me repeat this... Cain outwrestled Brock. Now I am by no means knocking Cain. I said awhile back that if anyone could match Lesnar wrestling wise it's Cain. Not only did he stuff Lesnar once on a takedown but he also escaped pretty easily. He took it to Brock through and through.... That second takedown by Cain was the turning point. I think that was when Brock's psyche was deteroriating. And that flurry by Cain was WOW.... But, you cannot doubt Brock's chin... He took some DAMAGE (despite it being called a minute or so after it should have)

Cain was not going to be denied, and he wasn't going to do what others have done and try and fight from the guard.... He knows better lol. He was better prepared, I wholeheartedly believe that Brock overlooked Cain... And was humbled.

TBH, even though I am Mexican-AMERICAN (like Cain, he embraces his American heritage just as much) all the mexican pride shit was annoying imo with all the flags and the "SI SE PUDE" bullshit. Despite Cain never fully embracing that aspect the UFC is in for some majoy paydays with the Mexican market likely going to have a lot more interest in the UFC now. Cain handled the post fight interview like a true champion and Brock lost graciously.

And now the Autograph of his I got back in July is worth a hell of a lot more lol.

But the whole night was overshadowed by the AWESOME Diego/Thiago fight imo.

edit- JDS/Velasquez will be interesting also.... The wrestler vs the striker.... That fight will test him more than this one honestly.

For Brock, I see him fighting either Mir, the winner of Carwin/Nelson or maybe a Gonzaga or Schaub sometime this summer... Brock/Mir III, Carwin/Lesnar II or Brock/Nelson all I think would be big fights for the UFC money wise, and I would love a Big Country/Lesnar showdown.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
There's already rumors about Vince offering Lesnar big money for a one nighter at Wrestlemania.

Against who I wonder?

[yt]zjHtxPew5Os[/yt]

...god...

Reaction score
There's already rumors about Vince offering Lesnar big money for a one nighter at Wrestlemania.

Against who I wonder?

[yt]zjHtxPew5Os[/yt]
ya, i was gonna link that, but completely forgot. Funny.

powerofacharger69
2 days ago 50
You wanna do it??? Theyre fixing to murder Cain. damn!!!! hahahaa Love the Undertaker.

lolol.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I thought that was pretty funny... And so many wrestling news sites went crazy after the interview... But Brock will NOT I repeat WILL NOT ever be in a WWE ring. There is far to much risk in letting Brock getting back in the ring for Dana to allow it.

We will see The Rock step back in the ring before Brock.

The interview was awesome though, he kinda buried Brock lol I bet he is wishing he would have went the MMA route way back in the 90s.