Urijah Faber tells an interesting story about how the UFC tried to get Strikeforce we

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
1009_medium.jpg
Urijah Faber tells an interesting story about how the UFC tried to get Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz to film an episode of Blind Date back in 2006, and punished him for not doing it:

"I remember Diaz telling me years ago how they punished him for not going on that dating show they were having a couple of fighters go on. They would go on this dating show, [the UFC] wanted him on there for publicity. Nick had a girlfriend at the time and he wouldn’t do it," Faber told ESPN Radio.

"They put him and I think Karo on the undercard, somebody vs. Nick Diaz was on the undercard. He’s got a chip on his shoulder when it comes to those guys sometimes. They’re trying to help him and he’s trying to help himself… I wish the best for Nick, I think they’ll make it work out."

Image via Tracy Lee of Combat Lifestyle
HT: FightersOnly