Updates on Injured WWE Stars.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
On his Twitter, Santino Marella posted the following: Neck procedure went well today in Pittsburg, shouldn't be too long now before I'm back in action, I'm hoping!

Marella has been out of action since competing in the Royal Rumble match, but was out for a few weeks before that show with reported neck issues.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Darren Young, one half of the Prime-Time Players, is currently out with an undisclosed injury. Young has not competed since the Royal Rumble match as well when the "X" sign was thrown up after Young was eliminated by Kofi Kingston and he clutched his leg in pain.

WWE's Disabled list is getting pretty big, but it's all under carder for the most part. Here's the (Unofficial) list of all the talents injured currently.

Darren Young - Unknown
Christian - Shoulder
Evan Bourne - Foot
Ezekial Jackson - Torn Pec
Hunico - Torn ACL
Santino Marella - Neck
Tyson Kidd - Torn ACL

Christian is the only star with any name value, and is reportedly cleared for return any time now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Santino is doing well with Kids.

Kidd is great with IWC I'd say more so than Christian.

Hunico for Latinos.

Not sure what Christians brings in I like him and he'd be a huge pop but I'm not sure he's the most valuable on the list.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So this explains why we haven't see much from PTP lately after they were pushed quite heavily as the top heel tag team on the roster. Santino's spot is being filled by Brodus and Tensai at the moment to keep the kids happy. Some good workers on that injured list, hope to see Christian, Bourne, Hunico and Kidd back ASAP.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So thats what happened to Hunico.

Didn't even know Bourne was still on the roster.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Bourne's foot must be in real bad shape cause he's been out for like a year and a half.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bourne is still in the WWE? I thought he was released like half a year ago. I'm not a huge fan of the guy so I don't care much but he must be in a bad condition as we haven't seen him like in year and a half.

I don't really care for none of these. Sure, it always sucks when someone's injured I don't care for none of the stars that are on the list except Christian and Kidd. Christian is the biggest name on the list and it's a shame that he's out because throughout the last two years he spent more time at home, injured than in the ring.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nothing of value was lost.

They could be out for another 10 years and nobody would notice.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Sadly Christian isn't a big loss, while he's a good talent and better than Edge who couldn't play the role of a face to save his life at the end of his career, WWE seem to have in interest in really using Christian. Being Randy Ortons personal jobber doesn't count.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't think Christian is the biggest name on that list. The reactions he gets from the crowd aren't exactly big. I like him of course. But I strongly feel that Bourne/Marella/Kidd will probably get a bigger reaction for their returns.

Reaction score
Christian aka Edge's shadow needs to work NXT for a bit to rehab, so he doesn't return and get injured like he's fast becoming prone to doing.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I don't think Christian is the biggest name on that list. The reactions he gets from the crowd aren't exactly big. I like him of course. But I strongly feel that Bourne/Marella/Kidd will probably get a bigger reaction for their returns.

Kidd and Bourne have never gotten a good reaction in their life. That made absolutely no sense other than Santino.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Sadly Christian isn't a big loss, while he's a good talent and better than Edge who couldn't play the role of a face to save his life at the end of his career, WWE seem to have in interest in really using Christian. Being Randy Ortons personal jobber doesn't count.

I don't have anything against the guy but I have to admit I lol'd when Orton pinned Christian after 5 days as champion :side:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
No big losses there. I do like Christian and Tyson Kidd, but they're two guys that WWE are doing fine without.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE must have a lot of faith in Bourne and must have some decent plans for him considering they have kept him on the roster this long. He has had a pretty shocking run that started as tag team champion then 1st wellness policy violation, still tag team champion then 2nd wellness policy violation and then that car accident which has kept him out for about a year. I can't see them bringing him back as a jobber after paying him to rehab for over a year especially considering he has the two wellness violations. Would have been easy enough to just sack him.

With all the talk about Christian, don't get me wrong I don't see him coming back and becoming the face of Smackdown but he is an incredible strong hand to have on the roster. He can do a great job of putting all the new guys over. Guys like Barrett, Cesaro and Sandow would be great opponents for Christian since he would make them look like stars and it would be a good win under their belts.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think the WWE keeps Bourne on the payroll for some sort of mega-push when or if he returns. I would think it has to be more of a PR move to not appear as callous enough to fire a guy who is injured.