Update: Top WWE Star Undergoing Surgery Tomorrow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE star Mark Henry posted the following on Twitter:

6If3Qr.png

Hope everything goes well for Mark and I would like to wish him a speedy recovery. He probably needed this surgery earlier but had to hold out because of how high up he was on the roster and I hope he comes back high up on the roster and a potential feud with Punk. Him and Punk would work well together and Mark would make a good WWE Champion imo.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He had a pretty good run this last time considering how injury prone he is. I wouldn't want him to comeback with a monster push and I know WWE does a lot of them but they have guys that are younger and more fit to do those things at the current moment. It will be nice to see him return healthy and have a few more feuds, though to help build towards the future.

AF.

Reaction score
Potential feud with Punk? We had 3 matches in a row, all for the WWE Title. No thanks.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It must be a serious surgery as he apparently also tweeted that if he couldn't come back as strong as he is now, he's going to retire.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well he did work through the first few months of the year with some injuries so it is good to see him taking time off to clear it all up, now is the best time since he survived long enough to get himself the big paydays. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the end of the road for him, even if he does return I don't see him lasting till the end of 2013 so he doesn't have long left in his career. Wouldn't be the worst way to go out having had the best twelve months of his career.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Well he did work through the first few months of the year with some injuries so it is good to see him taking time off to clear it all up, now is the best time since he survived long enough to get himself the big paydays. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the end of the road for him, even if he does return I don't see him lasting till the end of 2013 so he doesn't have long left in his career. Wouldn't be the worst way to go out having had the best twelve months of his career.

Before he leaves, I'd like to see him go out on a high note and hold the biggest title of the company that is the WWE Championship. He's been loyal to the company for many years and put many guys over. His reign as WHC last year was excellent and he had an excellent gimmick to go with it and played it greatly. He was working very well in the ring too. So that's why I wouldn't mind a feud with CM Punk, the last couple matches they worked very well together.

Aniking

Reaction score
Wasn't there speculation last year or in 2010 that Mark Henry's career would be finished in 2012, which is why the WWE pushed him and gave him the World Heavyweight Championship for one final run? Remember, he has supposed to hold the title until Wrestlemania by all reports, but obviously that didn't come to pass due to injury.

I hope it's nothing serious and he can come back soon. Clearly he doesn't think he has much time left and that the possible severity of this injury could spell the end of his career. Honestly, I don't think he'll be around in 2013 if he's having big doubts about whether he can return or not. I do hope he returns and is pushed like a beast again, but only as one last goodbye.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember there was a backstage interview posted on wwe.com a year or two ago, soon after Henry returned as a beast, and in it he talked about having recently lost a lot of weight and wanting to become champion because he was retiring soon. I can't remember the exact date but it probably was by the end of this year.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I remember there was a backstage interview posted on wwe.com a year or two ago, soon after Henry returned as a beast, and in it he talked about having recently lost a lot of weight and wanting to become champion because he was retiring soon. I can't remember the exact date but it probably was by the end of this year.

I remember seeing it too. Think it was just after he was drafted at the 2011 draft.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Wasn't his contract supposed to expire soon? Maybe that's why he was pushed, to keep him for a bit longer, as WWE saw that he could be very helpful with getting the younger talent over.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I really hope he recovers for one more run. I used to bash Henry as a face but after that video when he cried then returned as a monster, it made me appreciate him more. Henry is an awesome character with the tough guy and his entrance. I'm a big time Henry fan and hope for the best even if his matches are usually pretty bad.

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
I hope he has a great result from the surgery. I know surgeries can be complex and hard to recover from. However, he is a fit athlete and they generally do good after recovering from the surgery.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Mark Henry Update
F4Wonline.com is reporting Mark Henry did have a medical procedure done yesterday. It is believe it's related to a groin injury. No update if the procedure went as planned but he is advertised for WWE RAW Supershow on June 25th.

Hope recovery goes well for him. I'm sure that Supershow date will be removed soon.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan