Update On TNA's Drug Policy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
As we reported several weeks ago, TNA has instituted a new, more rigorous drug testing policy and it is currently in effect. The policy is said to be similar to that of WWE's, in that a first offense will result in a 30 day, non-paid suspension, with a stiffer punishment levied for second and third offenses. TNA did conduct a drug test back in February of this year, but it's being reported that no one may have failed will receive punishments as it was prior to the adoption of this new policy

-Wrestlezone

chessarmy

good news I guess, I just hope the actual talent don't fuck up. I don't want to see Kurt Angle get suspended right before Bound For Glory, or something like that

Marvel26

Reaction score
I wonder how many of them are taken drugs. You can't tell me that out of all that roster there is no one taking drugs, especially since the drug policy is pretty new!

Beer Money Army

i wonder how scott steiner will pass this test???

chickenfart

Reaction score
sum1 once told me angle was a pain killer addict any truth to this?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I love this. "Oh, we'll punish you for taking drugs! We'll yank you out of your storyline and completely assfuck our whole product for 30 days! Yeah, THAT'LL show you!"

Talent should be reprimanded for steroid use of course, but this punishment hurts TNA a hell of a lot more than it hurts Scott Steiner. Same goes for WWE's policy.

Qwake

i wonder how scott steiner will pass this test???

You stole my line :mad:

This is pretty bad for TNA, it will be to late for them all to stop doing the drugs that they are doing and there will be ALOT of suspentions! Hopefully Steiner goes and then Petey changes back to normal because he won't have his "mentor" there. Other then that, this will suck for them...

Kaedon

Reaction score
I love this. "Oh, we'll punish you for taking drugs! We'll yank you out of your storyline and completely assfuck our whole product for 30 days! Yeah, THAT'LL show you!"

Talent should be reprimanded for steroid use of course, but this punishment hurts TNA a hell of a lot more than it hurts Scott Steiner. Same goes for WWE's policy.

If you tell them "oh well only fine you and maybe suspend you later" you will have top guys going "Ahh well fuck em they cant touch me, I can do whatever I want". Thats soft namby pamby bullshit.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I think 30 days without pay while still having to compete is a heck of a lot worse than also being taken off tv. And if your work quality declines during those 30 days, goodbye. Especially in WWE, what is a 30 day suspension? That's 28 more days to spend with your family than you otherwise could have. That's like a REWARD. If I had to work 1000 out of the past 1095 days I know i'd be popping a couple vicodins to get a month off.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Because they are still there, thats the problem. Look, if you doc someones pay, especially in TNA, it really wont matter. All that means is they have to take a coach flight to and from Florida every week they are needed. In the WWE, they'd get a shittier rental car, or have to pool with someone else, and then get a shittier motel room, or pool with someone else. All while still getting to be on TV and doing the thing they love. Most of these guys WOULD do this shit for free. If you dont bring the hammer down and let them know, hey were not going to fuck around, they will just keep doing it.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Those superstars, for the most part, are making their living off of wrestling. If you lost a full month's pay, what do you think would happen? You'd be dipping into your savings, scrambling to make ends meet, etc. Now imagine at the same time you had to work in a different city/state every other day, without pay, and you had to pay your own way to get there. Coach flights or not, that's hell. They may be doing what they love in the ring, but the reality is: "it's all about the monaaayyy". You say that most of them are willing to be on the road over 300 days a year, paying for their own plane tickets, for FREE? I disagree.

Key point, the current setup hurts the company a hell of a lot more than it hurts the talent.

1chiban

Reaction score
Sonjay Dutt will not pass these tests... just look at his bacne...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Those superstars, for the most part, are making their living off of wrestling. If you lost a full month's pay, what do you think would happen? You'd be dipping into your savings, scrambling to make ends meet, etc. Now imagine at the same time you had to work in a different city/state every other day, without pay, and you had to pay your own way to get there. Coach flights or not, that's hell. They may be doing what they love in the ring, but the reality is: "it's all about the monaaayyy". You say that most of them are willing to be on the road over 300 days a year, paying for their own plane tickets, for FREE? I disagree.

Key point, the current setup hurts the company a hell of a lot more than it hurts the talent.

It hurts the company if you allow these asshats to keep wrestling while they are on drugs. Yeah they will have to dip into their own savings in the WWE, but so what? Its not not like it cant be done. Its an inconvenience, to be sure, but if you tell the wrestlers that you arent willing to make a sacrifice even to your own show to make a point that this bullshit will not be tolerated, they will just keep doing it. Also, the time off they get from being suspended is sometimes just what they need to heal up so they arent popping steroids and downers to get through matches and uppers to keep them going while they drive.

C4

We won't be watching Scott Steiner ever again in TNA and that's great news!