Update on The Shield's break up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
PWMania said:
As seen on this week’s Slammy edition of WWE RAW, the wheels continue to be placed in motion regarding The Shield breaking up. At first, WWE officials felt like it was too early to break up the group but apparently this has changed.

Word at RAW was that Triple H is ready to move forward with the split but by no means is their break-up “set in stone” for the TLC pay-per-view where they will face CM Punk in a handicap match.

The biggest point to note here is the uncertainty with creative from week to week.

Even though I like The Shield, I'm hoping they break up sooner rather than later. I think it'd be good for the three to be on their own as they'd get more in depth roles.
I'd personally like to see Reigns as a babyface monster, Rollins as one of those faces whom is liked because of his style(like Hardy, but you know, talented), and Ambrose as a loose cannon heel.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why? The group is still very popular and no one's tired of seeing their matches. Let them fight the Wyatts at Mania, and then after that look at how to split them up. What are they going to do as singles competitors right now? The WWE title picture is jammed with Orton/Cena/Bryan/HHH/Punk. WWE don't care about the mid-card titles.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Would you rather they split after the group loses it's appeal? Don't be daft. Strike while the iron is hot.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Would've liked it more if Reigns would step away from Ambrose and Rollins instead of how Ambrose is putting himself out as the bigshot, and Reigns is shoved (without disrespect) next to Rollins.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I was also hoping for a faction war between the Shield and the Wyatts at Wrestlemania. A triple threat for the US Title sounds awesome too, but that can always happen after Mania. I like the idea of the WWE's two dominant stables going against one another to prove who is the bigger and meaner dogs on the biggest stage of all. And what better place to signify the end of The Shield (which will be pretty apparent if something happens like Ambrose walking away from the match and leaving the other two to get destroyed, or something similar) than at Mania?

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Would you rather they split after the group loses it's appeal? Don't be daft. Strike while the iron is hot.
I don't see them losing their appeal any time soon. But, I think TLC's a good place to start the process of them splitting. Have Punk go over the Shield due to miscommunication. Or have Reigns go for the cover on Punk, with Ambrose pulling him off after a 2 count?

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah I would love that too. I think it would mean a face turn for The Shield before then though, which doesn't seem to jive with what they're already doing with Dean.

wwedivax

Jobber
Reaction score
Splits suck. WWE finally has a good thing going with the group villains again...

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Wyatts vs Shield at EC with the Wyatts going over
Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns at WM

Italianman3100!

The Showoff
Reaction score
I hope they break up soon. I like to see how they do in Singles competition.

For Ambrose, I hope he gets that U.S. title off his shoulder to something bigger like the World Title. I want to see him Main Event Raw more often.

For Rollins, I would like to see him be the best Mid-Card guy in WWE. I hope he wins the I.C. title and have a long reign and do great in this business in singles competition.

For Reigns, Even though he is my least favorite, I see him being World Champ soon. I kinda would like to see Ambrose Vs. Reigns for the World Championship one day.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I think the best place for them to split would be against the Wyatts at Mania, So Ambrose turns on Rollins and Reigns. With Wyatt and Ambrose attacking Rollins. Then all four Attack Reigns, making him looking strong because it takes 4 people to beat him down. That way Dean stays Heel, Rollins turns face and Reigns turns face looking strong.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think the best place for them to split would be against the Wyatts at Mania, So Ambrose turns on Rollins and Reigns. With Wyatt and Ambrose attacking Rollins. Then all four Attack Reigns, making him looking strong because it takes 4 people to beat him down. That way Dean stays Heel, Rollins turns face and Reigns turns face looking strong.
So Rollins should turn face but not look strong?

Pretty sure you can turn both and make both look strong, Reigns obviously stronger but still.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
So Rollins should turn face but not look strong?

Pretty sure you can turn both and make both look strong, Reigns obviously stronger but still.

Well if he gets suprise attacked by Ambrose, that wouldn't make him look weak would it?