Update On Strikeforce's Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

-R3-

Reaction score
Turn my photo black and white PLEASE :)

Can you turn another of my photo's black and white? (Or grey using the CTRL - U method). I'd do it myself but as most of you know my PS gets screwed up after something is saved.

I'll repay you with passionate sex and rep :D

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
I can

Where's the photo you want black n white?

-R3-

Reaction score
Ah it doesn't matter anymore man. My girlfriend did it.

You get rep for offering though :)

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
okay bro anytime

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Scott Coker doesn't believe Ken Hershman's exit from Showtime spells the end for Strikeforce's relationship with the premium cable channel.

The Strikeforce CEO today spoke with Showtime executives following news of Hershman's departure from the network, reportedly for a job at HBO, and said the network wants to remain in the MMA business.

"There are negotiations going on to extend the deal, and I believe both sides want to make a deal," Coker told www.mmajunkie "Both sides have indicated to me that they'd like to stay in this relationship."

Coker said the much of the same executive staff will oversee the remaining events Strikeforce owes to Showtime, which comprise three major events and three of the promotion's Challenger series through February 2012.

Strikeforce's next major show is "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal," which takes place Dec. 17 in San Diego. Lightweight champ Gilbert Melendez defends his title against Jorge Masvidal. Coker said the next major event is planned for late January 2012.

Hershman's move caught Coker completely by surprise, but he praised the executive's contribution to Strikeforce.

"He gave Strikeforce a shot, but I do know they have a good team over there, and they're going to continue on doing boxing and, hopefully, MMA and Strikeforce," he said.

Speculation about the future of the promotion has ramped up in recent weeks following the comments of UFC president Dana White, who said Showtime's decision to renew its TV deal with Strikeforce had recently come due.

White later said that the decision had been put off and declined to elaborate on negotiations.

"I know that negotiations were ongoing and they were going back and forth," Coker said. "It's like any negotiation. They're trying to come to a deal that makes sense for both parties. The devil's always in the details."

Coker said it was possible that should Showtime renew, a revised TV deal could see fewer Strikeforce events on the channel.

"I think we could still [provide 16 events] because half of those are Challengers shows," he said. "I just think that's something that could be a change in how many fights, or it could not."

Strikeforce in February 2009 struck a five-year broadcast deal with Showtime that called for up to 16 yearly events including major fight cards and Challengers Series events. The February 2012 represents a cutoff where the premium cable network can continue the current deal or choose not to renew.

Of course, many observers have predicted Strikeforce's imminent demise as several of its champions have signed with the UFC including welterweight champion Nick Diaz, light-heavyweight champion Dan Henderson and heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem.

There was heated speculation that lightweight champion Melendez may not fulfill his fight with Masvidal after White indicated he wanted the fighter in the UFC "ASAP," but rumors were put to rest when Showtime officially announced the Dec. 17 event earlier this week.

For now though, Strikeforce is proceeding, business as usual.

A successor to Hershman has yet to be named.

MMAJunkie.com