• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Update on Mercedes Mone and Kazuchika Okada - AEW believes both will sign

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Regarding Kazuchika Okada and Mercedes Mone, the belief from this side [AEW] is that both will be starting soon. Mone was doing acting work but there is talk her debut will be played up extremely big and that announcement could be soon. She has been back training to return to the ring. Her coming to AEW was expected for months, even before they showed her at Wembley. But she did negotiate with WWE after that and while they were far apart on money, unless the contract is signed nothing is a lock. For Okada, the last word was that he had not made up his mind. I know people here range from hopeful to I’d perceive as confident he will be coming. If he was to sign, the likely arrival would be around the Greensboro show with his final New Japan date on 2/24. If it was WWE, I could see them holding off until WrestleMania. But we do know that Tony Khan has been especially enthusiastic about 2024, between new signings and returns over the next few months of MJF, Adam Cole, Kenny Omega (hopefully), Bandido, Rey Fenix, Pac and Britt Baker.

From the Observer

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Is Moné officially signed with AEW or is there a chance she fucks off to TNA or Japan ? :pour

Cwalker

I feel like if pen had been put to paper, it would’ve leaked by now. She may be close but I don’t think she’s officially signed

Lariatoh!

The fact that Mone did not go directly to AEW seemed that although she walked out on WWE, she was waiting for them to come crawling to her. Which obviously didn't happen.

For Okada there's pros and cons for both AEW and WWE. WWE is on fire right now, and has always been the leader. Money and exposure.

But AEW's schedule, it's ties with NJPW, TK will probably put the belt on him and no doubt TK will pay a lot too are very enticing for him.