Update on Kane's Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WON said:
Current plans have Kane returning at the Royal Rumble but he could be brought back earlier.

I had expected Kane to return next month before TLC PPV to set up a match with Henry at TLC or the Royal Rumble. I look forward to him being back though as he has always been my favourite and hopefully when he returns he will be put into a good storyline or two.

Reaction score
Completely do not care about the Big Red Fat joke. His character is beyond stale, and he serves no purpose anymore. Retirement is his best option.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that he is useful to put others over. I think that the storyline dictates that he should get a title shot against Henry but once he loses that get him putting over more guys. Someone like Barrett or Rhodes would get a nice boost by convincingly beating Kane in a feud. I do think that he is near the end and this will probably be his last run.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I want Kane to return at Royal Rumble. He deserves to win.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Honestly... I forgot all about Kane as he hasn't been truly relevant in years. He's been the guy to put over others for so long that now he needs someone to put him over to mean anything. Kane has finally run his course. Yeah he's gonna return... but him wreaking havoc just isn't going to have that much meaning or give him that much momentum cause we've seen it from him so many times. So yeah... I just can't see Kane's return doing much of anything anymore. Just a... oh its Kane.

TheZig

Reaction score
Kane can still serve a purpose on the roster, Theres a few guys who would benefit working with him. Look at Brodus Clay imagine the impact it would make if you gave Kane a little build on return and him and Clay happened to cross paths. Hell, With the lack of main event guys on Smackdown Kane could have a little run as WHC just to elevate the importance when someone takes the title off him.

Reaction score
Kane is obviously not as relevant as he used to be, but he still has something to give. Obviously he's great at putting talent over and he can still put on good matches and can do decent promos. His return won't spike ratings too much, but he'll still be welcomed back. Any star power can help Smackdown. I thought he would return sooner however like Survivor Series or TLC at the latest, but Royal Rumble is still fine. I'd imagine he would be a contestant in the Rumble match. At some point I'm sure he'll resume his unfinished business with Mark Henry.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow lot of Kane bashing, don't really see why. What has he done wrong? His title run was a huge success and the guy can deliver on the mic. He still has something to give, let's not be so hard on him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Return fully masked with a cool storyline as to why, otherwise i'm not interested.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't see the mask ever returning. I think it would make sense to have him return just before the RR PPV & possibly put him into the mix with Big Show and Mark Henry for the World Title.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't see it returning either, but with the way his story was unfolding when he got taken out, now is a perfect time for them to put it back on him and actually have a logical reason for doing so.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Wow lot of Kane bashing, don't really see why. What has he done wrong? His title run was a huge success and the guy can deliver on the mic. He still has something to give, let's not be so hard on him.

Kane title run was merely there to assist with Smackdown's top drawers having a heel with good name value to go against, particular everyone's familiarity between Kane and Undertaker aided this, but noway was his title run a success, much more towards an 'overrated' failure, while it's nice to see Kane become champ - you'd be living a fantasy world believing it was a good run...

As for his return, it'd be welcome in terms of Name value and another person for Henry to face, presuming the Big Show doesn't win the title at Survivor Series - One would help not as Kane versus Mark Henry will possibly be a nice battle of the Behemoths, but certainly not a spectucal to go mad about...

Kane versus Mark Henry has name value draw, but nothing which would spike up any ratings.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
KANE's mic work at the beginning of his feud last year with Taker was great it kind of fell off after the first few emotional promos, though. It also doesn't make any sense that KANE won everything in a feud he should have ultimately lost. It's almost like WWE and Taker don't care to even finish it with the proper victor anyways.

I don't mind KANE in this day and age as useful novelty act for future stars. It's where he stands and I would hate for him to return at TLC and be put in some awful title match that may or may not have a ladder in it. Imagine a train wreck of a match it would be if Henry/KANE/Show in any kind of ladder match. I hope nobody is looking forward to something like that. I would rather him just come back in the Rumble since he is still awesome in that match and use him sparingly to put random talent over for the remainder of his existence.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It isn't a Kane bashing but more just coming to terms with Kane. There isn't anything more for the character to do. He could be a believable monster but that always winds up falling flat shortly after it starts to gain steam and momentum. Other than that... I dunno. Just for me its to the point that he doesn't have that it factor anymore. He has a name, he has a look, but he isn't "it" anymore.