Update on Eric Young's contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Rate the PPV-Day 2-

Well Wrestlemania 17 comes in with a 94, up next its Armageddon 2002.

Armageddon02.jpg

Armageddon 2002 took place on December 15, 2002 at Office Depot Center in the Ft. Lauderdale suburb of Sunrise, Florida.

* Sunday Night HEAT match: Jeff Hardy defeated D'Lo Brown (4:56)
o Hardy pinned Brown after a Diving Crossbody and hooking the tights for leverage.
* Booker T and Goldust defeated Lance Storm and William Regal, The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von), and Chris Jericho and Christian (c) in a Fatal Four-Way Elimination match to win the World Tag Team Championship (16:43)
o Regal pinned Bubba after a Top rope leg drop by Storm (5:23)
o Goldust pinned Regal after a Shock Treatment (5:32)
o Booker pinned Jericho after a Book End (16:43)
* Edge defeated A-Train by disqualification (7:12)
o A-Train was disqualified for hitting Edge with a chair.
o After the match, Edge attacked A-Train with a chair seven times.
* Chris Benoit defeated Eddie Guerrero (16:47)
o Benoit forced Guerrero to submit with the Crippler Crossface.
* Batista defeated Kane (6:38)
o Batista pinned Kane after a Batista Bomb.
* Victoria defeated Trish Stratus and Jacqueline in a Triple Threat match to retain the WWE Women's Championship (4:28)
o Victoria pinned Jacqueline after Stratus hit a Clothesline to Jacqueline and Victoria knocked out Trish with the title belt.
* Kurt Angle defeated The Big Show to win the WWE Championship (12:36)
o Angle pinned Big Show after Brock Lesnar interfered and hit Big Show with the F-5.
* Triple H defeated Shawn Michaels in a 3 Stages Of Hell match to win the World Heavyweight Championship (35:25)
o Triple H pinned Michaels in a Street Fight after a Pedigree (20:33)
o Michaels pinned Triple H in a Steel cage match after a Splash off the cage through a table (29:45)
o Triple H defeated Michaels in a Ladder match after retrieving the title belt (35:25)
------=========-----------=========--------============----------

Well the double main event was amazing and with just those two matches the ppv gets an 8 from me, now add Benoit vs Eddie, Batista vs Kane, and the heat match of Dlo vs Jeff Hardy, not to mention the great build up of HBk vs HHH this gets a 9.5/10 from me.

Soulpower

7/10.. The HBK-HHH match and the Guerrero vs Benoit match were both great, but the rest of the card was... meh! Batista vs Kane was your typical big men affair and although Angle was on the card, he faced the Big Show so we couldn't expect a 5 star classic.

If you haven't seen this PPV, make sure to watch the two matches I mentioned above, you can just ignore the rest.

xtremebadass

8/10 My bro just bought that on DVD, it was pretty sick. Brock Lesnar was there so I give it points for that one already. There is nothing like 3 stages of hell, that was one of the best matches I have ever seen

Taker

Reaction score
I am going to give Armageddon 2003 a 7/10, I only liked a few matches. The pay per view was alright but it got a bit boring with Benoit/Guerrero match my best matches from Armageddon 03 are:

Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels - 3 Stages Of Hell
Big Show Vs. Kurt Angle
Kane Vs. Batista

Aramageddon 2003: 7/10

Montana

I didnt see it, but it looks like there was just one big main event, and Beniot vs Eddie.

Sounds like a 8/10

03mnm

Reaction score
This was a decent PPV could have been better. The three stages of hell was awesome I remember when HBK fell through 4 tables at the end that was sick. The Angle/Show match was decent and I liked how Lesnar screwed Show and Heyman. The Batista/Kane was also decent but was ruined by Flair who kept on Interfering. I also remember the Al Wilson segment which was exciting cause Torrie and Dawn kissed and John Cena came out and rapped.

Reaction score
Pretty good PPV...but not the greatest. I'll say 7.5/10. Michaels vs. Triple H in 3 stages of Hell is what bumps it up to that. The 4 way tag match was good, as was Benoit vs. Eddie. Angle vs. Show was alright.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

-- Regarding Eric Young's contract holdout with TNA Wrestling last month, he indicated to friends that he believed WWE would show interest in signing him and thus he held out for a better deal than the Nashville based organization initially offered. There was apparently no interest on WWE's part in Young's services and he re-signed with TNA Wrestling for less money than he was looking for. He was, however, granted freedom to accept independent bookings without company approval.
So much for Eric's hold out plan, lol.

OMR

Reaction score
reading that made me lol hope he wasn't serious.

Reaction score
:lmao when will TNA talent realise that WWE aren't sweating on them being released to sign them, like TNA are to WWE talent.

IMO the only talent WWE would consider are Kurt Angle, Sting, MCMG and Velvet Sky

The Nicker

Reaction score
I think Eric Young would bring a lot of greatness to the Smackdown brand, and he really does fit WWE's style. I'm actually surprised that they didn't want him, but still. He's getting used a lot on TNA so why would he want to bail out on them? Stupid move, but glad he's stayin'.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think he wanted to leave but rather wanted to use WWE as a way to get more money. Thing is that strat only works for someone who is considered a draw or important to the company in some kind of way not somebody who is a career mid carder at best. Not to mention it's not like TNA values their original guys to the extent you'd think they would.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Eric Young....yeah, he's not anything the WWE would jump out of their pants for.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
:lmao when will TNA talent realise that WWE aren't sweating on them being released to sign them, like TNA are to WWE talent.

IMO the only talent WWE would consider are Kurt Angle, Sting, MCMG and Velvet Sky

I'd add Morgan and Burke to the list as well simply because one is a big guy and one is a guy that they liked but just was too immature when they let him go.