Update on Batista's possible heel turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (F4WOnline.com)

It looks as though Batista might be set for an upcoming heel turn in WWE. The spot to set up the likely turn in the future was done at the Backlash pay-per view, where Batista almost used a chair and got his team disqualified (which would have cost Triple H the title based on match-stipulations) but instead it distracted HHH and set him up for the finish of the match and the injury spot with Randy Orton.

Obviously when Triple H returns he'll be working with Randy Orton, as that is the immediate ready-made program, but it looks as though there will be a second feud with Batista. The only question at this point is who would turn heel, with the likely candidate being Batista.

Batista has been questioned, in character, on TV at RAW about the aforementioned spot at Backlash, and said he feels for HHH and the McMahon family, but put off a certain smugness that is likely the very early build towards a heel turn.

benny

Reaction score
That's odd, Batista's character isn't stale at all. I mean, he just came back. Just kidding...this probably should have been done a while back. Nothing surprising here. They even teased it the past few weeks.

MikeRaw

Ya, I've said it many times. Batista as a heel would be good for him, but the same can be said for Triple H. Both are in need of a freshment, and both could beneifit from a heel turn, but sadly, only one will be able to turn.

The Rated R CMStar

Then again, a feud with Batista is something fresh for Triple H, so that might keep face HHH not so stale for a while

Reaction score
The only thing that gives Batista any credability as a heel is his appearance. With his below par acting skills the only way they will push him as a heel is by having him attack top faces.

He will be stale again before you know it.

Travis40

I lawl at these reporters putting one and one together, and acting like it's breaking news. Everybody knows that Batista is hinting at a heel turn, and we don't need some dumbass internet reporter to tell us what we already know.

Moonlight Drive

I would've preferred Triple H, but at least this way we know Tista will lose the feud.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I lawl at these reporters putting one and one together, and acting like it's breaking news. Everybody knows that Batista is hinting at a heel turn, and we don't need some dumbass internet reporter to tell us what we already know.

I gota agree. This is one of those "no shit" articles. Triple H comes back mad that Tista (who I'm still confused on why he was in the match on his side anyway) cost him his title and got him put on the injured list. Tension builds, Tista has had enough, cue his heel turn.

Travis40

This was like in late 2004/early 2005 when all of these news sites had "Breaking stories" on Batista's "possible" face turn, when everyone knew that Batista was going to turn.