Unpredictability... You like?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

K as you know, wwe is in a bit of turmoil right now from the draft. But IMO, its good turmoil. I mean, you;ve got all these people going to start new feuds in the upcoming weeks, so you dont know whats going to happen there. Then you have a bunch of new alliances like the Jericho/Cade, and Holly/Rhodes, and possibly even merging into a stable, so we're all sort of anticipating that. And you've also got the "Vince storyline", where, wheter you like it or not, will hae to be judged after tonight, but again, we dont know whats going to happen with it, and theres not even been spoilers on it really. WWE is pushing guys now like Kennedy, Kofi, Punk, etc, And of course, the world title both on SD. Its like, all of these things have had close to no spoilers, so its not really ruined for us. And ontop of that, we thought that at NOC, everything would be settled and the world titles would each go to their own brand, but thats obviously not the case... All those issues I mentioned are adding some excitement, and I personally cant wait to see all this stuff unfold. Like the new alliances, the world titles, the vince thing, etc...

So, I think we can all agree that we dont have a clue how any of it is really going to play out, but the question is, do you like it? Do you like the uunpredictability of WWE at the moment, and do you think it makes for better tv?

Reaction score
I love the turmoil, because now I actually watch Smack!Down, before I wouldn't bother to TiVo/tune in but now when I'm home I watch it, avoid the spoilers and then I watch it and it has some good wrestl....erm...superstars on it. So I do like it.

Airfixx

Unpredictability always brings out the best in wrestling.... Sure some peeps will be complaining again in a few weeks tho'; coming up with crap like "Why isn't HHH jobbing to Maria?".

Reaction score
WWE is getting better because of the unpredictability. Its boring to watch WWE if you already know whats gonna happen at NOC it was predictiable that RAW was gonna get a belt but they didnt yet.

So wrestling is better with unpredictability.

chessarmy

Unpredictability is what turned the WWE around for me. Its actually watchable now, and it makes for a very exciting product. I was 100% sure that Cena was going to win last night at Night Of Champions, but Trips getting the pin really shocked me and I well...I kind of marked out :p

So yea, unpredictability is great especially in what USED to be a stale WWE. Lets hope they keep this up

Romo Is God

Reaction score
Yes, it's great now.

But they won't keep it up, or the idiot type of smarks with be reading spoilers and then complain later when it happens by saying "Oh wowza thet wa so prdictible" or some shit.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I love the upredictabity in wwe right now its wicked hope it stays like this. It makes for much better programme. Like last night i knew well thought Cena was walking away with the title so i was waiting for stfu or fu to happen every time Cena got close to stfu or fu i was like thats it game over, But when it didn't come off and Trips got the pin i MARKED lmao. It was mint i hope There is more stuff like this its more entertaining. But it probs wont last spoilers have a habit of popping up and ruining it.

John Doe

Reaction score
Unpredictability was seen in the Kofi vs Jericho match and the Cody Rhodes twist. I didn't exactly mark out when Triple H won as that in my eyes isn't unpredictability since Triple H gets pushed more than anyone else in the companies history.

ollie

Reaction score
I think it's great and a return to old form. I, like everyones else, was sure cena would walk away champ - especially since edge kept his belt.

Looking at WWE now compared to a couple of months ago I'd say it's had a fairly big (and quick) turn around with there being 3 or 4 worthy stories.

I was thinking that Kane and Jericho might join the title race on Raw but now I've got no idea. I can't wait for Raw for a change rather than thinking ' I can just catch it later in the week if I miss it.' I may even have to stay up til 4am again to watch it live :|

Montana

I think most every situation is unique, and i dont always think predictably is a good thing. Let me explain myself, since i think i just disagree'd with like 10 people.

Looking at HHH vs Cena, when your watching the PPV, you kinda figure Cena will win, so raw has a belt, but HHH wins. The problem i had with this, is that it WAS Predictbale from the start. The fact they pulled a swerve just to fool the fans isn't always good. I like unpredictably LEADING up to the match. I MUCH rather have storylines like Dibiase's mystery partner. It gets people buzzing. Hopefully they do another "Who did it" storyline with Vince. Sometimes trying to be unpredictable can hurt in the long run too. Storylines, and results will not make as much sense, and guys like superman john cena can get jobbed out. I also like when they have "special guest" or "shocking returns" The wwe really doesnt do much of this anymore.

So basically i think unpredictably is only good when its stirring up a buzz. I dont think Cena losing is exactly stirring up a huge buzz. Its kinda surprising , and they should be able to pull off some great storylines.

I do like the more unpredictable, although i'm afraid they may be starting to go overboard.

Qwake

I am really liking it, I hate seeing something and thinking "oh, I know whats gonna happen here". Its much better when everything isnt so obvious, I am really starting to enjoy WWE at the moment. This is making for much better TV, esp for Smackdown!