Unpopular Opinions v2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
CTE is such a cope in this case. Benoit was a piece of shit who murdered a child. If he hadn't killed himself, any defense based on that (especially in 2007/8) would've received a big go fuck yourself in court. Granted, he needed to be dead for CTE to be diagnosed lol but still.

I put the Owen fall tape in the same category as the Columbine basement videos. It's described so much in detail that the actual video itself is the last piece of a morbid puzzle.
Brain damage is the crutch of people who don't want to believe that someone they admired could do something like this. His brain damage is obviously a horrid case, and whilst people can make the argument that what he did had more to do with his brain not functioning at it's proper level, and less to do with his personality, it doesn't excuse what he did.

Also I think saying WWE is erasing him is a bit dumb. His name is still on WWE.com in title histories, his name is still on WWE PPV results pages, his matches are on the WWE Network. WWE chose to distance themselves, which is the least bit smart thing for them to do. How do you honor him without mentioning he murdered his family, and assuming that you can explain that he beat his brains out in this profession as the reason why he did it?

Another bit, whilst I agree that WWE (for a long time) ran their employees into the ground. I think the WWE has made serious strides post-Guerrero/Benoit. WWE doesn't need to put a murderer in their hall of fame to work on CTE in wrestling, they already sponsor Concussion Legacy Foundation, among other things.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I already discussed my reasoning to Roadie on discord we just agreed to disagree.

I enjoy the entertainment aspect of wrestling as much as the sport. Now this doesn’t mean I want an entire wrestling show with just promos. But I find myself revisiting more promo based content on YouTube than actual wrestling matches. I’ll leave a few sources here too.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
I already discussed my reasoning to Roadie on discord we just agreed to disagree.

I enjoy the entertainment aspect of wrestling as much as the sport. Now this doesn’t mean I want an entire wrestling show with just promos. But I find myself revisiting more promo based content on YouTube than actual wrestling matches. I’ll leave a few sources here too.

It's not about me liking the sport more than the entertainment aspect, I just don't see how TNA was entertaining. Beyond that, it barely had any wrestling. It was a TV show with wrestling in it, and a bad one at that. Almost everything they did was either completely forgettable or memorable for how bad it was. Also, a lot of these qualms of these articles regarding the death of wrestling promos are actually things TNA did as well. Russo wrote scripts and promos for wrestlers to narrate.

(I will say, to your defense, you are a big fan of 2011-2013 TNA and I have watched a lot of 2006-2008 TNA during quarantine until my eyeballs needed replacement so maybe we're talking about different eras. For now, I believe we aren't as you said pre-2013 in general)

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This forum needs the women’s page.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Reactions: Koko B.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It's not about me liking the sport more than the entertainment aspect, I just don't see how TNA was entertaining. Beyond that, it barely had any wrestling. It was a TV show with wrestling in it, and a bad one at that. Almost everything they did was either completely forgettable or memorable for how bad it was. Also, a lot of these qualms of these articles regarding the death of wrestling promos are actually things TNA did as well. Russo wrote scripts and promos for wrestlers to narrate.

(I will say, to your defense, you are a big fan of 2011-2013 TNA and I have watched a lot of 2006-2008 TNA during quarantine until my eyeballs needed replacement so maybe we're talking about different eras. For now, I believe we aren't as you said pre-2013 in general)
Uhh, I was watching TNA from end of 2007-2013? On and off, but the stuff I saw with AJ Styles, Christian, Main Event Mafia, Bobby Roode's World Title run, Austin Aries, etc. was p. entertaining to me. But again, I'm speaking for myself and this is an unpopular opinion so...

Like I'm not gonna enjoy a wrestling show from start to beginning, that's just rare to me at least. But from my memory, it was more entertaining than what AEW has put out again IMO.
The only thing I've really enjoyed are a few matches, MJF/Jericho segments, etc.

TNA was bad
you said unpopular opinions?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Jeff Jarrett was an incredible heel in TNA

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Big Japan Wrestling isn't so bad. It's ultra-violent but there's sportsmanship once the match is over.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Uhh, I was watching TNA from end of 2007-2013? On and off, but the stuff I saw with AJ Styles, Christian, Main Event Mafia, Bobby Roode's World Title run, Austin Aries, etc. was p. entertaining to me. But again, I'm speaking for myself and this is an unpopular opinion so...

Like I'm not gonna enjoy a wrestling show from start to beginning, that's just rare to me at least. But from my memory, it was more entertaining than what AEW has put out again IMO.
The only thing I've really enjoyed are a few matches, MJF/Jericho segments, etc.

you said unpopular opinions?
Considering the majority of people using this thread like TNA, I guess the unpopular opinion is that it sucked!