Unnamed WWE talent and staff reportedly test positive for COVID-19

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The “everyone is vaxxed” excuse isn’t valid anymore. The omicron variant seems to be easily avoiding the vaccine. And yes the new variant isn’t that deadly but you don’t just want WWE to become a Covid pit because of the who gives a fuck mentality
Expecting Deezy to make an argument in good faith is a losing endeavor before the battle even begins my friend.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
The problem is - people seem to have forgotten / never known, that vaccines makes your symptoms less worse - they don't make you immune

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
The “everyone is vaxxed” excuse isn’t valid anymore. The omicron variant seems to be easily avoiding the vaccine. And yes the new variant isn’t that deadly but you don’t just want WWE to become a Covid pit because of the who gives a fuck mentality

Eh on that the vaccine is actually holding up well with the variant. Studies in South Africa where it was first detected and spiked showed it ballooned to 26k cases per day, but in the last week has dropped down to 5k per day. In a country with 24% of the population double vaxxed, iirc from the article I read only 2% of people were admitted to hospital for the virus. I mean, I'm hoping this is a turning point in this battle with this cunt.

And to help you out, not everyone is vaxxed in WWE. Tamina Snuka is a vocal anti-vaxxer.

The sheer absurdity to be scrapping testing and risking the health of your employees and their families, namely IDK a guy who is IMMUNOCOMPRIMISED and has had cancer twice is just....staggering.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The problem is - people seem to have forgotten / never known, that vaccines makes your symptoms less worse - they don't make you immune
Eh on that the vaccine is actually holding up well with the variant. Studies in South Africa where it was first detected and spiked showed it ballooned to 26k cases per day, but in the last week has dropped down to 5k per day. In a country with 24% of the population double vaxxed, iirc from the article I read only 2% of people were admitted to hospital for the virus. I mean, I'm hoping this is a turning point in this battle with this cunt.

And to help you out, not everyone is vaxxed in WWE. Tamina Snuka is a vocal anti-vaxxer.

The sheer absurdity to be scrapping testing and risking the health of your employees and their families, namely IDK a guy who is IMMUNOCOMPRIMISED and has had cancer twice is just....staggering.
Roman should go where he's safer. In the arms of my pal Tony xp

Sabretooth

Reaction score

No it isn’t lol. NY has a 90% vaccination rate and COVID infections are at an all time high.

But yes, scrapping testing is a terrible idea.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Taken from Dave, supposedly went really long on the subject but here's the meat of what was said

WWE is also changing its policy regarding COVID going forward. WWE hasn’t confirmed at this point the new policy but one official brought up changes and compared it to the NFL’s new policy. Another source also described it as similar to the new NFL policy. […]

The WWE procedure based on the memo sent to the talent is slightly different, as it specifies Antigen tests taken on day five after the positive test and that they have to be at least 24 hours between the two tests, meaning six days. But with testing being largely curtailed, which there are those in the company unhappy about, then a large percentage of cases that don’t bring symptoms won’t be known about. […]

A memo noting the new protocol also said that masks must be worn backstage by all talent, staff, crew or guests, and there would be mandatory fines for talent and staff failing to adhere to that policy.

The new policy recommended everyone get either a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and a booster, and recommenced those getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine to get the Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.

All fully vaccinated personnel would be asked questions and be observed responding prior to entering the venue. All personnel were also told they are required to self report any symptoms to the WWE medical staff and encouraged all those with two shots to get a booster shot.

Anyone with any symptoms is required to take a COVID test.

Anyone who tests positive and is not vaccinated will have a minimum ten days of quarantine as well as heart testing before they can return to work. Those who test positive and are fully vaccinated must be out for six days. Beginning on day five, if they are asymptomatic for 24 hours, they must pass two Antigen tests at least 24 hours apart before returning. Anyone in close contact with someone who tests positive is allowed to come to work but will be tested daily for five days after exposure if they show no symptoms.