Universal Wrestling Alliance: Ingredients for a destined company

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

I just thought I'd say that it does look a bit naked all of this, I don't have photoshop or anything along the lines of that so I am yet to get a logo, banner or anything. Currently all graphics you see here are done on paint so they aren't of the best quality :eek:, Hopefuly in the near future I'll make this a bit more colorful.

Universal Wrestling Alliance: Ingredients for a destined company​

Part 1: Seven Year Itch
A hell of a lot can happen in one night in any given night in wrestling, champions can be crowned and people’s lives can be changed with injuries it can all change in a blink of an eye; It only took one night for Austin to debut the ‘3:16’ catch phrase which changed wrestling forever, it only took one night for Triple H to come back at the Royal Rumble of 2002 and win it, it only took one night for Chris Jericho to beat Austin and The Rock and become the first Undisputed Champion in Wrestling history… Now sit back for a moment and imagine how much can change in seven years. In seven years, the World Wrestling Federation bought out Extreme Championship Wrestling, bought out World Championship Wrestling and changed its name to the World Wrestling Entertainment… a world of shake ups. And that’s exactly what had happened, Seven Years ago when Ric Flair was fired as the Raw General Manager and Vince was looking for whom to take his spot as General Manager of the biggest brand of the biggest wrestling company in the world today.

Many names were thrown around backstage with creative, Sgt. Slaughter, Vince himself, Shane, Paul Heyman heck even Jim Ross was a name talked about to be the next on screen GM. Then someone in creative suggested it be WCW’s ‘Eric Bischoff’ the man that put Vince to the test and nearly put him out of business only three years prior. When Vince thought about it for a moment and agreed he instantly gave Bischoff a call and told him his idea and proposition to be the Raw GM, Eric sent Vince a fax back saying that it was a slap in the face to suddenly be second to Vince and suddenly be on the WWE’s good side after all we had gone through trying to put each other out of business, Eric turned down the offer and the job was given to Stone Cold.

Bischoff though still wanted to be a part of the wrestling world but didn’t want to be working in the same company as Vince; TNA and ROH were just beginning to open their doors in late 2002 and early 2003 and Bischoff felt it would be degrading for someone of his stature to work for a company that didn’t even have a TV deal yet. He spoke to a few friends of his that have worked with him for decades and told them what he was feeling and going through, Sting was the man he talked to and Sting told Bischoff why not start his own company? Sting then stated that if he would, he would sign up. Bischoff thought about this for a few days, he really wanted to but where would he get the money?

Part 2: TNA Never gets off the ground
Total Nonstop Action only a few months into its debut’ in early 2003 the company’s owner and founder, Jeff Jarrett spoke backstage with his former boss back in WCW—Eric Bischoff. Bischoff the snake that he is known to be acted as if he was swimming in money which he wasn’t, not working a day since WCW’s demise. He told or lied to Jeff that if he gave him TNA and agreed to make him the owner and do whatever he wanted with him, that Jeff would be the first champion in his company when it would get off of the ground- Jeff eventually agreed to it and his EGO got the best of him.

TNA’s titles, it’s superstars, alumni, copy rights and pretty much everything TNA related was now Bischoff’s and Bischoff took the liberty of changing TNA’s name to a name which he felt suited his new company- UWA. It was born, but hadn’t made its first show yet… Some former TNA talent were fired, some sent over to ROH some free agents and some picked up by the WWE in developmental territorial ground but Bischoff did keep who he wanted and he had signed the following superstars to the UWA so far.

- Samoa Joe
- CM Punk
- Alex Shelly
- Chris Sabin
- Jeff Jarrett
- Sting
- Mike Tennay
- Jeremy Borash

Bischoff would still seek more talent and to one day compete with the WWE but that would be what he wanted from Total Nonstop Action, he began searching elsewhere for the rest of his roster.

Part 3: Friends, Foes & Free Agents
Sting a long time friend of Eric Bischoff and the guy that has been behind him all of this time and helping him along the way, began making some phone calls to friends and free agents to help him out and asked them if they were interested in joining the UWA- Sting in mid 2003 was able to sign away Booker T, Big Show, Diamond Dallas Page & Fit Finlay. Three ring vets that have history with Sting and Bischoff wanted to be a part of this company, while Sting was signing those superstars and was in talks with others, Bischoff went to pursue and steal talent from the WWE. Unlike last time where he had Ted Turner’s ATM machine like wallet to buy out whoever he pleased, this time he was almost broke and needed to do things carefully and get superstars one at a time. WWE at the time released Jeff Hardy due to wellness policy and drug uses for his second strike, Bischoff approached the young wrestler and gave him a ton of promises and told him that things would be better for you in the UWA. Jeff eventually came on board and brought Matt Hardy. By Survivor Series 2003 he had the following superstars contracted.

- Elijah Burke
- Alex Shelly
- Chris Sabin
- Big Show
- Booker T
- Chavo Guerrero Jnr
- Fit Finlay
- CM Punk
- Samoa Joe
- DDP
- Jeff Hardy
- Matt Hardy
- James Storm
- Chris Harris
- William Regal
- Test
- Shane Helms
- Sean O’haire
- Rob Van Dam
- Brock Lesnar
- Jeff Jarrett

Part 4: The first UWA Show
Bischoff in March 2004, Wrestle Mania month had himself his first televised event scheduled. He had a six match card which held a blockbuster main event between Brock Lesnar & Jeff Jarett- Jarrett won the match becoming the first ever UWA heavyweight champion on their first ever Tension weekly show, Tension became a traditional Thursday event which was held all around the states- Bischoff in the coming months was able to sign more superstars, release ones he felt were no longer needed and come 2005 {where I continue from} he had his own television deal, monthly PPV deals and he was set. Vince kept an eye on him but felt currently he was no threat. He didn’t take any big action towards him.

---
December 2005 is where I continue from taking off from their 2005 major Pay Per View Starrcade, it along with the rosters and everything to do with the company currently are below
---

Rosters

Alex Shelly
Big Show
Billy Kidman
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Chavo Guerrero Jnr
Chris Benoit
Chris Harris
Chris Jericho
Chris Sabin
CM Punk
Delirious
Devon Dudley
Diamond Dallas Page
Elijah Burke
Fit Finlay
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Kevin Thorn
Kurt Angle
Marcus Cor Von
Matt Hardy
Paul London
Psychosis
Rey Mysterio Jnr
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe
Sean O’haire
Shane Helms
Shelton Benjamin
Super Crazy
Sylvester Terkay
Test
William Regal

Tag Teams
Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin – Motor City Machine Guns
Bubba Ray Dudley & Devon Dudley – Dudley Boys
Elijah Burke & Sylvester Terkai
Psychosis & Super Crazy – Mexicools
James Storm & Chris Harris – Americas Most Wanted
Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy – Hardy Boys – [Inactive but may make a one night appearance]

Misc.
Sting
Is in good terms with Bischoff, he has made a few appearances in the past

Employees Backstage
Eric Bischoff – Chairman & Owner of the company
Jeremy Borash – Backstage interviewer
Dave Prazak – Commentating Booth
Mike Tennay – Commentating Booth

Current Hall of Champions
World Champion – Brock Lesnar
Tag Team Champions – James Storm & Chris Harris
National Champion – Samoa Joe
Cruiserweight Champion – Chavo Guerrero Jnr

Wrestling Calendar

Thursdays Weekly - Tension
January – A Call to Arms
February – Souled Out
March – No Remorse
April - Fearless
May - Greed
June - Rebellion
July – Scars and Strips
August – Heat Stroke
September – Gravitational pull
October – Halloween Havoc
November - Untamed
December – Starrcade

Starrcade Card 2005

My first show – back stories behind the card are included feel free to predict

Starrace8.jpg

Gravitational Pull, three months ago crowned a new World Champion- Brock Lesnar when he pinned Kurt Angle after an F5 onto a chair while the referee was knocked out. The heel Lesnar, began to take control over the company, he would strike fear into the hearts of others. He would interrupt matches between the cruiserweights and the Nationals Division. Lesnar would run down and leave most superstars laid out in the ring ending the match via no contest, Lesnar looked to be unstoppable until Chris Jericho would wear his head in the main event scene and stand up to him. Jericho and Lesnar met on Tension, four weeks ago in a tag team match it was Lesnar & Big Show vs. Jericho & Angle this time Lesnar would bail on Big Show taking a walk up the ramp to the back and left him high and dry. Angle and Jericho won the match as a result but Jericho would continue to call Lesnar out, Lesnar would not respond. At Untamed Jericho beat the Big Show and Kurt Angle in a three way match to become the number 1# Contender, when the match was over Lesnar came through the crowd and attempted to take out Jericho but it was to no avail as Jericho would slide down Lesnar’s back when he went for an F5 and when he turned around he would be slapped in the face. Jericho fled up to the back but Lesnar was irate and began making hell around the ring destroying everything. As a result Bischoff had no other option but to make a restriction, restraining Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar from touching each other until Starrcade and if they do the match was not on. At the contract signing this past Thursday, Chris got the better of Lesnar in a battle of words as they stared each other down opposite each other on the table in the ring. Lesnar would hold back his temper for the moment and told Jericho in the last moments of the show to save his breath because come Starrcade he will knock the wind right out of him and take him out.

Starrace4.jpg

Terkay alongside his manager Elijah Burke made their debut four months ago at Heat Stroke beating Shane Helms in a singles contest, Burke and Terkay have both history in multiple mixed martial arts and different fighting styles and both have amazing history in boxing and fighting. Terkay would go undefeated defeating the likes of CM Punk, Fit Finlay, Booker T, Matt Hardy, Sean O’haire, Rey Mysterio Jnr and numerous others. He was on a roll, he was yet to be pinned and made to submit – week in and week out Burke would call out another opponent for Terkay to face and it got to a point where no one wanted to come out and face him he would have to go back there and beat people up backstage. Only recently Burke and Terkai entered the locker room and office of Bischoff and demanded a title shot be given to Terkay because of his dominance and his sheer brutal massacre he has made of the male roster. Bischoff denied the proposition and told them he would think about it if he would beat the former champion a man that could hold his own in mixed martial arts and wrestling with the best of them, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle.​

Starrace6.jpg

This the battle of best friends, a respect match. A match just to see which of the two buddies is the better wrestler; both men grew up and trained together in the independent circuit competing in ROH, TNA and now in UWA together. These two were one of the first two to get signed back in 2003, they are considered vets in UWA and have been here from the beginning but it is the first time they have met one on one on UWA Television. Samoa Joe first won the National Championship on a televised Tension event back in August when he pinned the former champion, Fit Finlay in a bell fast brawl match. When Joe came backstage, Punk was there to congratulate him and give him a round of applause, both men knew that this match was a match that everyone wanted to see and so did Bischoff- he called both men into his office after weeks of Punk accompanying Joe to the ring in title defenses and told both men that Joe’s next defense at Starrcade would be against his friend’ Punk. Both men were shocked but they promised each other that they would give it their all, not hold back and see which one is the best of them. One thing left to find out, who is it?​

Starrace3.jpg

Sean O’haire, the devil’s advocate many like to call him; he would talk people into doing what they want to do even if it isn’t the correct thing, he would convince them it would be. When Jeff hardy nearly got fired from a strike in UWA for doing drugs while on tour’ Sean came backstage and spoke to him- he told him that he works hard for his money, he can do what he likes with it and no one should be able to tell him what to do. Week in and week out Sean would confront Jeff with persuading arguments telling him to do what he pleases’ Matt though his older brother would try and tell him otherwise, insert some sense into Jeff and try and not get Jeff fired from the company. Jeff’s world was torn into two, he wasn’t sure what to do, Matt convinced Jeff to fight Sean and he would be in his corner but Jeff mind may be in something else and thinking about the things he was told from both sides of things, would he be in the mindset to compete at Starrcade or would have Sean’s plan to push Jeff aside and move higher up in the corporate ladder towards gold himself have worked? Starrcade is where it is going to go down.​

Starrace1-1.jpg

This match began when William Regal came out to protest he was the greatest wrestler on the roster, he did state facts and fact of the matter is that he did fight on the streets of Black pool England since he was a teen and knows how to go in the ring but Benoit did take offense to that remark and took it upon himself to test out his statement and challenge him to a match on Tension just under two weeks ago. Chris would go onto win the match via countout when Regal would get frustrated that he would not be able to put away the wolverine, he would then walk out and get counted out. Benoit tried to run back after him once the match was over but Regal had him scouted and Benoit fell into a trap, Benoit would chase him to the back where Regal would get there before him and when Benoit went behind the curtain’s Regal took his lights out with a led pipe to the back of the head. Benoit was diagnosed with a hard concussion and was placed on a stretcher moments later on and was about to be carried out, Regal though pushed all of the EMTs aside and with Benoit tied up on the board’ of the stretcher, Regal began to stomp away at him and pummel him with shots as Chris was defenseless; it would take numerous security guards to get Regal away from Chris. This past Thursday only days ago, Chris came into the ring during a Regal and Alex Shelly match, the match was declared a no contest when Benoit with a tapped up head, ran down with intentions to put Regal away, Regal was able to sprint to the back and out of the arena and away for the night but Bischoff did announce this match for Starrcade.​

Starrace5.jpg

Americas Most Wanted have held the titles for just over a month now winning them at Untamed defeating the Motor City Machine Guns, This match didn’t have much time for build up but it was a mere champion vs. challenger match. Dudley Boys beat the Guns’ in a Tension episode to face them at Starrcade while AMW where at ringside at commentary. Dudley boys went on to tell their opponents of their accomplishments and how many titles they have held compared to the Dudley Boys and how this match at Starrcade is going to be a walk in the park for the vets’.​

Starrace7.jpg

Two young up and comers, two of the most athletic superstars in all of UWA’ Shelton Benjamin and Rob Van Dam. Rob Van Dam has been around the block more than once in ladder matches and is pretty experienced in them but for the amount of times Benjamin has been in them he has shown that he can tango with the best of them. The winner of this match brings down a contract which allows them to face the World’s Champion whoever it may be between Jericho and Lesnar after Starrcade, in a later date of their choosing. This match is sure to excite everyone and keep everyone off of their feet. Who will come out on top?​

Starrace2.jpg

Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero Jnr made his debut five months ago with that very title, bringing it with him. He claimed to be the best cruiserweight in the WWE and that’s why he came here, to prove that he was the best in the UWA as well- the only problem is, is that UWA is home to numerous cruiserweights who have beaten Chavo in the past on different occasions if it be in WCW or the WWE. This is going to be a blast from the past for Chavo where he takes on three men who have beaten him for that title in the course of his career but what Chavo wasn’t ready for is all three of them at once in a Fatal Four Way. Four former Cruiserweight champions, four of the best in UWA going at it… who will walk out the champion?​

--
I have about half of Starrcade done, thanks for visiting.

Chance

Reaction score
You've got a really great roster, bursting with talent, and you're pushing fresher guys like Terkay and O'Haire which is great to see.

I really like the idea of Angle/Terkay, and that'll certainly be a match to watch out for.

I'm a big fan of old-school-sounding names, so I love the National Championship, it's sounds very NWA (which is good). And whilst I like the old Starcade name, it is a bit inconsistant with your backstory (since the WWE owns all the old WCW names and trademarks, this would include a number of your PPV names). But that's a small point really.

You've given Sean O'Haire a very interesting gimmick, and the backstory to his match with Jeff Hardy is the most intruiging one on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing how that match goes down, and it we'll see Jeff turn on Matt to follow O'Haire's advice.

I'm not a fan of using deceased wrestlers. I know your BTB is set in the past and everything, but I'm personally not a big fan of seeing Benoit on the show.

You've got great roster depth, with enough talent to sustain the world, national and cruiserweight divisions, and plenty of tag teams.

I'll definitely be reading and reviewing Starcade, looking forward to it. Check out my WWE Raw BTB if you get the time.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Ok, there's a lot of stuff I see that sounds ridiculous. First off Elijah Burke, and CM Punk, and even Samoa Joe weren't developed characters by 2002-2003 when they were "signed". That’s real funny. Also, a few grammar mistakes were thrown in there, but anyways the roster, and overall feel of the BTB is pretty good. Like most of your stuff. I would’ve like the results for the past pay per views to better acquaint myself with the shows past, and what not.

Chris Jericho versus Lesnar has to be the best looking match on the card. It’s two of my favorite wrestlers, and this match will just kick ass. I kind of believe you would have Jericho win since this is the big PPV, and he’s the face to take out the tyrant champion, but it is also your first real show so why would you dethrone a champion so soon? Next are Terkay and Angle. If you are talented with Terkay, and I believe you can right Angle pretty good. This could be the MOTN, with some phenomenal technical counters, and crazy spots. I’m clueless as too where you go because a Terkay push would be good, but an Angle push would be better. People do this Punk/Joe BFFL stuff to much. This is growing really repetitive tbh. The match might be good, if there is any originality in there. Everyone writes this match the same, and all the good spots have been done, but we’ll see what you’re working with. Hardy versus O’haire can be a hell of a match. If you have Matt turn, I’ll like the storyline. Beat down Matt, and turn Jeff, I’ll love it. Everything else on the roster looks alright, Chavo, Shelton, 3D, and Benoit to go over.

Looks promising, don’t let down, we need some BTB’s in here.

wwerko619

Reaction score
Really good backstory, just finished reading it, I like how you started it off with going back in time, and reckonizing all the changes in the years. I also like your roster, its pretty sick. I dont understand why you always do BTB's from 1999 and 2001 and stuff, but its really neat, and it could help new fans of WWE get a better understanding of what the busniess used to be like. But what I like even more, is the Starrcade card. Lets go down the list.

Brock Lesnar .vs. Chris Jericho, two big guys going at it for the main championship at the main show. I like both guys, but im going to have to predict Chris Jericho to take the win here. I am a winnipeg'er, which is Chris Jericho's hometown, and I think he is one of the best. Brock Lesnar will put up a great fight, and its going to come down to be a very close match. Lesnar might even get a few F-5's on Y2J, but that wont stop the Walls Of Jericho.

Kurt Angle .vs. Sylvester Terkay, now this match I dont really know what to talk about, I dont like Sylvester Terkay, I dont even know who he is tbh with you. So my opinion for this match: Kurt Angle lol.

Samoa Joe .vs. CM Punk, wow you really like these guys lol, in SWF these guys fought at the big show, and in this one too, but I cant argue, because Punk and Joe are great. One thing I dont get though is that this is a 2002 BTB, and CM Punk and Samoa Joe werent even built? But whatever, its BTB you can do whatever you want, and my prediction for this match is CM Punk, since I hate TNA, and I dislike Samoa Joe. CM Punk will beat him with the Anaconda Vise.

Jeff Hardy .vs. Sean 'O' Haire, this again, I dont know who Sean O Haire is, and Jeff Hardy is crazier than shit, so id have to say Jeff Hardy for this match. Sean Haire looks like an idiot too, and looks tell the whole story :p Yeah, Jeff's going to win, no doubt.

Chris Benoit .vs. William Regal, Hands down Benoit. I like 2002 for the simple fact is that Benoit isnt dead. William Regal was good back in 2002, and he wasent as bad as he is now, so this could go either way, but I see you pushing Chris Benoit soon, so im saying Benoit. Benoit will make Regal tap from the Cripple Crossface, and its over.

American's Most Wanted .vs. The Dudley Boyz, and again hands down Dudley Boyz. American's Most Wanted......I dont know much about them, yet I watched WWF in 2002. Weird, but Dudley Boyz will beat them down, and if they lose, well then they will take the titles at the next PPV.

Rob Van Dam .vs. Shelton Benjamin, this match is sick. Lets look at the stipulation first, Ladder Match. Now, if you put RVD, who is crazy with a ladder, and Benjamin who pretty much can do anything with a ladder, you get one hell of a match, and thats what this is here. Benjamin could win this, as im not going to favour RVD here. Shelton Benjamin in my opinion should win this bout, its going to be a great match to read, because these 2 guys are great with a ladder, this match will be one of the best 4 of the PPV. But my prediction for the match is Shelton Benjamin.

Fatal 4 Way, I dont need to talk about this match a whole lot, because I know Gregory Helms will take this one. He is one of the best cruiserweights, and he has a sweet gimmick at Hurricane. But, who might give him a run for his money is Chavo Guerrero, since he's the champ, but Helms will take the championship.

Great PPV overall, the Lesnar/Jericho match is going to be crazy, so will the RVD/Benjamin match. Good luck on the PPV, and il be in to review Starrcade. If you like, you can post comments on my new BTB, TTW. This BTB looks good Sean, I see this one lasting.

Hannah

Reaction score
Universal Wrestling Alliance Ingredients for a destined company

Greetings fellow sophonts

Can anyone tell me which ruleset uses the term Univerversal Character Profile UCP in place of the more usual term of Profile Universal Personality Profile UPP?

I know that CT, MT and T4 dont - is this a TNE term?