United States Championship?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to give it to Ryback soonish. They need to build a credible heel as champion - Riley is a perfect candidate - and have them hold the title for 200+ days before Ryback goes over them and the heel can move onto bigger things. Like Rhodes and Ziggler should've done.

The only issue with this is how do they make Ryback lose it? Maybe Aries style with the chance at a bigger title if he sacrifices his current one?

Oh and maybe Ambrose - though I think he could probably be above it if they debut him correctly.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but how else are they gonna build him up? If he's gonna be squashing midcarders weekly anyway, he might as well do it while giving the belt credibility.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Ambrose stealing the titles and breaking it would be a cool story to go. Ambrose can then introduce a new revamped US title not dragged down by the amounts of fail that has sippered into the old one.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
Yeah but how else are they gonna build him up? If he's gonna be squashing midcarders weekly anyway, he might as well do it while giving the belt credibility.

Have him feud with a main eventer who's dropped down, like Big Show. Give Big Show a few tag-team burial segments, saying he wants to end that division for some unknown reason. Ryback interrupts, bam.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Santino winning it was just something for the Ace vs Teddy storyline, so it was OK. But him holding the title until now is horrible. There are so many young guys who could benefit from having a decent run with the championship, anything would be better than what we have now. Slater winning would be the best way to go, currently. It'd be nice.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes Santino having the belt? I actually like him all round both in ring and out, he's funny too, it's just a shame I don't think he will ever challenge for the WWE title :(.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
Am I the only one that likes Santino having the belt? I actually like him all round both in ring and out, he's funny too, it's just a shame I don't think he will ever challenge for the WWE title :(.

I don't think many have a problem with Santino have the belt, just the fact that he never defends it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:

:sad:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't like overly comedic characters. Santino is charismatic, can work, is talented and all but a comedy character shouldn't be near the WWE title and shouldn't run around with the US title for so long for no reason without defending it. If he had that badass Russian gimmick he had in OVW he could be the champ as far as I'm concerned.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:

youre newer to santino's character than the rest of us if i remember correctly. most of us loved him last year, but he's just not done anything for quite a while so it's just gotten a bit boring