Unhappiness and speculation within WWE on drug testing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Source: Wrestling Observer

There is said to be some strong unhappiness regarding the drug testing in WWE recently and more specifically in the wake of what happened with Umaga (Eddie Fatu). While there has always been a problem with fines for smoking marijuana, the big issue seems to be with how legit the testing process is when it comes to some of the bigger stars in the company and if they are being excused. While there is no real evidence to indicate this actually took place, there was discussion among WWE talent in the last few months seeming to indicate that a big star failed a steroid test and that it was covered up.

Others in the company who don't feel it is true point to Jeff Hardy as an example of how a big star who was suspended just shortly before WrestleMania 24 in 2008 and that it doesn't matter what spot you are in or how popular you are. Either way, it got people talking backstage and created some interesting conversations.

Thoughts?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Entirely plausible.

Anybody here really think that they would ever actually bust Cena, HHH, or Undertaker?

I don't think so.

Reaction score
i think they are using the drug test as a means to get rid of unwanted talented without getting sued for unfair dismissal as the breach of the test amounts to serious breach of contract and an easy ground for dismissal. as for the top talent they are turning a blind eye like they have always done in the past.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think the big stars they would definitely cover up like hhh or cena.

chessarmy

I was going to ask you the same thing.

:confused:

Anyway, while its messed up that WWE doesn't treat everyone fairly when it comes to the drug testing thing, its probably the smartest thing to do. Nobody wants to see Taker, Trips, Cena, Orton, or any of the top guys who are involved with major storylines leave for a few months.

Travis40

I don't think it's true. They couldn't afford to have another Benoit...

Wrestling Station

I dont think its Batista, as if Batista took some steriods; he would have looked as big as before. He looks like half his original size of body 5 years ago. So no.

As to whom im thinking they covered it up for? I would go for HHH. He always bump up while his body is out of shape trying to make it look good but fails to convince that his body looks old.

Im surprised that they gave Jeff a strong hope in him and made him a bigger star just after him being convicted with drug addiction! I do think that WWE are just lacking star power thats why they kept him in the business and im pretty sure that once they get a big name or develop a new big name they will get rid off Jeff ASAP.

Airfixx

^^^^Nah, Batitsa doesn't look like he does steroids at all..... :roll:

.......LOL x 10000000. :rofl:

By the way Jeff didn't get "convicted" of anything and they certainly don't test for drug "addiction".

the dark knight

yea for a body building fan he sure cant seem to get the details right..

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't believe that either Jeff Hardy or Randy Orton would be nailed for their third strike until they become stagnant and unpopular.

Until then I'm sure Jeff can have all the meth he wants so long as he keeps getting huge reactions.