Undertaker 'Virtually Retired'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- While it's not official yet, the internal thought within WWE is that The Undertaker is basically retired, which explains Michelle McCool leaving to spend more time with him at home.

The Observer reports that The Undertaker is in far worse physical shape than is being let on. WWE officials aren't ruling Taker out for WrestleMania 28 in 11 months but don't expect him to work another match before then. People close to Taker have talked to him about retiring at WrestleMania 28 with his streak at 20-0.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Not exactly anything ground breaking or whatever. I also may incur the wrath of some as well, but I kind of hope he is retired after the next match at Mania because I'm honest to god bored to death of the guy.

AF.

Reaction score
I'm sick of him being the only match at Mania that gets attention, time and actually has the chance to be epic.

Once Shawn and Taker are gone WWE are gonna have to find some more WrestleMania show stealers, and I'm glad about that. I'm not bored of Taker, it seems as though he and Shawn are the only guys at Mania that get to have that ****+ match while others get shafted.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much was saying weeks back that I wouldn't be surprised to see Taker only work a mania match or Summerslam as well at that.

Kairi

Reaction score
this doesn't surprise me honestly, and i think it's cool michelle wants to spend some time with him but i don't count her out from completely coming back sometime in the future

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
I'm glad, if this is true. Not because I have a particular dislike for the man, but because for years all we've heard is reports about his health and hopefully now he'll be able to get on with his life without having to work through/add to the pain.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. It's been said for a while his shoulder was so bad that when Taker went to have it looked at, they said because he had been putting of surgery for so long they couldn't operate and repair the damage.

moo2k4

Reaction score
Again, something that's not shocking at all. He's getting up there in age and has been in the business for well over 20 years, and has all been involved in some of the most brutal matches the WWE has seen. I'm fully expecting his complete retirement after WrestleMania next year, and goes out 20-0 at the event.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Good riddance. He's been stale for years and no one with a spine would say he's as good/interesting as he used to be.