Undertaker Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

He just needs to take some time off around Survivor Series time and then return around WrestleMania, no real need to start the retirement angle in a hurry.

Dwes

Reaction score
They need to stop putting him in mathces, or bringing him back early. It's like they want him to get hurt.

sterlyman

seems like every1 is counting out taker... we will have to see what happens i guess.. best thing to do would be give him a short break and see how he hop... i think he is tough enough to wrestle and not complain... hopefully he got a few months left

Airfixx

^^^^"A few months left"?

Sounds like YOU are "counting" him out more than most. :roll:

The Rated R CMStar

I find it stupid that WWE doesn't have Taker wrestling on weekly shows, I assume to protect him, yet they have him wrestle in stupid house shows. I understand the point of bringing him early, for HIAC against Edge, but after that he shouldn't have wrestled.

Also, if he's hurting his knees, stop doing the Tombstone Piledriver. Bring back the Gogoplata, against the commands of Vickie Guerrero.

Airfixx

Well ther name does sound rather stupid & somewhat un-intimidating(rather than dangerous).... Hardly fitting of Takers character (think Tomb Stone, Last Ride... They have death-derived slant to them) plus they were indirectly implying that it was devised by Taker so unless he relealed the name in a promo or sumthin' the commentators aren't meant to know what it's called.

Moonlight Drive

Well most other moves they just say 'He calls that the _____________' or a commentator could've named it, like how Mr. Perfect gave Michaels the HBK name. It seemed dumb to call it 'Undertakers chokehold' for months.

=/

Airfixx

...Or 'The Last Breath' maybe?

'The Reaper's Carress?' : P

Well most other moves they just say 'He calls that the _____________' or a commentator could've named it,

Taker is not like other CHARACTERS.

I can't remember how they came to calling it a 'Last Ride', but I bet it wasn't King or JR that, because if it was left to the approach you suggest it would have just been called an modified or elevated powerbomb.

like how Mr. Perfect gave Michaels the HBK name.

That's not the same thing, but in reality that's how all nicknames are born - You don't decide what other people call you (otherwise I'd have all my friends call me Mr. Big Dick Lady Killer The Third! LOL).

It seemed dumb to call it 'Undertakers chokehold' for months.
=/

It made total sense to me.

The Rated R CMStar

The only problem was that Michael Cole didn't call it the Undertaker's Chokehold, he just named it, even at the WM main event:

wait for it

THAT SUBMISSION MANEUVER

Airfixx

The only problem was that Michael Cole didn't call it the Undertaker's Chokehold, he just named it, even at the WM main event:

wait for it

THAT SUBMISSION MANEUVER

That's just Cole being crap... (I fail to see how he can be so bad at calling a Taker (of all people) match. There's a million and one cliche's to use but he's just incapable of stringing them together with any kind of insight etc. )

Your comments have nothing to do with the logic of them not calling it a Gogoplata or knowing what to call it period.

JTG

Reaction score
The Sun said:
Sting says he'd still like to have one match against The Undertaker. "If there was something missing in my career, that would be it."

The storyline you could do for that would be easy. Sting drops from the ceiling to cost Undertaker the 30 Man Royal Rumble by using his bat.

The match has been going on for a while. Undertaker hits a clothesline and then grabs Sting by the throat. Undertaker gives Sting the chokeslam and picks him up in the Last Ride position, but Sting connects with fists to the head. Undertaker is backed into the corner. Sting runs and misses the Stinger Splash. Undertaker sets Sting up for the Tombstone, but Sting hits a Scorpion Death Drop…1...2...Undertaker kicks out! Sting gets Undertaker up and goes for a suplex, but Undertaker reverses it and gives Sting snake eyes. Staggering, Sting backs up toward Undertaker, who hoists Sting and Tombstones him! Undertaker covers Sting and gets the three-count!