Undertaker Returning??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^Said it elsewhere before, but Cena ending the streak could be the catalyst for the biggest heel turn since Hogan/NWO.

On the other hand... Why 'give' Angle the streak?

(I won't go into your rediculously implying how the biggest draw in WWE ISN'T "worth" a WM match...)

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Cena doesn't deserve to end the streak. Said this too many times. Only reason you guys see this as a possibility is because of Cena's ridicilous booking. He's just clearly not good enough for that. He's not so stop it.

Give Jack Swagger a decent gimmick and give him Cena's superman reign, and i'd have more fun discussing who taker should pass the torch too.

Cena? No fucking way

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous. Suggesting that Angle should be the one to end the streak or suggesting that Cena isn't good enough to end it.

Having Angle end the streak would make no sense at all. It's the same reason it wouldn't have made any sense for Shawn Michaels to end the streak this year. There's just no way to justify giving someone close to 40 or even older than 40 a win over the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. No reason for it at all.

On the other side of that, I have heard it suggested many times that they should give this to a young up and coming guy to really get them over. I have never agreed with this. To give it to a guy like Ted DiBiase would be a mistake. It's become to significant of a record to give it to someone with potential, but is unproven.

There are only two guys currently on the roster that would make sense to have end the streak. John Cena and Randy Orton. Obviously neither guy needs this victory, but they are just the most logical choices. Both are obviously proven and given their age (I believe Orton is 29 and Cena is 32), they are clearly the future of the WWE for about the next 10 years. In Cena's case, it would be the perfect way to turn him heel as Airfixx mentioned. As for Orton, while he is already the top heel in the company, this could be the thing that puts a stamp on it and could solidify him as one of the biggest heels ever.

Travis40

There are only two guys currently on the roster that would make sense to have end the streak. John Cena and Randy Orton. Obviously neither guy needs this victory, but they are just the most logical choices. Both are obviously proven and given their age (I believe Orton is 29 and Cena is 32), they are clearly the future of the WWE for about the next 10 years. In Cena's case, it would be the perfect way to turn him heel as Airfixx mentioned. As for Orton, while he is already the top heel in the company, this could be the thing that puts a stamp on it and could solidify him as one of the biggest heels ever.

Orton please. There have been tons of great Orton/Taker matches (WM 21, HIAC, Casket Match), but the Cena/Taker matches have been less than stellar. I really doubt WWE would turn Cena heel just for one fued.

Reaction score
but the Cena/Taker matches have been less than stellar.
Cena is about twice the worker today than he was when they were feuding back in 2003. Add in what would surely be an incredibly hot crowd for the biggest star in the company vs. the man that is 17-0 at Wrestlemania, and it has the potential to be an incredible match.

I really doubt WWE would turn Cena heel just for one fued.
Nobody is suggesting that they turn him heel for one feud though. It would be the beginning of a long heel run for Cena. I'm not suggesting that they should turn Cena heel as he's still incredibly popular and the companies biggest money maker, but they have the option and a victory over the Undertaker would be a great way to turn him heel. It doesn't have to be this year either. I realize that Taker is getting older, but I still see him going for a few more years. If it was in 3 years and he was going for 20-0 but Cena defeated him, that could be epic and the perfect way and by then probably time for a Cena heel run.

Personally I think Taker will retire undefeated at Wrestlemania. I just think that Orton and Cena are the only two logical and realistic choices if they do plan to end the streak.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I swear Cena's not as hard a worker as he was back then. The fuck is he working for now? Fighting Big Show and "selling" injuries that just magically disappear after the most brutal beatdown of the entire feud when he could barely walk to the ring to make it to that brutal beatdown?

Cena's not working anywhere near as hard as he was before. It's even evident in his promos. Granted he cut one which I said was pretty good this week against The Miz, but you can credit some of that to the fact that he sorta shut Miz up, and Miz recently has been the greatest thing the WWE has on a microphone.

And there's suggestions Taker might stick around to fight a 20th Mania match, which, by that time, DiBiase could be ready for (since you believe he's just unproven, which I'll give you). If DiBiase does prove himself by that time, why not give it to him? Why give it to Cena, who you can't replace as a face (and that will kill any face value he's got). Don't give it to Orton, he failed already. If anyone was going to fail and then break it, Kane should have been that Superstar. But we won't see that.

3 year's time, DiBiase could be that guy.

Airfixx

^^^^"I swear Cena's not as hard a worker as he was back then"

Back when, dude?

Cena doesn't deserve to end the streak. Said this too many times. Only reason you guys see this as a possibility is because of Cena's ridicilous booking. He's just clearly not good enough for that. He's not so stop it.

No-one's said it was a "possibility".... I just like the idea given the viable options they have.

Give Jack Swagger a decent gimmick and give him Cena's superman reign, and i'd have more fun discussing who taker should pass the torch too.

So it's Cena's technical abilities you have a problem with?

He's from that Hogan/SCSA-esque 'less is more'-mould.... In terms of ability are you effectively saying they weren't 'up to it' either?

Beer

I find it ridiculous how you guys are saying that Cena is a bad wrestler. He obviously isn't. The WWE aren't stupid. They know what they are doing. If Cena is really a bad wrestler, he wouldn't be in the position he's in now.