Under The Dome

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Anyone check this out yet?

Premiered this last Monday and it was actually pretty good. Never read the book, but I always like to give shows a chance that kind of fall into the "Lost" genre. Marked for Jeff Fahey aka Frank Lapidus being in the show and then cried when it looked like he was done for. The show has potential and I'll keep watching just to see what the hell is going on.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Saw the Simpsons movie, so I feel like I've already seen it.

Kind of sucks knowing that South Park was right when they said "Simpsons did it!"

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Absolutely loved the first episode and it caught me waiting for next week.

Really strong opening, never read the book but enjoying this show. Great thread.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah I watched the first episode the day it aired even though I didn't plan to and said no to Andrew when he asked me if I was going to that day, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I also never read the book btw. Quite a strong opening with a very compelling story. The mystery behind the show and each character is so intriguing. I can't wait for next week to see what happens next. Also really like that Dean Norris from Breaking Bad is in the show. Those teenage characters were quite frustrating though especially with their acting. But man I did end up hating that guy towards the end who has an obsession with that girl.

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Looks like a really good show so far. Lots of storylines already set up, or rather altercations and such. So plenty to work with in a dome setting.

Though Dean Norris is still Hank Schrader to me!

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
have heard lots of good things about the show, I'll have to check it out tonight as the wife and I are in need of a new show or 2 to watch after the kids go to bed... I'll give my thoughts tomorrow

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I really enjoyed the first episode but it was a lot of setup so sustainability should be proven in the next two episodes. I also heard at one point it was a Miniseries anyone know if it's a mini series or if it's an actual series?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
yeah Hollywood, I was wondering the same thing.... if it's gonna be an actual series, then I wasn't a big fan of the premiere.. if it's a miniseries, then I am... There was just too much jumbled in to that first episode and as other people said some of the acting was just really bad..... I'm probably gonna check out the next 2 or 3 because it did grab my attention, but my hopes have been dwindled quite a bit

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I just feel sorry for the cow in the beginning.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Watched the second episode not too long ago and really enjoyed it again. The way it leaves me wanting to watch more. The mystery behind it all and the characters and unpredictability of it is great. Have to say though, once again I didn't really enjoy the acting of the teenagers (or young) characters in the show.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Saw the Simpsons movie, so I feel like I've already seen it.

Kind of sucks knowing that South Park was right when they said "Simpsons did it!"

They actually referenced the Simpsons movie in the 3rd episode... one kid said another kid was watching it on a loop trying to find clues on how to get out.... thought you might get a kick out of that..

Anyway, just watched the third episode last night and I've now seen enough to know that this show pretty much sucks... the first one left me intrigued to see what would happen next, the second one went nowhere but I still saw possibilities for some good plotlines, the third was worse than the second so I think I'm done with the show....

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
‘Under the Dome’ Renewed for Season 2; Stephen King to Write First Episode

No surprise, given what a success it's been this summer, but CBS began their presentation at TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today with the announcement that Under the Dome has been renewed for Season 2. The show will once again air in the summer, returning in 2014 for 13 new episodes.

When the show began, executive producer Brian K. Vaughan spoke about the hope that Stephen King, whose book the show is based on, would write episodes for the series, like George R.R. Martin does with Game of Thrones. That will indeed be the case in Season 2, with King writing the Season 2 premiere.

“We’re excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester's Mill, and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season,â€￾ said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler.

I'm really enjoying this show and find it to be very intriguing. Yes it can feel average at times though in particular the acting of some characters but it's not that bad. Something to watch atm. A filler show. I really don't understand the hate for it but I must say I really don't know how they can do that many episodes with this kind of show. Maybe it should of been a mini-series? Maybe S1 is the dome coming down, S2 dives into the characters and story more with big Jim and then S3 they find a way out?

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I watched the first two episodes but haven't felt the need at all to watch any episodes since. Never really hooked me in apart from Dean Norris and thats only because he's on Breaking Bad. It really doesnt seem like the kind of premise you can keep going for several seasons especially with the small town setting.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
What an amazing episode that was.

Made sense to what the 'Pink stars are falling in lines' meant.

Kairi

Reaction score
i have been watching this on demand always the day after. i'm personally not surprised it got renewed for a second season but i am on the fence as if i will make it through the entire first season. some things i really like some i don't but we will see what happens.