Umaga

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattC13

Reaction score
I would rather him have another feud with HHH after spending some time in the mid card because it would build him up as a monster. He really has to have a good credible feud in the mid card before he can even face one of the top heels on Smackdown to me.

He was top heel on Raw in late 06 early 07, then went down to midcard mid 07. If they're going to build him up they shouldn't take more then 2-3 months to put him on a high card.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
tbh Umaga needed Estrada (or someone of his ilk) to properly turn face and be accepted.

He can't do it without talking. How does a savage go from heel to face? He needs a mouth piece.

Though I also think the entire character needs a handler but that's another topic.

Airfixx

He has a limited character, but I like Umaga.

Bring him back S-T-R-O-N-G with a manager by his side(***)... Crush Funaki, Jesse and any other 'disposable' faces, slightly harder fought victories over maybe Matt Hardy, Finlay, Truth and the like and then, the one many want to see, a fued him with Taker.

(***OR.... As previously suggested above, give him a handler a la Kamala/Kimchee. Explain that since he has been away he has become more in touch with the savage side of his being and that he can no longer be left to roam free around the WWE. This would still require a manager to give the moster and his handler direction/instruction within the storyline, but I like the idea of a mystery managerial entity being behind Umaga and the handler being deployed to destroy Taker... A bit like when Whipleman sent all his monsters after Taker around 93/94 but cloaked in secrecy... Plus you have a good ol' fashioned "who is it?" storyline to revolve around whoever you like when it's time to reveal who's been pulling the strings - Whether it be Edge, maybe a heel HHH or something fresher still).

Once Taker's eventually done with him have him trickle back down the card and have him fued with Kennedy whilst clashing with any face champs in the interim (and if he's still about when guys like Ken, MVP, Jeff & co. have cemented their perceived future ME spots then you have a good monster to throw at them when needed).

Realistically though, the only gold I see in his future would be ECW.