Umaga

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Heel or face? How would you like him to return?
Face could be refreshing, because he's never really been pushed liek that, and SD has a ton of monsters liek Kozlov and Henry who ar eon there frequently. But on the other hand, a feud with Taker is tempting.
Thoughts?

MattC13

Reaction score
First face, then heel. I'd liek to see him continue a domination streak as a face, win the US title, and somehow contend for the WWE title in late spring next year before turning heel and facing Taker at Summerslam.

Wordlife

^thats how I had it in my mind too.... btw, does anyone know an exact return date for Umaga... and Kennedy too? Like in action fighting type of return date?

Dre

Reaction score
Umaga is better off as a heel because having a monster character as a face always fails miserably. Just look at Kane & Abyss as good examples.

chessarmy

I'm not sure Umaga as a babyface would work, I'd rather see him return as a heel. A feud with Taker could be awesome I'm sure those two would put on some great matches. It can also help elevate Umaga after missing so much time.

But then again, if The Great Khali can turn face then I guess anyone can lol

edgehead099

Reaction score
When umaga comes back I think they should push him as a monster heel. If you recall they tried pushing umaga babyface around summerslam 2007 and he got little pop from the crowd so they turned him heel fast. I dont see him having a good face run and I think ecw would fit him better as a monster heel then smackdown since koslov looks like there monster heel.

Reaction score
Is everyone forgetting his brief stint as a face/tweener back in ... 07 I believe? There was a short reign there with him as a face/tweener and it failed, and failed badly too. I personally didn't mind the idea, it was nice to see them try it, but the crowd didn't react to him well.

Bring him back as a heel, if he gets the chance put him against Kozlov for a face/tweener turn. The "promo"s they could cut would be funny...

edgehead099

Reaction score
Is everyone forgetting his brief stint as a face/tweener back in ... 07 I believe? There was a short reign there with him as a face/tweener and it failed, and failed badly too. I personally didn't mind the idea, it was nice to see them try it, but the crowd didn't react to him well.

Bring him back as a heel, if he gets the chance put him against Kozlov for a face/tweener turn. The "promo"s they could cut would be funny...

yea i mentioned that good call though seeing we agree and rember

MattC13

Reaction score

I think the reason it failed because it was really sudden.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I would like to see a face Umaga, it could turn out interesting. He also needs to ditch the gibberish language.

Wasn't he feuding with Kennedy Kennedy? I wonder if they'll continue that feud.

seX-Power

^ Umaga needs to come back as a heel, and quickly establish dominance. A small face run would be cool, but the WWE wouldn't do it after it failed last time. He might resume his feud with Kennedy as neither are doing anything right now, but Umaga squashed him before he got injured. A feud with Taker would be epic, but I think that he needs a move to Raw as he has already gone against most faces.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
^Rofl, he moved from Raw.

I think the biggest problem with Umaga as a heel is when he got drafted, most of the faces he had already feuded with moved with him so it gave him no fresh competition. I would like to see him return as a heel because there are always feuds that can still happen and the one I would most like to see being Hurricane Helms(cut the hair) and Umaga. A lot of people would expect me to say Taker but I would save that till Summerslam or even Survivor Series of next year.

So Heel it is for me.

seX-Power

^ I know that, phool. But he moved to Smackdown with all the guys he had already beaten. The two biggest faces on SD, he has already feuded with too much. And he shouldn't be stuck in the mid card forever.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
But does WWE expect us to remember that, no.

I would rather him have another feud with HHH after spending some time in the mid card because it would build him up as a monster. He really has to have a good credible feud in the mid card before he can even face one of the top heels on Smackdown to me.