Umaga so underated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
my idea is... no mouthpiece or manager for Umaga... instead, have him start cutting promos in very broken english where he screws up a lot, but he doesn't realize he's screwing up... that would endear him a little more to fans and help his face turn and also add a little comedy... THEN... have his opponents laughing and shitting on his promos and mic work in general... this would help maintain his fierce temper and motivation as a beast...

I just hate the idea of mouthpiece managers basically...

straight_edge76

I have liked Umaga since his 3 Minute Warning Days. He is a above-average worker. He can really move for somebody his size, I think that after his face turn is official (I Think he is a Tweener) he will use less of the spike and more of the Samoan Slam (What I like to call his Spinning Side Slam thingy) asd a fininsher. I think he will drop the IC title and slowly get a main event push. He would be a better fit om ECW IMO.

CenaMark54

my idea is... no mouthpiece or manager for Umaga... instead, have him start cutting promos in very broken english where he screws up a lot, but he doesn't realize he's screwing up... that would endear him a little more to fans and help his face turn and also add a little comedy... THEN... have his opponents laughing and shitting on his promos and mic work in general... this would help maintain his fierce temper and motivation as a beast...

I just hate the idea of mouthpiece managers basically...

Mouthpiece managers are really only needed for heels. Heels traditionally have to be stronger on the mic and in the ring. So when you have a heel who can't talk, you need a manager to get him over (Lesnar for example).

Faces who suck on the mic can get by without managers. (See Hardy, Jeff or Hardy, Matt)

Soulpower

^^True. The problem with Umaga is that he doesn't just suck on the mic, he doesn't speak period. But anyways, if he's booked correctly, Umaga could be a successful face. Hell he got a big pop in New York in his first as a face... So far so good.

catacomb31

Reaction score
what makes umaga overated is two words: samoan spike

I can tape up my thumb and stick it in someones throat and it will hurt just as much. LAME!!

Great One

^^^Yeah, you would probably kill the person. You couldn't sell it NEARLY as well as Umaga does.

CenaMark54

what makes umaga overated is two words: samoan spike

I can tape up my thumb and stick it in someones throat and it will hurt just as much. LAME!!

You could also do the pedigree if you wanted. Does that make HHH overrated? I'm sure you could do the stone cold stunner. That must make Austin overrated. What about the Rock bottom? How hard can that be.

The Samoan Spike is a credible finisher. Just because you can do it, doesn't make it any less credible.

Trips V.2

Reaction score
^^ Good point.

People need to stop trashing Umaga because after all the cynicism about his in ring work while he was running through people, he's proven himself to be a good worker, be entertaining and still hold our attention. Umaga has played his part just as monsters are supposed to.

1) Be dominant and scary.
2) Pose a legitimate threat to the top guy.
3) Lose to the top guy and become a good guy.

Umaga now is going to slowly become a gimmick wrestler like Kamala, Kane, etc., etc.

vickymania

Reaction score
give him credit for still being the IC champion..and not many in the RAW locker room are disturbing him with his title..people who challenged him lost fair and clear..when Regal made a 3 - way title match between him,carlito and kennedy at a house show event,he defeated them as well..he may not be the best with the gimmick stuff and antics but he wrestles really well..everyone keeps a fair distance from him,even the best including Cena and Orton..