Ultimate Warrior Had A Downfall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
One of my husbands favorite wrestlers of all time was the Ultimate Warrior. He had some great matches and feuds. However, who thinks his downfall came when he started the feud with Papa Shango long before his career should have come to an end?

dexterlablab1

Reaction score
Ultimate Warrior's downfall began because he would "go against the grain" of what everyone else was doing at the time. Meaning being secondary to Hulk Hogan. Because he wouldn't follow suit to that (and why should he), the wrestling world slowly began to demonize him.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's one of my all time faves and the hatchet job of a DVD on him was a disgrace, but there was some truth in there.

He is a mark for himself and in a world of his own, his attitude seems the main reason as to why he wasn't a star on the level of Hogan. I mean, you're gonna go to your boss before the main event of a PPV and blackball him for half a mil dollars?

Plus he got busted for steds while Vince was on trial. Zany guy, but didn't realise what he had going for him. I'd say he had a HOF worthy career but he could of been so much more, talking on the Austin/Rock level.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Warrior ruined Warrior. Or in Vince's terminology... Warrior Screwed Warrior. He pretty much had everything handed to him on a silver platter and would have had a nice career but... he just wanted more and more money. He had the tailor made fued that involved him, Undertaker, and Roberts but... the Summer fiasco ended that. So I think in a way for that in getting Warrior back he had to do some sort of dumb feud which inserts the Papa Shango vomiting thing.

So I think his true downfall began with SummerSlam when he held up the main event for money. After that it was pretty much academic as he never recovered as a character from that time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Much of what everyone has said is true and the fact that he just wasn't good enough and couldn't connect with the fans long term like Hogan did.

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
He connected with some fans, but he did not have as popular a base. I guess that is what you get for having a doctor as a wrestler? I mean he did have a great career and I seen he was stirring up some stuff in the past couple of years about trying to come back and my husband was excited, but how could you let someone who has the controversy following him like this to come back?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Warrior had charisma and captivated people for a short time.

He just did offbeat things that made it difficult to promote him. Plus he's a nut and an asshole in real life.

I met him once and let's just say it was a bad experience. Racist fuck.

dexterlablab1

Reaction score
Warrior had charisma and captivated people for a short time.

He just did offbeat things that made it difficult to promote him. Plus he's a nut and an asshole in real life.

I met him once and let's just say it was a bad experience. Racist fuck.

Wait a minute, Ultimate Warrior was prejudice?...yeah...that sure as hell makes me lose any love I had for the guy.

Waynefire

Reaction score
His downfall was he did not know what he had going for him. He could have helped carry the "torch" to a different level, but he let it slip away from him. Almost like he did not care that he was throwing away a great career or a high paying career at that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wait a minute, Ultimate Warrior was prejudice?...yeah...that sure as hell makes me lose any love I had for the guy.
He doesn't like homos either.