UFC's Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Looking to Quit MMA in Two Years

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0060588817.jpg
In a recent interview, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson made it known that he would rather be making movies than fighting. Saying "As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm gone." He now has clarified those statements by speaking to ESPN and saying that the only sure thing is that he only has two years of fighting left in him:

"I've always said I'll retire when I'm 35. I don't want to fight past 35. There are young guys coming in and doing good. I've been fighting for a long time and it's no secret that I don't fight the same way I used to.

"I've got a lot of injuries, one or two things that bother me. But when I'm fighting, the injuries don't bother me, it's the training that gets old. Going through each camp I go through all these pains and think, 'Man I don't want to do this anymore'. But after the fight I say, 'OK, I'll give it one more'. So who knows?

While I've always enjoyed Jackson as a fighter, it would be very interesting to see a fighter follow through on a long term plan to get out of the game before getting too old. This is a combat sports world that sees a horribly faded (and flat out shot) Roy Jones Jr. traveling to Germany this weekend, the same combat sports world that saw Gary Goodridge hang around MMA and kickboxing taking beatings for years past the time to call it quits. This is a line of work that tends to hang on to men for far longer than makes sense.

If Jackson finds his way out at a reasonable age and can still make money to support his family, who am I to begrudge him that?