UFC Undisputed 3' first full-match video release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Mat

Was Mr. Kennedy Going To Win The Title On Tuesday?

WWE was thrown into disarray this week by a rash of injuries to major stars. When the smoke cleared, Edge was the new World Heavyweight Champion representing the Smackdown brand.

Things began falling apart when Undertaker went down with a torn biceps. It was a major tear, to the point where one head of the muscle rolled up his arm and you could see it through the skin. He is scheduled to undergo surgery soon and will be out of action at least six months. Undertaker had been told that this would be the first long-term championship run of his career, and there were no imminent plans to take the belt off of him. He had trimmed down significantly and was in the best physical shape of his career, largely in preparation for working his hardest house show schedule in years.

Taker was insistent that he drop the title in the ring as opposed to vacating it due to injury. The decision was made to book a cage match between Taker and Batista for the May 8th Smackdown tapings. Batista, however, was not scheduled to win the belt. Although he had appeared on Raw the night before to announce that he was going to use his Money in the Bank title shot at WrestleMania, the plan was actually for Mr. Kennedy to cash in after the Undertaker vs. Batista match, when both were bloody and defeated, and win the title. But then Kennedy went down with a triceps tear and those plans went out the window for the time being.

Because the decision had been made internally not to put the belt back on Batista at this point, someone was needed to take Kennedy's place. Edge was chosen because of the feeling that there is no one else on the heel side that can draw at this point (Orton is out of the question for all the reasons written about each week, plus he'll be fed to Hunter upon Hunter's return), and Vince McMahon doesn't want any other babyface champions at the moment outside of Cena.

Great One

Holy shit, Kennedy was actually scheduled to win the title? I hate to say it, but it might of just been better for Kennedy's career for him to get injured.

eggthief

Reaction score
Yes he might have lost a lot of popularity if he cashed it in after the cage match, since he's turning more face now.

Truth

Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason, and his triceps injury happened to save him some time to prepare for being a major champion. He'll need some fued time with Edge to get this experience and help him once he does win the belt, everything has played out for the better no matter how it may look to all you hardcore Kennedy fans.

MJ807

Reaction score
Yeah I'm glad Kennedy didn't cash in the money in the bank he would have been a major heel if that were to happen. I say keep the titleon Edge have Kennedy win the Rumble and then Edge vs Kennedy at WM 24.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;vD1GkSoBIlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vD1GkSoBIlY[/video]

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of the ground controls in the last video game, this looks like a pretty big upgrade.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Looks pretty cool and surprised it took em this long to add entrances in the game. Wonder if you create somebody do you get to upload your own theme.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the new camera angle and the submission system looks terrible. I'm not sure why they're so against using a basic button mashing tug of war system in the MMA games like they do in the wrestling ones, considering that sort of scheme would absolutely suit it. Whatever though, I guess any change is an upgrade on the awful one in 2009 & 2010. What I've seen so far basically looks like much of the same, no huge changes. It'll be interesting to see what the improvements will be to the career mode and stuff, hopefully it's a lot better than 2010 (even though I didn't think it was dreadful like a lot of people.)

OMR

Reaction score
some Q&A about the game
[video=youtube;y67NBn3SbPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y67NBn3SbPo[/video]

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Looks good, i think when doing submissons and what not that red and blue octagon that pops up would annoy me.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS – Break some hearts and some bones on Valentine's Day 2012.

The latest installment of the award-winning "UFC Undisputed" videogame franchise is slated for a Feb. 14 release, according to company executives.

"UFC Undisputed 3" follows two bestselling versions of the game, and this coming year, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva graces the cover of the retooled game, which is available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The first installment of "UFC Undisputed" debuted in May 2009 and the second in May 2010. The most adventurist MMA title to date, "Undisputed" had sold millions of copies, earned very positive reviews, and won an array of industry awards. The game was developed by Yuke's and is published by THQ.

"UFC Undisputed 3" includes the addition of the UFC's bantamweight and featherweight divisions, as well as a "PRIDE rules" game-play option and fighter walkouts.

The upcoming version also has updated gameplay options that allow for simpler controls in the sometimes-complex title. New positions such as a standing guillotine choke and seated positions against the cage were also implemented. Additionally, fighters can now sway on the floor to avoid damage, and the bouts conclude with a FightMetric-style data presentation.

"'UFC Undisputed 3' is on track to deliver an incredible virtual MMA experience unlike any other," Danny Bilson, executive vice president of core games at THQ, recently stated. "This product is intense, engaging and highly competitive while still being extremely accessible, making it a must-have for millions of UFC fans, traditional fighting game enthusiasts and more casual sports fans around the world."

Silva recently beat out Frankie Edgar, Jon Jones, Georges St-Pierre and Cain Velasquez in a fan vote to earn cover status.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
anderson-silva-ufc-undisputed-3.jpg