UFC Signs Canadian TV Deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
I would Rep you but I have to spread Rep to other people before I can rep you again. Nice Post

Ben

Reaction score

Oh, Canada.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) today announced a new, four-year deal with Rogers Sportsnet that will expand its televised programming on the popular Canadian network.
And UFC President Dana White couldn't be happier (via Sportsnet.ca):
"We’re excited to announce a new deal with Rogers Sportsnet that will put the UFC in millions of homes in Canada. Canada is an amazing market for this sport and we look forward to bringing the fans more UFC programming. We’re happy to have a strong television partner in Canada like Rogers Sportsnet."
In addition to the successful Ultimate Fighter (TUF) series, the broadcast deal is expected to add a "consistent" schedule of UFC programming including Fight Night telecasts, UFC "Prelims," non pay-per-view international events other related content.

Good stuff there huge in Canada and this gives them a even bigger reach in terms of attracting new fans. Need some new deals in the US though, Spike TV is a solid outlet, but they need more options, really hope they can find a way to get a network TV deal done, Fox is the perfect fit imo.