UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs. Guida

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guida pussed out big time.

I like the guy but he ruined this and the Pettis fight too.

Dana doesnt sound too happy on Twitter.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Not sure if it's related or anything but they even cancelled the live streaming of the post fight press conference.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
the show was to be from 9 til 11... so I set my timer to record til 1105... yep cut out at the end of the 3rd... I was like dang it.

But from what I saw from the first 3... lotta movement and little action from Guida... and a very pissed off Maynard.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it was weird, i've never seen Guida get booed soo bad. Then the crowd going crazy for Gray.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I wanna see the 4th and 5th round just to see the crowd do that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Right at the middle and end of the 4th i believe Gray just drops his arms and starts taunting Clay and telling him to hit him, good stuff. That's right about where the crowd shifted towards Gray.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very surprised to read that Guida was running away for most of the fight, so strange for a guy that regularly brings it to other fighters even at the risk of getting hit. Not sure why he played it safe when his whole career has been about taking a risk and fighting an awesome fight.

Happy that Brian Ebersole won again.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guida needs to leave Greg Jackson.

I never wanna see another fight of his if he's gonna do shit like this from now on, only plus is that he lost so is unlikely to pull a running man again.

Never thought I'd see the day that Clay Guida turned into Kalib Starnes.......theres even people trying to defend him by saying it was 'great footwork'. SMH. This was nothing like Condit/Diaz, at least Condit actually traded with Diaz on occasion.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was Guida injured heading into this fight or did he have a really, really bad game plan?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Aight there was a replay and I made sure to record the entire thing as it was like 4 in the morning. I watched it this morning... Guida bombed that fight. 4th round when Gray dropped his hands and taunted him... told him to hit him and took like 2 or 3 clean shots and then Guida went for the takedown and got caught in the guillotine... man that was awesome. That was like... aight this is Maynard's fight right here.

And then the 5th the ref finally stepped in and told Guida to start engaging. Almost like the Alexander/Kimbo fight where Houston circled for the entire first round and then started it again in the second until the ref intervened. But mannnn Guida ... I dunno what he was thinking. I mean someof it was good footwork getting in and out but for the most part... it was just a guy running in circles. Horrible.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Was Guida injured heading into this fight or did he have a really, really bad game plan?

He just had a shit game plan, if literally running away from Maynard the whole fight is what you even wanna call a game plan.

Here's the medical suspension from this show

Gray Maynard is suspended for 45 days due to a laceration.

Sam Stout is suspended for 45 days for a facial laceration, and is also suspended indefinitely pending an x-ray of facial/orbital bones.

Spencer Fisher is suspended for 45 days due to a facial laceration.

Ross Pearson is suspended for 45 days due to a facial laceration.

Joey Gambino is suspended for 90 days for a laceration, and is also suspended indefinitely pending a CT scan of facial bones.

Nick Catone is suspended for 60 days due to a laceration, and is also suspended indefinitely pending an x-ray of his nose.

Luis Ramos is suspended for 30 days due to a laceration.

C.J. Keith was fined $1,200, payable to his opponent, Ramsey Nijem, for not making weight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the ratings

This past weekend's UFC on FX 4 event drew 1.3 million viewers on FX, MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) today confirmed with industry sources.

The event took place this past Saturday, June 22, at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey with a Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida lightweight headliner.

Of the four UFC on FX events to date, Friday's show tied for second while trailing only UFC on FX 2, which drew 1.4 million viewers.

The event was the second-highest-rated show on cable in its timeslot among male viewers. Additionally, along with its presentation of "Iron Man" beforehand, FX was the highest-rated cable channel of the night among all viewers 18-49 and men 18-34.

Additionally, compared to UFC on FX 3 earlier this month, UFC on FX 4 was up 20 percent overall, including 32 percent among all viewers 18-49 and up 47 percent among men 18-49. In those two key demos, the audience grew throughout the night by 61 percent from the first quarter hour to the last quarter hour of the two-hour broadcast.

In addition to Maynard's five-round split-decision win over Guida, UFC on FX 4 featured a co-main event and trilogy match between lightweight veterans Sam Stout and Spencer Fisher. Like the first two meetings in 2006 and 2007, the third proved close, but Stout took home a unanimous-decision victory to take a 2-1 lead in the series.

FX has aired five UFC main-card broadcasts to date and three in June. UFC on FX 4 was tops for the month.

The all-time UFC-FX ratings include:
UFC 145 ratings (prelims): 1.6 million viewers
UFC 144 ratings (prelims): 1.5 million
UFC on FX 2 ratings (main card): 1.4 million
UFC 143 ratings (prelims): 1.4 million
UFC on FX 4 ratings (main card): 1.3 million
UFC 146 ratings (prelims): 1.3 million
UFC on FX 1 ratings (main card): 1.3 million
UFC on FX 3 ratings (main card): 1.1 million viewers
TUF Live Finale ratings (main card): 1.0 million
UFC 142 ratings (prelims): 880,000

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Pretty much a guarantee the next FX ratings will be down after Guida stunk the place out.

They'll have to do a big fight to make up for that shit.