UFC on FX 2: Alves vs. Kampmann

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC_on_FX_2.jpg

Press conference for this show tonight @ 7pm.​

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the weigh in results;

MAIN CARD (FX)

• [*=center]Thiago Alves (170.5) vs. Martin Kampmann (170.5)
    [*=center]Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (125.5) - flyweight-tourney opening round
    [*=center]Demetrious Johnson (125.5) vs. Ian McCall (125.5) - flyweight-tourney opening round
    [*=center]Court McGee (184.5) vs. Constantinos Philippou (185.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)​

• [*=center]Aaron Rosa (205.5) vs. James Te Huna (206)
    [*=center]Nick Penner (203.5) vs. Anthony Perosh (205)
    [*=center]Cole Miller (146) vs. Steven Siler (146)
    [*=center]Andrew Craig (185) vs. Kyle Noke (185)
    [*=center]Jake Hecht (171) vs. T.J. Waldburger (170)
    [*=center]Daniel Pineda (146) vs. Mackens Semerzier (146)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)​

• [*=center]Shawn Jordan (245.5) vs. Oli Thompson (235)

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Holy fuck, Alves puts on 27 pounds of weight three hours after the weigh ins yesterday. :why2:
1179q8i_medium.jpg

The picture shows “Pitbull” back on the scales in his hotel room was posted by famed nutritionist, Mike Dolce with the caption “three hours later”. Dolce has worked extensively with Alves over the last year after the Brazilian failed to make weight on a number of occasions.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
What a fucking fight between Cole Miller/Steve Siler, could end up being Fight Of The Night as i don't think the main card is going to deliver too much.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Even though i put a Vbookie on Johnson, there's no possible way he won that fight. Fucking Judges.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Tonight made history biggest live gate and most attendance to a Free TV Fight Night, $2.3 Million Live Gate and 14 K+ Attendance. It was also their 200th UFC event tonight, good night for them indeed, minus the HUGE fuck up involving a fight.

I can honestly say i underrated this card beyond belief, and for me at least it delivered. These Flyweights might not actually be a bad decision they had some damn good fights tonight. I was pissed when they announced Johnson as the winner of the Johnson/McCall fight even though i actually wanted him to win it wasn't right to rob Mccall of a title shot. So I'm glad there ended up being an error in scoring and it ended up actually being a draw after all, both fighters were awarded Fight Of The Night bonuses added to there already earned fight bonuses as well Dana was pretty pissed off though when he had to announce the error with scoring in front of all the media at the post fight press conference.

Kampmann getting the comeback win against Alves was pretty awesome, Alves looked pretty good in the fight and was on the way to taking a clear as day unanimous decision victory but with 45 seconds left in the last round he made a big mistake and he tried for a take down and Kampmann choked him out.

For a card that i basically said was one of the worst, it turned out to be one hell of a card with some pretty good action on it.

Kampmann called out Condit also, Dana said he'd offer the fight to Condit but would respect whatever he decides to do.

Here's exactly what happened with the Johnson/McCal fight.

Unfortunately, there was a minor problem. Judge Sal D'Amato, who had given Johnson the opening two rounds with 10-9 marks, gave McCall the third with a 10-8 score, which should have resulted in 28-28 total. With Anthony Dimitriou issuing a 29-29 score and Kon Papai awarding Johnson the fight 29-28, the fight should have been a majority draw, which under the special rules in place for the fight would have resulted in a fourth, sudden-victory round.

But when transferring the scores issued by the judges to the tabulating sheets, Waller accidentally recorded a 10-9 round in McCall's favor on D'Amato's card. That meant D'Amatos' total was incorrectly announced as 29-28 for Johnson, giving "Mighty Mouse" a majority decision.

"It was a bit of an unfortunate situation," Waller said. "I take full responsibility for what happened."

"The fight should have been a majority draw. We should have gone to a fourth round. I sincerely apologize to both fighters, to Dana, and to every single fan of the UFC."

Waller also made it very clear that while it was D'Amato's scoring total that was miscalculated, it was he (as the official in charge of transferring and tabulating the totals) who made the mistake, not the judge.

"Sal wasn't the one that made the error," Waller said. "It was my error."

White, who said he wasn't told about the error until after the entire show was over, couldn't believe the mistake.

"As soon as the show ended, they came over and told me," White said. "After the card was done, they came up to me, and I said, 'You've got to be fucking kidding me. How is this possible?'"

By the way the guy they refer to in this article is Craig Waller he's the executive to the athletic commission for where they were located last night and he's basically the reason all of this shit happened.

Kind of wish i could've seen Dana White's actual reaction when they broke the news to him that they fucked up.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Will catch this later, surely they can change that to a no contest though?

Also, Kampmann vs Condit would be an awful styles clash. I love Kampmann and am really glad he beat that turd Alves, but I'd prefer to see him vs aggressive fighters because he always makes for exciting fights in those situations. Him v CC would look like Quarry/Starnes.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't end up watching this show because the card didn't interest me at all. Looks like I should have given it a chance. Happy to see that Kampmann won the mainevent, not sure if he should get Condit next but it gets him closer.

Amazing that there were 14k people there drawing over $2 million. Hopefully UFC gives us something back next year and rewards us with some big names.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
They're actually coming back to Australia later on this year i think Dana said in September, they're going to try and get a show in Sydney.