UFC On FX 1: Miller VS Guillard

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

UFC on FX 1 will be LIVE! on FX on January 20th 2012 from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

UFC_FN_26.jpg

Main Event:

155lbs: Melvin Guillard (29-9-2-1) vs Jim Miller (20-3)

Main Card:

170lbs: Josh Neer (32-10-1) vs Duane Ludwig (21-11)
265lbs: Pat Barry (6-4) vs Christian Morecraft (7-2)

Preliminary Card(Airing on FuelTV):

145lbs: Vagner Rocha (7-2) vs Mike Brown (25-8)
170lbs: Charlie Brenneman (14-3) vs Daniel Roberts (12-3)
205lbs: Karlos Vemola (8-2) vs Ryan Jimmo (16-1)
185lbs: Jorge Rivera (18-9) vs Eric Schafer (12-6-2)
135lbs: Joseph Sandoval (6-1) vs Nick Denis (10-2)
155lbs: Khabib Nurmagomedov (16-0) vs Kamal Shalorus (7-1-2)
155lbs: Rafello Oliveira (14-5) vs Reza Madadi (11-2)
Pretty decent card for free TV, with a solid main event and decent undercard. Pat Barry is always good for a slugfest.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I love this fight, even tho its hard to watch one of them lose as they are 2 of my faves....

Gutted that Miller lost to Bendo, he was sooooo close to a title shot too. Didnt expect Guillard to lose to Lauzon either, especially in the manner he did.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really good mainevent for a free show. Both guys had their runs cut just short of a title shot so this is a good match-up to see who should be right back in title contention.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A lingering hand injury has forced Rafaello Oliveira out of next month's UFC on FX 1 event.

Oliveira (14-5 MMA, 1-4 UFC) today announced his withdrawal via Twitter, though he didn't disclose details about the injury.

UFC officials now will search for a replacement for Oliveira, who was slated to fight promotional newcomer and fellow lightweight Reza Madadi (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at the show.

Featuring a headliner of Melvin Guillard vs. Jim Miller, UFC on FX 1 takes place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. Oliveira vs. Madadi was slated for the night's preliminary card.

Oliveira looked to snap a two-fight losing streak after dropping contests to Yves Edwards and Gleison Tibau. "Tractor" is just 1-4 in the UFC but owns an 11-1 career mark in fights that have taken place outside of the octagon.

The 31-year-old Iranian-born "Mad Dog" Madadi is riding a six-fight win streak that includes consecutive wins over big-show veterans Rich Clementi, Carlo Prater and Junie Browning. After dropping his professional debut in 2006, Madadi has since earned 11 wins in 12 trips to the cage. Six of Madadi's professional wins have come via submission, and his two losses have each come via decision.

MMAJunkie.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Last week we announced that Rafaello Oliveira had been forced out of his bout with Reza Madadi set for the UFC’s debut on FX due to an injury.

At the time of our initial announcement, no replacement opponent had yet been booked by the UFC. That however has changed as of today and Fabricio Camoes has agreed to fill that void.

UFC on FX 1 is set to take place from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on January 20. A lightweight bout between Melvin Guillard and Jim Miller will serve as the evening’s main event live on FX. The preliminary bouts are expected to air on FUEL TV.

Madadi is a Swedish-Iranian wrestler who has taken out a notable list of UFC veterans in route to his UFC contract. With a six-fight win streak to his credit he has been able to destruct names like Rich Clementi, Carlo Prater and Junie Browning.

Fabricio Camoes takes the fight with UFC newcomer, Madadi, on a little more than three weeks’ notice. However, that doesn’t mean he is underprepared for his return to Octagon action.

After his initial release from the UFC prompted by a UFC 111 loss to Kurt Pellegrino, Camoes took to the regional circuit via the Tachi Palace promotion in northern California. His last performance was a decision win over “TUF 8” winner, Efrain Escudero and was in the midst of a camp for a Thomas Denny fight when the UFC asked him to return on short notice.

MMAJunkie.com

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Mike Brown's recent withdrawal from next month's UFC on FX 1 event was due to a recent knee surgery.

UFC officials announced on Thursday that Brown (25-8 MMA, 1-3 UFC), a former WEC featherweight champion, scratched from his bout with Vagner Rocha (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) due to an injury.

Brown today clarified the nature of it.

Thankfully, it shouldn't keep him sidelined too long.

"Yesterday Mike underwent [arthroscopic] surgery on his left knee to remove damaged cartilage and loose bone chips," stated an update on mikebrownmma.com. "He is expecting a full and speedy recovery. He will resume his normal full training schedule as soon as two to three weeks."

Brown looked to build on the strength of a unanimous-decision win over Nam Phan in August at UFC 133. The result snapped a two-fight losing streak for the fighter, who's 3-4 over his past seven fights.

No replacement has been named for Brown for the event, which takes place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

MMAJunkie.com

Ben

Reaction score
Damn this event is already next week, followed by two more events the following weeks. Great time to be a fan, especially since 2 of these events are on free tv.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah they've got a busy schedule coming up, hopefully though the free shows do well in a ratings standpoint. I mean, they're solid cards and what not but this show in particular i don't see a lot of casual MMA fans watching. While the Fox show they're doing right after this will probably bring in big time ratings because of who's involved in the fights and what not.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
Pitty if Barry loses then he's done inside of the UFC. I really don't see him losing to Morecraft at all, but there's still that chance.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;QVrZAL16FFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QVrZAL16FFI[/video]

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The full UFC on FX 1 weigh-in results include:

MAIN CARD (FX)
Melvin Guillard (156) vs. Jim Miller (155)
Duane "Bang" Ludwig (170.5) vs. Josh Neer (171)
Mike Easton (135) vs. Jared Papazian (135.5)
Pat Barry (242) vs. Christian Morecraft (256)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
Jorge Rivera (185.5) vs. Eric Schafer (185)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (155) vs. Kamal Shalorus (155.5)
Charlie Brenneman (170.5) vs. Daniel Roberts (170.5)
Fabricio Camoes (157.5)* vs. Tommy Hayden (155.5)
Daniel Pineda (145) vs. Pat Schilling (145)
Nick Denis (135.5) vs. Joseph Sandoval (135)

* - Camoes has been given two hours to lose the additional weight

MMAJunkie.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hopefully I will be online for this as it happens as I should be watching it live since it is on ONE here in Australia.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping to get this thread going during the show for live discussion, but i have no idea how many people are going to watch this show tonight.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If its on TV here in the UK I'll be online, don't think ESPN has the rights to FX cards though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Win or lose, UFC on FX 1's Jorge Rivera is set to retire. Rivera has often flirted with the idea but made up his mind recently.

"I've thought about this for a long time," Rivera said. "If I would have won my last fight, I would have walked away. But that's not how it worked out, and I just told myself I would leave no matter what happens.

"It's time to go. I'm starting to feel like that old man in the club trying to pick up chicks. It gets a little creepy after a while."

Rivera, 39, made his debut at UFC 44 with a decision over onetime middleweight challenger David Loiseau. Most notably, he went on a three-fight win streak in 2009-2010 that earned him a fight with division standout Michael Bisping. In a highly controversial meeting at UFC 127, Bisping delivered a blatantly illegal knee to a downed Rivera in the first frame before winning a second-round TKO. The Brit then spit at Rivera's cornerman (Bisping was later denied a discretionary bonus for the incident).

Tonight's fight, which takes place at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn., and airs live on FUEL TV, marks Rivera's 15th appearance inside the octagon. His current UFC record stands at 7-7.

UFC on FX's four-bout main card airs live on FX.

A father of three, Rivera said he has another child on the way and wants to focus on other things in life.

"I've had a great time," he said. "I absolutely love the fans. I love everything about this job. It's going to be hard to be away from it. And I hope to be back cornering somebody else, but this will be the last time I fight."

Although happy with his career, Rivera has regrets about his time in the UFC.

"I didn't take it as serious as I should have," he said. "I never saw everything taking place. I was just really happy to be there. I didn't take my training seriously. There's a lot of things I would go back and tell myself.

"If I had anything to do, I would probably say to myself, 'Become more well-rounded.' Wrestle more, do more jiu-jitsu. Work on the things that you're not as good at. Get with good trainers. There's a million things that I would do.

MMAjunkie.com