UFC on Fuel 8: Silva vs. Stann

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hopefully they can keep this pace up for a couple more rounds. Such an action packed first round.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well that sucks. Didn't want Wandy to win at all, he keeps annoying me by winning these fights that I just don't want him to win. Not good for Stann.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I saw it coming... SILVA! SILVA! YES! WHAT A FIGHT!

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Yeah I feel bad for Stann, he's a great guy and pretty talented but he simply got beat by his own style. He needs to evolve his game with better wrestling.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
If only Cro Cop had a moment like this with a sick knockout, the whole topic of old Pride guys tonight has me thinking about Cro Cop.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Damn Stann making me feel bad for him, but he is one of those guys that its impossible not too like. Exciting fighter and all class. So good to see Wandy get a nasty KO in Japan again though.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Loved the last two fights.

lol Struve looked horrendous, at one point he went for an armbar.....without the arm. Please cut him Dana, or let a top 10 guy tee off on him as targer practice.

Okami wrestlefucked his way to another boring fight, really wish the UFC would stop booking him against exciting strikers.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Loved the last two fights.

lol Struve looked horrendous, at one point he went for an armbar.....without the arm. Please cut him Dana, or let a top 10 guy tee off on him as targer practice.

Okami wrestlefucked his way to another boring fight, really wish the UFC would stop booking him against exciting strikers.

Saw that shit and damn near pissed myself, he also does a terrible job at defending strikes, which is why he gets caught by hooks. Simply putting your hands beside your face doesn't stop shit. He also doesn't use teat kicks and hardly throws jabs or leg kicks. And Hunt should've stayed out of his guard, he would've stopped the fight alot faster.

Okami killing off the prospects for title shots does the UFC no service what so ever, he shouldn't get contenders, but older names that are not in contention like a Wandy or Vitor.

And Speaking of Wandy, boy did he save this entire card. And I sure didn't expect him to win, I'm over the moon about it. But Stann fucked up by trying to brawl, he didn't do that against Leben, he fought smart in that one, but this one he left technique out of the equation and look what happened. Wanderlai made an entire career out of throwing hooks against a cage or ropes. And what does this mean for Wandy? Does he retire on a win? Or does he keep going? Will he ever get a title shot?

Probably not, but there are fights out there for him, rematches galore with Vitor or Hendo.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Vitor's still a contender, he beats 95% of the current MWs. But yeah Okami who has an incredibly slim chance of ever getting another Title shot should be kept away from knocking off other contenders but at least he's killed off Lombards hype, that guy is a complete dud in the UFC. There's a huge difference between Bellator and UFC and he fights like a moron. He had to know he was down 2 rounds but was content to lay and pray Okami.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah Okami... zzzzzzzz man that was boring. Lombard started to look alive in the 3rd until he decided to try to take the fight to the ground and stay there. That was just too dumb. I'm very very tired of Okami. Just really... BORING.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Got this downloaded so gonna watch it in a bit and will post thoughts. But yeah Struve is fucking horrible for a big guy, he's the Gustafsson of the HW Division.