• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UFC Hall-of-Famer, Chuck Liddell Talks Shane Mosley and Retirement on "Bar Fly"

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Chuck Liddell, a UFC hall-of-famer, and one of the biggest stars in MMA history was on Bar Fly with Ed O'Neill as they talked about his retirement, Randy Couture, and Shane Mosley's recent bout against Manny Pacquiao.

They have a good discussion on Mosley's decision to avoid engaging on the Pacquiao bout, but one of the more interesting bits of the video, was Chuck being very open when speaking on his decision to retire:

"I love fighting. I loved what I did. If I could still take a punch, I would still be out there fighting."

"I made other excuses for it in the past -- Maybe I wasn't training so hard. Maybe I was doing this wrong, but I did everything right for that fight [against Rich Franklin]. I was in great shape... I made a decision because of that... But it's a tough thing. It's the hardest thing in the world for me to accept. It's hard, because all I've ever done is train."

HT: MMAMania