UFC 181 has come and gone

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Overall it was a rather good show.

first fight was pretty good. It was short.

Second fight saw a returning Todd Duffee against some guy and in under a minute... Duffee shows that he hasn't lost his power at all. He connected and that guy face planted. Still haven't seen Duffee connect with any kicks yet.

Schaub vs. Browne... Browne showed that he is still good but Schaub... his time in the UFC may be coming up soon. He can't win lately. Bellator maybe?

co main featured Melendez vs. Pettis... and Pettis... mannnn I'm not sure if there is anybody in the lightweight division that can beat him. The first round was pretty good but then Pettis connected in the second round and then locked in a submission and won. Pettis is a complete fighter and Melendez is really good and tough and is the first to finish him.

Main event... Hendricks vs. lawler... I'll say overall the first fight was better. But this fight was still real good. But the fifth round... Hendricks kinda stopped fighting and just tried to hold on to Lawler's leg. Lawler got that split decision win though. Hard earned. Thinking Rory should be nect in line as to not hold up the division like what happened in the lightweight with Edgar/Maynard.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Duffe returns from some crazy nerve condition.

Tony Ferguson got beat up and got the submission.

Browne knocked Shaube out. I always like seeing that.

Pettis looked alright, Melendez had a good gameplay but got lazy and left his head in the wrong spot. Pettis gets a grappler he could lose.

Had the fight 3-2 for Lawler, more significant strikes for Lawler and Hendricks didn't do much outside of 3 flurries and some takedowns. Hendricks won 3-4 and Lawler had 1,2,5.

Give him Rory, better off than a trilogy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah Hendricks was horrible and negative.

I saw a YouTube commenter (bear with me) with a rare nugget of wisdom, he said Hendricks is kinda like Urijah Hall in that he hasn't got that killer instinct, he doesn't want to hurt people but rather land one shot and collect his check.

Pettis struggled a bit. He looked sharp striking when coming off the fence but Melendez lit him up on the feet and had his way with him grappling too.

Schaub is horrible and got absolutely trashed face to face by Joe Rogan on his podcast (Google it), the win does nothing for Browne.

Tony Ferguson looks good, shame that TUF is dead now because he's way better than some of those early winners who got thrust into superstardom.

The Punk news overshadowed everything tho.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I have to say I can see that in Hendricks thinking about it now. He is kinda like GSP in that as well.