UFC UFC 167: St. Pierre vs. Hendricks - Nov 17th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fauche

Reaction score
I am a Canadian and a huge GSP fan.

And that decision was fucking terrible.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Everyone except those 2 judges thinks Hendricks won.

MMA is still a side show circus act when judges can make decisions like these.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
First off, my picks were shit for this card.

Secondly, I scored the mainevent a draw, first two rounds were definitely Hendricks, next two were GSPs not by much, but volumes of strikes count more than power shots that don't stop fights...Boxing judging 101, which is why I keep saying the 10 point must system is flawed for MMA, if this was old Pride judging, Hendricks wins handsdown, judge it on the overall fight not round by round, then we don't get murky waters like this.

And My boy Shad beatsdown Sonnen easily, was great watchitng Rory Mac get his ass kicked by Lawler wasn't the KO I wanted. Kos isn't going anywhere unless he retires, Dana White has loyalty to that first season TUF cast, which is why people like Leben still have jobs. And people like Fitch and Okami get cut after one loss.

People not cheering Dan Severn made me mad, stupid UFC fans don't shit about their history.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just got home and some of those fights were kinda meh... others pretty good.

Koscheck... mannnnnn you just got knocked the... yeah. That was brutal.

I have to say though... even though Rory didn't get knocked out I'm glad he lost. I'm tired of him barely doing anything and still squeaking by with a win. Just felt nice.

Shad... well he showed some of that old viciousness finally. Maybe next fight he'll bring that same fight. But for Chael... well he'll be entering TUF Brazil with a loss.

GSP vs. Hendricks... that was quite a fight. I thought Hendricks was gonna finish him... came close a couple times. But usually when it comes to a close fight like that, split decision... especially against a long standing champion... the fight is most likely going to go to GSP. But that was quite the fight. Unless there is a rematch not sure who else is left for GSP to challenge in the welterweight division.

Overall... pretty decent card.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
And Dana is pissed saying Hendricks should have won. I can't say I disagree. And then GSP is saying that he is going to "take some time off."

Yeah I'm starting to lose a lot of interest in GSP right now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So Dana has spoken with GSP after the press conference and during the post-fight press scrum he said GSP's issue wasn't anywhere near as bad as GSP thinks and he reckons that there'll be a rematch without either guy missing a loop or something along those lines.

Also, THAT face.

201_gsp.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Still extremely deflated this morning from that result.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
GSP wants baby Georges running around his dojo. He doesn't have anything left to prove, so he can retire and come back to reclaim his throne if he wants. Dana White holds no cards when it comes to GSP, he is their biggest PPV draw and the face of the company. I also don't get how the fighter always gets the blame when a decision goes their way, he isn't judging his fight, and you always think you won unless you tapped or got KO'd.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He has to prove he can beat Hendricks, despite Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder filling in as Judges last night GSP lost to Hendricks. Would he want to retire on a loss? And a loss that got screwed up when it came to the NSAC. These are the same morons that almost judged Mayweather v Canelo as a draw...

Retiring on this note would be a terrible way for Georges to go out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
St. Pierre doesn't have to "prove" a damn thing. He doesn't "owe" anyone shit. Alot of buzzwords being thrown around these days, but the fact remains his legacy will forever be known as the best Welterweight in MMA. You think anyone is going to remember this shit in context? Does anyone think Ali lost to Chuvalo?

GSP can leave if he wants, retire and return to a different league if he wants. If Dana White is going to say stupid shit at media scrums, i would retire and go to a place that would give him 5 mil a fight, GSP is the biggest draw in this sport. He can do whatever the fuck he wants, he doesn't have to show loyalty to a company that wouldn't do the same.