UFC 166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
999578_154169578111526_904627422_n.jpg

Main Card
Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague

Preliminary Card
Tim Boetsch vs. CB Dolloway
Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessica Eye
K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos

Online Prelims
TJ Waldburger vs. Adlan Amagov
Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
Jeremy Larsen vs. Andre Fili
Dustin Pague vs. Koyoji Horiguchi

Last edited by a moderator:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Strong card. Like the two heavyweight mainevents and there is enough on the undercard to keep me happy. Cain/JDS III will hopefully be more like II than I, just an all out war but more even. Sotiropoulos is still signed I see, lost three in a row and has only fought once in the past two years. Simply has to win to keep his job.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Dang... one loss and Rockhold fell down to the prelims. But this is a rather strong card.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ok, edited the first post and all the matchups are now upto date.

Can't believe this card is only a week away. Who are you wanting to win in Cain/JDS and who do you think will actually win? I'm really torn on who will win, but maybe it's just the Prime time episodes selling it well and disguising it, but it's making me believe that JDS really wasn't in proper condition last time around so i'm looking forward to seeing whether or not he can handle Cains pace and aggression this time around.

Juniors camp saying that Cain hit like a girl also gave me a chuckle, would be hilarious now if he KO'd him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The guy who beat down Big Nog "hits like a girl"? Good line.

Not sure why Dodson is on the maincard, while MArquardt/Lombard is on the prelims, guess Zuffa doesn't want Lonmbard to get any PPV points after they were bought a lemon. Could still have Noons/Soti-popopopoopopoplous on the maincard instead of midgets imo.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Looking forward to Eye v Kaufman most of all on this card. Sick of the out of control Cormier hype train, Nelsons good for a laugh thats it. Sick on JDS and Cains constant excuses for their first loss; between their injuries, overtraining, etc. Cain may hit like a girl but he sure did make JDS' face look like eaten hamburger the last time. Be good for the HW division to move on and take a break from Cain v JDS, we all know those 2 will fight each other 10 times before they hang their gloves up.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm here for this shit :mark:

Anyone else about?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I forgot how much of a weird looking fucker Lombard is, expecting a good fight here.

Edit: Or a quick blowout :adr:

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Not a bad card, Diego v Gilbert was that typical toughness > technique MMA brawl that puts asses in seats.

Lombard looked great at WW, though in saying that it could be due to how mediocre Nate has looked for a while now.

Nelson was once again outclassed, guy needs to be kept with all the non top 10 scrubs where he belongs.

Disappointed that Cain didn't go for the kill, in the end JDS headbutting the mat ended the fight. He was tagging JDS at will at range but then would shoot in for the clinch everytime. Has he been training with Greg Jackson? Equally disappointing that JDS just kept putting himself against the cage and basically letting Cain keep him there. I can see what he was going for as it prevents the takedown but it also prevents any real offence from JDS. Ah well Junior will get another 3-4 cracks at Cain anyway.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just got home and my ears were freakin ringin when I got out of Buffalos. But man that was an awesome card. Awesome fights.

Lombard dropping Nate like that... I was like dang.

Dodson is a beast. I'm not a fan of the tiny division but I like Dodson. Gonzaga delivering again. Ate that shot and then delivered one of his own to put Jordan's lights out.

But mannn mannn MANNNNNNN Melendez vs. Sanchez. INSANE! AWESOME! That was a fight man. Yeah Melendez did a lot of dominating but that third round... Sanchez was like in literal beast mode. Like a cheat mode where no matter what you did you couldn't hurt him. Even with his eyebrow split wide open, blood everywhere... they slugged it out. That was just ... mannn that was a fight.

Cormier vs. Nelson. Pretty good fight. Just so hard to come after that Melendez vs. Sanchez fight. Otherwise the fight would have looked much better than it did. But Cormier saying he is dropping down to 205 for his next fight. We'll see how that goes. Wonder what is going to happen with Nelson though.

Main event time and that was a war. Looked like it was gonna be close but then Cain just started to pull away and soon he was just straight up dominating and almost finished it in the 3rd but couldn't quite get that finish. But in the 5th Dos Santos was somehow still standing... not sure how he could keep standing, let alone throw punches and elbows like he was after all of that abuse, but that failed sub attempt and it was like he was completely drained and had nothing left to offer.

But this has to be my fave card of the year thus far. Just awesomeness all around. Melendez vs. Sanchez... can't say anything more about that fight.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This was the best card in years. I loved every fight. What a warrior Junior is. Hope Cormier gets down to 205 and gives Jon Jones the same kind of beating. Napao getting the KO was my personal highlight.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Great night of fights from the prelims all the way to the top.

Really disappointed in Junior, was hoping for a much competitive fight but it just went exactly the same way the second one did. Just seems that whenever these guys meet again, it will most likely go the exact same way again unless Junior gets some insane cardio out of nowhere or he catches a really early punch again like in fight one.

Dana all but confirmed Cain/Werdum up next so personally i'd like to see Junior/Overeem providing he beats Mir as I think it makes a lot of sense all around. Would also make Cormier/Gus for #1 contenders at LHW too.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Cain/Werdum would be nice to see. Werdum has earned his shot.

Junior... I dunno. Its like he looked like he was ready for this fight then after round 2 he was almost not ready for the fight anymore. His punches still had some snap on them but he just had nothing left in the tank to even properly defend. Junior vs. Overeem would be a nice fight.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't really know what kind of strategy Junior could employ on Cain, Cain plays blanket and has the cardio to back it up. Outside of that first punch in the first, there wasn't much for JDS to do after that. Think Cain Velasquez would be unstoppable for awhile, can't see Werdum taking the title from him. And noone else out there makes me think otherwise.