UFC 158: GSP vs Diaz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He doesn't need to go all axe murderer, just when he has a guy hurt, or half blind go for the kill. Diaz is tough but there were numerous times where he could have smashed his face in during that fight due to him dominating him on the ground and his striking has become limited to jabs and superman punches, rarely does GSP throw any combo's. Its just one well picked shot at a time.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah but didn't he fuck up Kos' eye with the jab pretty early on? Swear he had a good couple of rounds where he had literally one eye but just kept going with the jab.

Yeah, he broke Koscheck's orbital bone in the first round.

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Koscheck was blind in one eye after a couple of rounds, so throw a headkick that he cant see coming, instead Georges just kept jabbing him for another 10-15 minutes.

Decisions happen yes, but GSP's style, his strategy is to actively seek decisions. He's good enough to where he can outclass everyone else for 25 minutes. Again I'm not saying that Georges or the guys he's facing are cans, just that anyone can be finished, but GSP fights for points. He's great at it.

You make it sounds like his thumping of Koscheck was anything less than ridiculously impressive. Every time he threw the jab, Koscheck knew it was coming but GSP continued to connect anyway. For 25 minutes. And it's not like Koscheck is a bad fighter either. GSP just made him look like a child and there wasn't anything that he could do about it.

In regards to not finishing Nick Diaz, I dunno what else to say. Diaz is one of those guys who has an iron chin pretty much. I'm pretty sure there's no stopping the guy. Look at his fight with Paul Daley. Daley hit him with everything that he had and he put Nick down but he just recovers so quickly from punishment it's absurd.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
GSP got knocked out, and doesn't want to have that happen again. Same as Rashad, same as most everyone who gets KO'd. This isn't new. Getting knocked out sucks, and concussions are a bitch.

And I'm not aiming this at anybody, so don't take offense here, but this reminds of the people who say someone doesn't know how to take a punch...As if there is some special way of taking a punch, Who the hell wants to get punched in the face? Not a fighter, a masochist maybe, but not a fighter. Other than rolling with someones swing, there is no real way of taking a punch other than eating a punch.

Nerotheory

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong GSP uses what suits him best and that's his wrestling ability. Just that on the ground he is really boring at times and almost to conservative. He has said that he does want to make mistakes so his approach comes as take them down and grind a decsion out. His striking is good and his opponent usually looks like they been beat by a pipe. Fact is i never see GSP losing until someone really takes it to him and doesn't get taken down.