UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
398878_10150733213632669_255701067668_9717643_217263698_n.jpg

Main Card
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen II
Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber III
Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin III
Melvin Guillard vs. Fabrício Camões
Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le

Preliminary Card
Demian Maia vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Renan Barão vs. Ivan Menjivar
Constantinos Philippou vs. Riki Fukuda
Gleison Tibau vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

[video=youtube;VLswPqwz9eY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLswPqwz9eY[/video]

[video=youtube;SZG0sNDa2JQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZG0sNDa2JQ[/video]

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This show is a while away, but I'm beyond pumped for this card so i had to get the thread up for it. Sonnen-Silva II is likely to be added to this card, possibly an official announcement tomorrow as the UFC Is holding a press conference regarding the matter. And which case I'll edit the thread as there's no way that will co-main event to Cruz/Faber

Such a sick card, top to bottom and if Silva-Sonnen gets added to this show it'll be fucking crazy but the show will still be great if it isn't added to this card. Anyways, my predictions go as followed (they'll likely change over time leading up to the show)

Cruz, Tito Ortiz, Rich Franklin, Bisping, Demian Maia.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wowwwwww I had no idea about this card.

I won't pretend to give a shit about the main event, but they are two good fighters. Didn't watch the last card they headlined and havent watched any of this seasons TUF, because to be honest I care very little about the bantams, and Faber/Cruz will keep happening every second fight as long as it stays as weak as it is currently. I'll go with Cruz via decision.

Tito/Griffin is ok, not too much impact on the division with a win either way. The biggest question is probably will Forrest retire if he gets beat here, as theres nowhere to go after that. Tito got robbed in their last fight and will most likely win here, neither have anything left to offer MMA though. I don't believe it will be Tito's last fight, win or lose, in fact I see M1 signing him as a Fedor victim.

Franklin is kind of an enigma in the sport, he doesnt do anything spectacular or unique and has a patchy, topsy turvy record in recent years but has beat a lot of top guys. This fight is probably the most interesting on the card to me. Franklin is late 30's and lost his last fight to Forrest pretty comfortably, I know this is a fresh startat a new (or old) weight but he may as well call it quits if he cant win here, not that Cung Le is awful or anything but why carry on getting mauled when you can go back to teaching kids for a living? Franklin will pull it off I think, but it'll be another messy fight.

Bisping looked fantastic against #2 in the division Sonnen and lets face it, should of got the decision. The only reason nobody is pissy about the result is because we get Sonnen/Silva 2 now. Boetsch also looked great against #3 Okami, so we have a fun fight on our hands here. Bisping has smarts and knows how to use his range, Boetsch's power should be a non-factor here. A win for Bis here could finally get him a crack at the winner of Sonnen/Silva.

Maia is shit and I have no interest at all in watching his fights. Kim is a good fighter though so lets pray for him to force Dan's gand and give Maia his pink slip.

MELVIN P4P GUILLARD IN DA HOUSEEEEEE. Don't know or care who he's facing, but this is a must watch.

Barao is one of the best fighters in the whole of MMA, IMO. He got a bit of flak for not punishing Scott Jorgensen enough, but he was in total control of that fight and impressed me a hell of a lot. Fuck knows why he hasnt had a title shot yet. Should be next in line after this. Phillipou I hear is a top prospect so I'll probs czech out his fight too.

If Anderson v Sonnen is headliner this could be the GOAT MMA show.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This card just got reallll good. Damn. CHAEL VS ANDERSON II HAS BEEN ADDED. That is one stacked card.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This card is gonna be sick

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The Greatest of All Time possibly, defiantly ranks in the top 5 cards of all time.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea this is a pretty fantastic card. Pulling for Silva and Faber in the main events. I don't see Faber winning though as I think Cruz just has his number. As for Silva/Sonnen...I just see Silva actually taking this fight serious and coming out with a purpose after all the shit taking Sonnen did. For me Sonnen looked like shit in the Bisping fight, and if he comes out with that sloppy stuff against Silva he's going to get Knocked The Fuck Out.

He's done a great job selling the fight, but personally I just don't like the guy, his demeanor in general just puts me off, so I'm def one of the few people that haven't jumped on his nuts and hoping for a good fight ending with a KO by Silva in the 3rd.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
UFC stepping up big time with this card. OH MY GOODNESS!! I thought May 26th would be card of the century but this one can top it. Two title fights with undercard guys like Franklin and Bisping is brilliant.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Holy crap this card is awesome.

Shame that Silva vs. Sonnen isn't going to happen in Brazil in front of 55k fans but still the atmosphere should be good. Since it is no longer in Brazil I want Silva to retain, part of me wanted Sonnen to win before but that was simply to see the reaction of the Brazilian fans.

Cruz vs. Faber should be good and I can't see Cruz losing, he looked really good against Faber last time and I don't see anything changing.

Ortiz vs. Griffin will be alright because it could be both guys final fights so they should both throw everything at this fight.

Franklin vs. Le will be interesting because I thought that Le looked really good against Wandy and got a harsh decision against him. Franklin has always been around there at the top of the division and I don't really mind who wins.

I hope that Bisping will be able to beat Boetsch. He looked awesome against Sonnen, for a second I actually thought that he had taken the win when they announced the judges decision, and he really does deserve the next title shot. Boetsch did have an incredible comeback in the Okami fight but I hope that Bisping takes him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Guess Dana-Anderson argued for 75 minutes because Silva didn't want the fight in Vegas. So that report i read about tension between Silva-White wasn't entirely BS.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guess Dana-Anderson argued for 75 minutes because Silva didn't want the fight in Vegas. So that report i read about tension between Silva-White wasn't entirely BS.

Yeah, the press conference was really weird....

Dana said he had "no problems at all with Anderson for this fight", then starts saying he had to work hard to get him to come to Vegas....

Also, Sonnen's rant at Silva's opponents was awesome :lol:

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
One of those main card fights should be moved to the Calgary card to make it less shit. Sorry if I'm keeping on about this, but it's unREAL how mediocre this card is turning out.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a bit ridiculous that UFC moved the card away from Brazil. It shows poor planning by them that they didn't realise there was a UN convention in town the same time as their PPV, surely if they looked into it this could have been avoided.