UFC 129 Sells Out/ Destroys Attendance Record

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
6/10

I liked him back then, not in TNA though. He does have decent skills in ring which is the only reason I give him a 6.

circle

Reaction score
I absolutely hate JJ and his promos...don't mind his wrestling ability, but he was champion too long all the time, and he sounded whiney in his promos. But that is not going to stop me from giving him a 9/10 b/c he has been a staple in this business and held many titles.

Reaction score
I agree with Soulpower, there seem to be a lot of high marks for JJ (and a classically moronic low ball figure from King Ash, whose beef with TNA has clearly stripped him of all logic) but I guess he's more popular than I thought.

In my opinion he's an above average worker who, mostly down to nepotism, has had four WCW Heavyweight title runs (as well a US title run), IC, European and Tag belts in the WWF and God knows how many NWA title reigns in TNA. He's a strong if wrong-kind-of-heat generating heel who is frequently impressive on the stick who strangely made his most effective promo before he left at BFG '06 before he disappeared from TV. He's had some great matches in his time (his ladder match with Benoit in WCW sticks out particularly) and gets more abuse than he deserves, most of which seems to derive from his main event hogging rather than his solid if unspectacular skills.

Also, I guess if Hogan can get marks for what he has done for the industry then I guess Jarrett should get some too. As small and unthreatening as TNA is right now, Jarrett has created the closest thing to a competitor for WWE and whilst it's clearly not particularly worrying to Vince (that 0.59 up against Raw last week proves that) it's a start and it means that wrestlers don't have to stick with WWE. It also offers up a different televised ring style to the one seen on McMahon programming. Whether you like TNA or not their existence itself means something and Jarrett is at the heart of it.

All things considered 7.5/10.

Wrestling Station

I only can remember his match against Ahmad Johnson back in WWF royal rumble96 and he sucked alot.
After that i cant even forget that he sucked, so whatever he wrestled after that match will also make me think that he never changed to be the most booed guy in the business.

I give him 6/10 coz he has history in wrestling, other than that, nothing special about him imo.

Ben

Reaction score
The UFC said Saturday that all tickets for its April 30 event at Rogers Centre (formerly The Skydome) in Toronto have been sold.

Rogers Centre was originally configured to accommodate 42,000 spectators, but due to increasing public demand it was reconfigured to seat 55,000 fans.

"UFC continues to set new milestones," UFC president Dana White said. "We've sold 55,000 tickets in our first stadium event in Toronto and we continue to take the UFC to the next level."

UFC 129 will be the first mixed martial arts event held in Ontario. It is expected to more than double the promotion's record for largest crowd to witness a live event.

It will be headlined by two title fights, both featuring Canadians. George St. Pierre looks to defend his welterweight belt against Jake Shields, and fellow Canadian Mark Hominick faces current featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

The largest number of spectators for a UFC event was 23,000 at UFC 124, headlined by St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck. That event was held on Dec. 11, 2010, at Bell Centre in Montreal.

UFC 129 is also expected to shatter the promotion's mark for live gate revenue. The current record for a live gate is $5.4 million, set on Dec. 30, 2006, for UFC 66 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

55,000 tickets is just a crazy number for a UFC event, and it's another huge step forward for them.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty impressive and sure it the same thing will happen if the GSP/Silva fight happens.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
fuck that. GSP/Silva in Brazil. would be absolute bananas.