UFC 127 discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
method_get_s_ufc-127-poster_large_medium.jpg

Fight card:
Welterweight Bout: "The Prodigy" BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch
Middleweight bout: Michael Bispings. Jorge Rivera
Lightweight bout: George Sotropoulus vs. Dennis SIver
Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Chris Lythe
Middleweight bout: Chris Camozzi vs. Kyle Noke

Discuss.

I for one am really looking forward to the Penn/Fitch fight. BJ really I feel is determined to show that he belongs at Welterweight and a win over Jon could easily solidify him as a legitimate contender.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Oh please Jon Fitch, a fighter that will never make it up or go down in that WW division.

Can we now talk about Silva getting taught by Steven Seagal and doing this to Belfort:

2.gif

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the guys on this card not particularly likeable? UFC 126 has Jones, Bader, Forrest, Franklin and Torres. This card has Mr Boring (Fitch), Spoilt prodigy (Penn), irritating brit (Bisping), arrogant Aussie(GST) and the german (Siver). Just doesn't really attract me all that much.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
This card should be free, compared to the last one.. this one is trash.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
This card should be free, compared to the last one.. this one is trash.

A free card is a priviledge, not a right. And a free card would not have BJ Penn on it. Love him or hate him, he's one of the more marketable guys in the UFC.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
We've seen a free card with BJ on it before. When he was lightweight champ and was defending against Jens Pulver. Regardless, I don't see this one being a big sellout.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
And that was the first time TUF had only one weight class so they wanted a marquee match up to showcase the Lightweights. They weren't as popular then.